OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anyone still interesting to discuss about "Terminator" Figures?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
I am currently re-falling in love with Terminator series since Dark Fate trailer came out..a lot of nice memories recall(scare (censored) actually) since I was a child.. What a Face ..and I am starting to collecting the 3 most Famous Terminators!!! T-800 (arnold schwarzenegger) of course, T-1000 (Robert Patrick) and TX (Kristanna Loken).....while the mother and son (Connor family) I don't really like the HT version...so far not planning to get Connors...may be Rev9 will coming out though I will get that as well.....

Anyone still interesting to discuss about "Terminator" Figures? Termin10

Anyone still interesting to discuss about "Terminator" Figures? Hot_to10

Anyone still interesting to discuss about "Terminator" Figures? T-x10

Rmind myself

PS: I will keep posting my Terminator series in this thread from time to time....hope I could finish my collection within this year!!!
PS: I will keep posting my Terminator series in this thread from time to time....hope I could finish my collection within this year!!!

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
I already order HT T-1000 model as it now get harder to buy compared to Arnold and Loken....before the thing arrive to my house, I just can't wait to see some reviews about this gems...although it was came out nearly 10 years, and nearly 30 years from the film!!!!!!! Suspect cyclops but please let me see some of you guys still love this XDD Laughing

Anyone still interesting to discuss about "Terminator" Figures? Img_2910

Anyone still interesting to discuss about "Terminator" Figures? Maxres10

Anyone still interesting to discuss about "Terminator" Figures? Review11

lawlaw91

lawlaw91

Anyone still interesting to discuss about "Terminator" Figures? Pd134110

HT nailed most of the figures on market and I always admire their works, but the things I don't like HT Sarah Connors is the headculpts looks wide and hard wrinkles on her face....She was not that old in T2 (IMO of course Laughing )....So the same problem happened on T-1000 too, in terms of his shape when I check out those review...HT headsculpt got a wide jaw, small eyes and stiff lips.....Well I can say some angle really looks good but overall I might need to do something to make it really Robert...so I bet I should try to test out Photoshop as I already ordered it....

I downloaded some photos from this review and tried to retouch 2 photos to make it more Robert, .....how you guys think? cyclops  

Anyone still interesting to discuss about "Terminator" Figures? Review12

Anyone still interesting to discuss about "Terminator" Figures? Review14

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
Anyone still interesting to discuss about "Terminator" Figures? Review15

Anyone still interesting to discuss about "Terminator" Figures? Review16

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
It’s honestly been a long time since I watched any of the Terminator movies, but I do remember enjoying the hell out of them when they first came out on VHS and later DVD — the problem I always had with movies I liked when I was younger — I watched them over and over until I got bored. That’s not to say that I don’t like The Terminator movies, but I really must say I only own the first three — the rest I thought kind of sucked. Even the third one wasn’t all that great — but as a guy, I have to admit, I only have that movie because Kristanna Loken was smoking hot.

As far as figures, unfortunately most of the HT ones are outdated and not even on the same level as the work they’re doing today. Granted I haven’t seen the Robert Patrick in hand, and I only have an original Arnold Terminator head sculpt from Hot Toys to base my opinion on. I have a Kristanna Terminator from a bootleg company, with a completely different head than the one it came with — overall, aside from the upgraded head sculpt, it’s a pretty disappointing figure (the body is way too skinny, with virtually no shape and super narrow shoulders — making her look like a child — and the outfit is too small, being that skin-tight pleather, to be swapped out to a new body). The swap out arm from “human” to robotic is about the coolest feature of that figure.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Anyone still interesting to discuss about "Terminator" Figures? C8485110

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
T2 is a masterpiece.

Do you collect 6" stuff at all? NECA is doing an amazing looking John Connor.
Anyone still interesting to discuss about "Terminator" Figures? Neca2019_1

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The HT T-800s and T1000 are both excellent figures, and they are among the first 1/6-scale figures I ever got -- in fact, one of the T-800s is what hooked me on 1/6-scale collecting. I also didn't go for Sara Connor, because I didn't see enough resemblance to the actress in the sculpt. And I didn't pick up any additional T-800s because I couldn't quite justify to myself getting more variants of the same character and already had what I considered the most iconic look. I did pick up a loose Kristana Loken head, but haven'd done much with it.

Stryker, did you see her in BloodRayne with Matt Davis? Smile

PickleMunkey, that 1/12-scale NECA John Connor looks great.

Here are some of mine:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t30-terminator-2-figures-and-gear

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Unfortunately, I cannot advise on the HT Terminator figures as I have no experience with them. But I am curious as my husband is a huge Terminator fan and I'm always keen to see what kinds of goodies I could potentially get him as gifts... :')

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
Stryker2011 wrote:It’s honestly been a long time since I watched any of the Terminator movies, but I do remember enjoying the hell out of them when they first came out on VHS and later DVD — the problem I always had with movies I liked when I was younger — I watched them over and over until I got bored. That’s not to say that I don’t like The Terminator movies, but I really must say I only own the first three — the rest I thought kind of sucked. Even the third one wasn’t all that great — but as a guy, I have to admit, I only have that movie because Kristanna Loken was smoking hot.

As far as figures, unfortunately most of the HT ones are outdated and not even on the same level as the work they’re doing today. Granted I haven’t seen the Robert Patrick in hand, and I only have an original Arnold Terminator head sculpt from Hot Toys to base my opinion on. I have a Kristanna Terminator from a bootleg company, with a completely different head than the one it came with — overall, aside from the upgraded head sculpt, it’s a pretty disappointing figure (the body is way too skinny, with virtually no shape and super narrow shoulders — making her look like a child — and the outfit is too small, being that skin-tight pleather, to be swapped out to a new body). The swap out arm from “human” to robotic is about the coolest feature of that figure.

I had see Enterbay offers 1/4 scales of them and they looks truly awesome...but then I started to consider if I would go in to 1/4 world yet....That is so true that Kristanna Loken headsculpt is still only a few choices and not really matched the actor though......I am still waiting for a better head comes out.....

------------------------------------------------------

PickleMunkey wrote:T2 is a masterpiece.

Do you collect 6" stuff at all? NECA is doing an amazing looking John Connor.
Anyone still interesting to discuss about "Terminator" Figures? Neca2019_1

Yeah Neca did some great jobs in Terminator franchise too....I think I should consider to collect 6" as well.....
-----------------------------------------------

GubernatorFan wrote:The HT T-800s and T1000 are both excellent figures, and they are among the first 1/6-scale figures I ever got -- in fact, one of the T-800s is what hooked me on 1/6-scale collecting. I also didn't go for Sara Connor, because I didn't enough resemblance to the actress in the sculpt. And I didn't pick up any additional T-800s because I couldn't quite justify to myself getting more variants of the same character and already had what I considered the most iconic look. I did pick up a loose Kristana Loken head, but haven'd done much with it.

Stryker, did you see her in BloodRayne with Matt Davis? Smile

PickleMunkey, that 1/12-scale NECA John Connor looks great.

Here are some of mine:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t30-terminator-2-figures-and-gear

Tbh I had some illness to choosing the Arnold as they are so many different brands and HT themself......Kristanna Loken is my next target if I still don't decide which Arnold I should get....

---------------------------------------

skywalkersaga wrote:Unfortunately, I cannot advise on the HT Terminator figures as I have no experience with them. But I am curious as my husband is a huge Terminator fan and I'm always keen to see what kinds of goodies I could potentially get him as gifts... :')

For a huge fan of Terminator, get him this!!!! I sure he will really bouncing with this...Nothing simple and better!! bounce What a Face

Anyone still interesting to discuss about "Terminator" Figures? Endosk10

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the recommendation, that is indeed pretty cool!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

blackpool

blackpool
Of course I love terminators! As much as thirty years ago (Feeeling really old saying that lol)

I only got the HT T800 (the version with the endoskeleton arm and roses box) but he is still one of my very fav! (I had to swap his belt though, the pleather peeled away quite crazy, and only on that part...)

Anyone still interesting to discuss about "Terminator" Figures? Terminator_01

Anyone still interesting to discuss about "Terminator" Figures? Terminator_02

Anyone still interesting to discuss about "Terminator" Figures? Terminator_03

Anyone still interesting to discuss about "Terminator" Figures? Terminator_04

Anyone still interesting to discuss about "Terminator" Figures? IMG_1438

Anyone still interesting to discuss about "Terminator" Figures? IMG_1439

Anyone still interesting to discuss about "Terminator" Figures? IMG_1440

Anyone still interesting to discuss about "Terminator" Figures? IMG_1441

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That's the one that hooked me on 1/6-scale collecting. Obviously I have my own, but love seeing yours, Blackpool.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Stryker, did you see her in BloodRayne with Matt Davis? Smile

Of course! It's not a great movie by any stretch, but my God -- (dog whistle)! It's not even a movie I can watch all the time -- mostly due to the gratuitous gore and violence (I hate that crap) -- but when the mood strikes me, I'll pull it out of the collection (yes, I'm ashamed to admit I own the DVD). Kristanna was a good action star for awhile there, and her Painkiller Jane series wasn't too too bad -- though it deviated too much from the comic (much like the godawful Witchblade TV series), but she must have had either a bad agent, or just made bad choices -- as she's almost a non-entity now. Too bad, she could have been on a level with Mila Javovich -- who is still B level, but it's better than D level -- if she had just been in the right properties.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Anyone still interesting to discuss about "Terminator" Figures? C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum