OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do you pronounce "PHICEN"?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Empty How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:25 am

brassco

brassco
I pronounced it as "fi-cen" ?

2How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Empty Re: How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:29 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nowadays it is pronounced Tee-Bee-League Smile
As for Phicen, if the spelling is meant for English, you would be right. If it is a Romanization of something in Chinese (though ph is not usually used for those), who knows? I have heard other pronunciations (and seen other spellings), which I have assumed to be wrong.

3How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Empty Re: How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:01 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
I think a better question is what does the TB stand for in TBLeague? Toy Body League? ???

4How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Empty Re: How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:12 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
Tubercolosis

5How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Empty Re: How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:14 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:Tubercolosis

How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Giphy

He who dies with the most toys wins!

How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? C8485110

6How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Empty Re: How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:48 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
Thank you. I'm here all night.

7How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Empty Re: How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:33 pm

MerylAkiba

I think it was Originally Tiger Brother International Technology CO. I'm trying to remember the other pronunciation. I saw a guy doing a you tube video and pronounced Phicen as "Peach-N"

I use TBL or just refer to it as 'Phi-Sin' akin to Greek alphabet Phi.

8How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Empty Re: How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:36 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
MerylAkiba wrote:I use TBL or just refer to it as 'Phi-Sin' akin to Greek alphabet Phi.

That's close to how I always said it: "Phi-zin", but I'm betting Brassco has it right.

9How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Empty Re: How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:20 am

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
I've always sid "Fi-Kin". But I' pretty sure that is wrong. Lately I've been saying "Fi-sin".
Regardless what I call them, I sure so purchase a ton on them.

I just put one together using the Hot Toys Toby M. Spider-man. Let me know if you all want to see what I've dome so far?

10How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Empty Re: How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:23 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
actionfiguremovies2 wrote:I just put one together using the Hot Toys Toby M. Spider-man. Let me know if you all want to see what I've done so far?

But of course, why would you even ask?

11How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Empty Re: How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:02 am

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
Hong Kong do speak it as Fi-Sen, or "Physon" if it is easier for you....I think it is same with English words

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

12How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Empty Re: How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:29 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
AlKelAstra91 wrote:I think a better question is what does the TB stand for in TBLeague? Toy Body League? ???

Before they used Phicen as a brand, they were a company called Tiger Brothers — I’m assuming they’re using that as part of their name.

13How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Empty Re: How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:04 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
It's spelled "Fi-sen" but it's pronounced "Throatwobbler-Mangrove." (Old Monty Python joke)

14How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Empty Re: How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:36 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I know it's supposed to be pronounced 'Fi-sin', but I just can't bring myself to pronounce it that way. When I first saw the term, I pronounced it 'FI -kin in my head, and it's stuck ever since. Not that I ever speak the word out-loud anyway, but when I hear people call it 'Fi-sin' on youtube reviews, I still find that strange, even though they are correct. Razz

15How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Empty Re: How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:20 am

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
skywalkersaga wrote:I know it's supposed to be pronounced 'Fi-sin', but I just can't bring myself to pronounce it that way. When I first saw the term, I pronounced it 'FI -kin in my head, and it's stuck ever since. Not that I ever speak the word out-loud anyway, but when I hear people call it 'Fi-sin' on youtube reviews, I still find that strange, even though they are correct. Razz

Maybe easier if you think it of like Find-son Laughing Laughing

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

16How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Empty Re: How do you pronounce "PHICEN"? Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:11 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hehe, that's a good way to remember it, lawlaw. Smile  

Though my problem is not that I forget how it's really pronounced, just that I happen to prefer my own pronunciation. Razz

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum