OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Skippy

A lucky escape, Stryker!

Stryker2011 wrote:Nice effect with the collar. I agree the further the light is away from him, the better it looks. Since Scooby isn’t based on any real dog, or it’s coloring, the effect (without a full repaint) will always be “close enough”, so I think adding that little bit is a nice touch. Daphne and Velma look very different from their animated counterparts, so it only stands to reason Scooby would too.

I've finished his dog tag now too.

Dog - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 49443922963_9f82d982e9_o

You're right, I think he'll pass without a full repaint - which is something I didn't really want to have to do. His identity now lies in his collar and his tag.

skywalkersaga

Oh, wow, that really does the trick! If you hadn't already mentioned who he was supposed it be, it would be perfectly clear now, just with that addition. Excellent job. Smile

Stryker2011

Founding Father
That looks awesome. Nice job on the tag. Works perfectly.

Skippy

skywalkersaga wrote:Oh, wow, that really does the trick! If you hadn't already mentioned who he was supposed it be, it would be perfectly clear now, just with that addition. Excellent job. Smile

Stryker2011 wrote:That looks awesome. Nice job on the tag. Works perfectly.

Thanks. Very Happy

Now he knows who he is!

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:I definitely need to do what you did and change out the Daphne head — not sure why Flirty girl used the same head for both of them.

I've never been happy with the Flirty Girl sculpt as there's something a bit creepy about it.

Always been on the lookout for something better for Velma, though nothing seemed to fit the bill. Then yesterday I wondered if the answer had been staring at me for the past few weeks.

This is the unpainted second Hasbro Qi'ra sculpt with Hot Toys' Jim Gordon glasses, which slide under the hair on either side:

Dog - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 100_9710

The hairstyle is similar to Scooby Apocalypse Velma, albeit pushed behind one ear, and the stock colour is already chestnut brown. The sculpt is also more youthful and chubbier than Flirty Girl's.

Dog - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 Scooby01

Dog - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 49586276983_5d224d472d_z

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice adaptation, Asta. I have two heads coming to swap out for both Daphne and Velma, and I received my Great Dane a week ago — I tried to get the Brindle one, but the eBay seller told me it was sold out — so I ended up getting the Fawn — though in hand it seems a bit darker than the prototype pics, which is fine. Now I need to paint his collar and figure out how to make a tag like you did.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Dog - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 C8485110

Skippy

Which heads did you go for?

The DAM IDF girl sculpt I used was something I already had, and the closest thing to quickly dispense with the Flirty Girl. I've been looking for a better alternative.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I don’t know if either of mine are better, but I chose these two (at this point, anything is better than the fugly ones Flirty Girl went with):

Dog - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 E3c6ad10
Dog - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 0bffaf10

Dog - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Aha, makes sense now! ;D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:I don’t know if either of mine are better, but I chose these two (at this point, anything is better than the fugly ones Flirty Girl went with)

You're right. Anything is better.

I stuck Daphne under a gladiator helmet as a Celtic gladiatrix so I don't have to see her!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nicely done, Asta!

Skippy

GubernatorFan wrote:Very nicely done, Asta!

Thanks!

I'm a lot happier with her now, even before considering whether or not to paint this head.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, in between painting the inside of the house, I finally managed to put together Daphne, Velma, and Scooby. I’ll post pics tomorrow if I get a chance. (Now I feel like I need to bash Fred & Shaggy.)

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Looking forward to seeing them! Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Finally able to take some quick pics. The first two are with my cellphone, the other two are using natural light. I changed Daphne's head again, from the one I had bought originally (didn't like how it ultimately looked for her character) -- I think the new one is supposed to be based on Angelina Jolie. (I really want to make Fred & Shaggy now, but no idea where I would even find head sculpts acceptable for either.) The tag was a pain in the butt, and my vision is really bad right now (I'm in dire need of an eye exam and new glasses), so it's not as good as Asta's (made out of a thin piece of hand-painted cardboard).

The original head I bought for Daphne (before Scoob's collar was done):

Dog - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 Img_8220

Updated and finished, for now (still need to get Velma a magnifying glass, and maybe some proper shoes. Everything on both except the heads are what came with the Flirty Girl sets).

Dog - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 Img_8310
Dog - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 _dsc3261
Dog - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 _dsc3262

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They look excellent! Nice to have three leading characters from the same franchise recreated together like that. I agree, getting the rest of the gang together would be great, but it's difficult to think of particular head sculpts that would be suitable for either. By the way, the tag looks perfectly fine, and the outfits are nicely recreated and convincing.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
They all look great together! I can understand why you changed the sculpt -- I do like the first hs you used, but imo it looks perhaps a bit odd with red hair, and better suited for the brunette hairstyles it came with. Their outfits are superb, and wow I love their shoes!!! :O

Don't worry about the tag... unless one were to enlarge or zoom in very far onto your photos, the fact that it's cardboard is not even noticeable.

I'd have to really think about what heads to use for the others, too. But even just the three of them look wonderful as they are.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Dog - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 Sub-buzz-617-1562093794-1

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:They look excellent! Nice to have three leading characters from the same franchise recreated together like that. I agree, getting the rest of the gang together would be great, but it's difficult to think of particular head sculpts that would be suitable for either. By the way, the tag looks perfectly fine, and the outfits are nicely recreated and convincing.

skywalkersaga wrote:They all look great together! I can understand why you changed the sculpt -- I do like the first hs you used, but imo it looks perhaps a bit odd with red hair, and better suited for the brunette hairstyles it came with. Their outfits are superb, and wow I love their shoes!!! :O

Don't worry about the tag... unless one were to enlarge or zoom in very far onto your photos, the fact that it's cardboard is not even noticeable.

I'd have to really think about what heads to use for the others, too. But even just the three of them look wonderful as they are.

Thanks. Very Happy

FreakinLobster wrote:Dog - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 Sub-buzz-617-1562093794-1

Ha! Maybe Shaggy isn't that fast, maybe Scooby is that slow (he does run rather awkwardly). Wink

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, I’ve Ben looking over some sculpts to bash/customizes to use for Fred and Shaggy. These are the ones I’m looking at for Fred:

Dog - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 1364ba10
Dog - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 D65b6810

And these are the ones I was thinking for Shaggy:

Dog - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 D95aa510
Dog - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 907e2910

I only want to use one for each, I’m just not sure which one. Suggestions would be appreciated.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm very far from being an expert on these guys, and I realize you may be going for a specific style that I might not be familiar with. That said, I think the first one (which was maybe supposed to be Chris Pine) with a hair dye might work best for Fred. For Shaggy the last one is overly specific as an expression, so I'd go with the penultimate one with glued-on hair.

Skippy

I've thought about sculpts, and looked through retailers' lists, but am still stumped.

Throughout the cartoons and comics I think Fred has had a fairly standard look: fresh-faced, blond teen.

Shaggy has been depicted with more variety, and at some point he began growing a proper beard.

He's quite different in the Scooby Apocalypse comic, and was shown with anything from a goatee to a full beard:

Dog - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 91KhTIBYNbL

Dog - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 91XBiF%2BUGhL

He looked a little too 'preened' rather than 'shaggy', and reminded me more of comic book Oliver Queen.

I prefer the Matthew Lillard look.

Dog - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 1497599794-scooby-doo.jpg?crop=0.728xw:1.00xh;0

After a quick search on OSK just now saw this Quicksilver sculpt which might work with a hair repaint:

Dog - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 IMG_1722

Yet, it doesn't evoke his character in the way those Facepool sculpts do.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I thought of that KO Quicksilver, as well — but as you say, it seems a bit intense. I thought Mathew Lollards captured the essence of Shaggy perfectly (better than any of the others in those movies), but finding the appropriate head has been... challenging, to say the least.

I too prefer the Chris Pine head (it’s pretty spendy, however, and I was also thinking of making a Steve Majors out of that one (if I can find the appropriate clothing for him to have him next to Wonder Woman).

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:I thought of that KO Quicksilver, as well — but as you say, it seems a bit intense. I thought Mathew Lollards captured the essence of Shaggy perfectly (better than any of the others in those movies), but finding the appropriate head has been... challenging, to say the least.

I too prefer the Chris Pine head (it’s pretty spendy, however, and I was also thinking of making a Steve Majors out of that one (if I can find the appropriate clothing for him to have him next to Wonder Woman).

This could work for Fred if the hair was repainted, as it has a quirky expression:

Dog - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 IMG_3410

Dog - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 IMG_3411

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=86_97&product_id=885

I wouldn't mind making a Fred and Shaggy to complete the team, but the postage situation at the moment is a great barrier.

Are you sorted for the outfits? I know there was a set made under the Barbie brand, but they seem expensive just to get for the clothes.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
No, I don't have the clothes for either of them. (I'm just trying to plan ahead -- maybe I can get AJ Clothiers to throw something together, since neither of their clothes are really all that complicated.) That's another good option for Fred. I know they sometimes make him come across as nerdy and what-not, but as a kid, I always thought of him as a 50's style jock -- at least that's how he seemed in the original Scooby cartoon (anything after that, I can pretty much live without).

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:No, I don't have the clothes for either of them. (I'm just trying to plan ahead -- maybe I can get AJ Clothiers to throw something together, since neither of their clothes are really all that complicated.) That's another good option for Fred. I know they sometimes make him come across as nerdy and what-not, but as a kid, I always thought of him as a 50's style jock -- at least that's how he seemed in the original Scooby cartoon (anything after that, I can pretty much live without).

It's one of those projects I think about every now and then, but get dissuaded by the lack of an easy source of clothing or sculpts.

I live in hope that something might turn up they way the Flirty Girl sets did.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum