OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Harry Potter Griphook review

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Harry Potter Griphook review Empty Harry Potter Griphook review Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:38 pm

michael crawford

I still haven't seen much in the way of sixth scale shipments, but a couple new figures did hit the porch late last week. Tonight I'm checking out one of them, the Star Ace Harry Potter Griphook! He's a terrific release, although I did find one surprise that hurt him a bit. You can find my review here:

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-062419a.htm

or you can find it with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

Harry Potter Griphook review Review_griphook_6

2Harry Potter Griphook review Empty Re: Harry Potter Griphook review Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:31 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for the detailed and beautifully illustrated review (as always), Michael. In most ways this is a very impressive figure, and the head sculpt seems to redeem Star Ace which has been quite dubious in that department as of late (in another thread someone actually called them Star Disgrace). But the lack of hip and knee articulation for a figure in this scale (even if a diminutive one) makes me unhappy in principle -- if I got him I would feel cheated; articulation makes action figures what they are and if I wanted a statue I would buy one. As it happens I don't care -- although this is a beautifully sculpted and attired set I am just not into Harry Potter and Co, and I was actually very surprised (and impressed) with myself when reading the name on the thread link conjured up the image of precisely this character. I suppose if I were a diehard Harry Potter fan I would go for this (or the alternative version) and try to transplant everything onto one of the small "teenage" or even Yoda bodies for a fully-functional custom. But I've veered off topic, and am still grateful for the detailed review. I'm sure others will be too.

3Harry Potter Griphook review Empty Re: Harry Potter Griphook review Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:03 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
This looks pretty good considering it is from Star Ace. Agreed that it shouldn't be called an action figure if the limbs can't be properly articulated.

4Harry Potter Griphook review Empty Re: Harry Potter Griphook review Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:18 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
When this was first announced I was tempted to get it, but decided to wait for in-hand reviews; like has already been mentioned, due to the lack of articulation I’m glad I passed.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Harry Potter Griphook review C8485110

5Harry Potter Griphook review Empty Re: Harry Potter Griphook review Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:59 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thanks for showing, Michael. Like him, but sword and shoes are a little bit to plastic. The Headsculpt is fine !

6Harry Potter Griphook review Empty Re: Harry Potter Griphook review Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:04 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The headsculpt and hands would probably make a really awesome character in your fantasy world, Ephiane!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

7Harry Potter Griphook review Empty Re: Harry Potter Griphook review Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:08 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I was thinking of using him as a Munchkin in my Wizard of Oz interpretation collection, but I POd a season 8 Tyrion Lannister instead. But a Halfling, or a goblin, in Ephi's world would be cool to see -- too bad about the lack of poseability -- though I feel certain Ephi could probably figure something out with joints.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Harry Potter Griphook review C8485110

8Harry Potter Griphook review Empty Re: Harry Potter Griphook review Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:14 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, there are a lot of interesting possibilities for this guy... or at least, heavily kitbashed versions of him. Wink

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum