OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Well, I’ve Ben looking over some sculpts to bash/customizes to use for Fred and Shaggy. These are the ones I’m looking at for Fred:

animal - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 1364ba10
animal - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 D65b6810

And these are the ones I was thinking for Shaggy:

animal - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 D95aa510
animal - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 907e2910

I only want to use one for each, I’m just not sure which one. Suggestions would be appreciated.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I'm very far from being an expert on these guys, and I realize you may be going for a specific style that I might not be familiar with. That said, I think the first one (which was maybe supposed to be Chris Pine) with a hair dye might work best for Fred. For Shaggy the last one is overly specific as an expression, so I'd go with the penultimate one with glued-on hair.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Skippy

I've thought about sculpts, and looked through retailers' lists, but am still stumped.

Throughout the cartoons and comics I think Fred has had a fairly standard look: fresh-faced, blond teen.

Shaggy has been depicted with more variety, and at some point he began growing a proper beard.

He's quite different in the Scooby Apocalypse comic, and was shown with anything from a goatee to a full beard:

animal - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 91KhTIBYNbL

animal - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 91XBiF%2BUGhL

He looked a little too 'preened' rather than 'shaggy', and reminded me more of comic book Oliver Queen.

I prefer the Matthew Lillard look.

animal - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 1497599794-scooby-doo.jpg?crop=0.728xw:1.00xh;0

After a quick search on OSK just now saw this Quicksilver sculpt which might work with a hair repaint:

animal - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 IMG_1722

Yet, it doesn't evoke his character in the way those Facepool sculpts do.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
I thought of that KO Quicksilver, as well — but as you say, it seems a bit intense. I thought Mathew Lollards captured the essence of Shaggy perfectly (better than any of the others in those movies), but finding the appropriate head has been... challenging, to say the least.

I too prefer the Chris Pine head (it’s pretty spendy, however, and I was also thinking of making a Steve Majors out of that one (if I can find the appropriate clothing for him to have him next to Wonder Woman).

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:I thought of that KO Quicksilver, as well — but as you say, it seems a bit intense. I thought Mathew Lollards captured the essence of Shaggy perfectly (better than any of the others in those movies), but finding the appropriate head has been... challenging, to say the least.

I too prefer the Chris Pine head (it’s pretty spendy, however, and I was also thinking of making a Steve Majors out of that one (if I can find the appropriate clothing for him to have him next to Wonder Woman).

This could work for Fred if the hair was repainted, as it has a quirky expression:

animal - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 IMG_3410

animal - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 IMG_3411

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=86_97&product_id=885

I wouldn't mind making a Fred and Shaggy to complete the team, but the postage situation at the moment is a great barrier.

Are you sorted for the outfits? I know there was a set made under the Barbie brand, but they seem expensive just to get for the clothes.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
No, I don't have the clothes for either of them. (I'm just trying to plan ahead -- maybe I can get AJ Clothiers to throw something together, since neither of their clothes are really all that complicated.) That's another good option for Fred. I know they sometimes make him come across as nerdy and what-not, but as a kid, I always thought of him as a 50's style jock -- at least that's how he seemed in the original Scooby cartoon (anything after that, I can pretty much live without).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

animal - NEW PRODUCT: Mr.Z: simulation animal 37th-1/6 ratio German Great Dane German Great Dane - full set of 6 colors - Page 3 C8485110

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:No, I don't have the clothes for either of them. (I'm just trying to plan ahead -- maybe I can get AJ Clothiers to throw something together, since neither of their clothes are really all that complicated.) That's another good option for Fred. I know they sometimes make him come across as nerdy and what-not, but as a kid, I always thought of him as a 50's style jock -- at least that's how he seemed in the original Scooby cartoon (anything after that, I can pretty much live without).

It's one of those projects I think about every now and then, but get dissuaded by the lack of an easy source of clothing or sculpts.

I live in hope that something might turn up they way the Flirty Girl sets did.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum