OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

HelloBirdie

I'm struggling to post pics. Can anyone help me out please?

Moonbase Alpha Male

HelloBirdie wrote:Thanks for the tip Moonbase. I may get it for the sandals and the weapons. They would probably look better with some weathering and paint work. Smile

The sandals would probably be small, while the weapons to my eye are not sufficiently distinctive that you wouldn't be better off with something not made specifically for Endor Leia, but more sophisticated. I thought it was worth mentioning just for interest, nevertheless. The real gems of that series are Chewbacca (slightly cartoonish face, but you cant' beat an impressive faux-fur tall figure at cheap retail price) and Sabine Wren (no other version exists; and the helmet masks her doll face, so she is generally usable though a bit skinny).

HelloBirdie

Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
HelloBirdie wrote:Thanks for the tip Moonbase. I may get it for the sandals and the weapons. They would probably look better with some weathering and paint work. Smile

The sandals would probably be small, while the weapons to my eye are not sufficiently distinctive that you wouldn't be better off with something not made specifically for Endor Leia, but more sophisticated.  I thought it was worth mentioning just for interest, nevertheless.  The real gems of that series are Chewbacca (slightly cartoonish face, but you cant' beat an impressive faux-fur tall figure at cheap retail price) and Sabine Wren (no other version exists; and the helmet masks her doll face, so she is generally usable though a bit skinny).

I took another look at it and I think you're right. I'll stick to making my own props I think. Smile

Moonbase Alpha Male

HelloBirdie wrote:I'm struggling to post pics. Can anyone help me out please?

I am surprised there's nothing in the FAQs -- probably there is a guide posted somewhere and someone will point it out.  The shortest simplest way is that one of the blessings of Forumotion is native picture hosting, and you do that by going to the Host an Image icon below, identify a pic on yor computer and Insert All. Shows up in your post easy peasy. Hotlinkings to pics stored elsewhere is a more complex issue and someone else would have to explain it. I got frustrated enough with Photobucket etc that I gave up on posting any pics at OSW altogether so I appreciate the direct system here.

returnofthejedi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 Host10

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
HelloBirdie wrote:I'm struggling to post pics. Can anyone help me out please?

I am surprised there's nothing in the FAQs -- probably there is a guide posted somewhere and someone will point it out.  The shortest simplest way is that one of the blessings of Forumotion is native picture hosting, and you do that by going to the Host an Image icon below, identify a pic on yor computer and Insert All.  Shows up in your post easy peasy.  Hotlinkings to pics stored elsewhere is a more complex issue and someone else would have to explain it.  I got frustrated enough with Photobucket etc that I gave up on posting any pics at OSW altogether so I appreciate the direct system here.

returnofthejedi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 Host10

Thanks very much! Smile

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
Okay let's give this picture thing a go...

Here are the pieces I've completed for my Princess Lei and Wicket diorama. The fences (which I think will be a good size for Wicket) are Schleich pieces which I repainted. The Ewok drum I made from foamboard, cardstock, Fabric and paint. I hope they will look good enough next to my figures. I've never made miniatures for HT's before.

returnofthejedi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 20201211

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The drum and the fence look very promising and I think they will work great with the figures. Also, may I say this is a far more appropriate object to use for a drum than my helmet. Smile

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
GubernatorFan wrote:The drum and the fence look very promising and I think they will work great with the figures. Also, may I say this is a far more appropriate object to use for a drum than my helmet. Smile

Thank you, that's very kind. And, yes, don't worry, Wicket will not be stealing your helmet. Lol! Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
HelloBirdie wrote:Thank you, that's very kind. And, yes, don't worry, Wicket will not be stealing your helmet. Lol! Very Happy

You're welcome. And I appreciate that! I mean, otherwise, he might end up like this:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3178-star-wars-a-silver-linings-story-original-trilogy-updated-with-extra-photos#47348

Smile

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
GubernatorFan wrote:
HelloBirdie wrote:Thank you, that's very kind. And, yes, don't worry, Wicket will not be stealing your helmet. Lol! Very Happy

You're welcome. And I appreciate that! I mean, otherwise, he might end up like this:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3178-star-wars-a-silver-linings-story-original-trilogy-updated-with-extra-photos#47348

Smile

Hahahahaha, that was brilliant!!! Very Happy

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
Okay, as promised here is a pic of my diorama. This base is 1/4 inch MDF, with styrofoam to build up the terrain. Then I filled in the middle with a wall spackle and sand mix. A bit boring, but the fun stuff will begin tomorrow when I start painting and adding moss and plants.

returnofthejedi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 Dioram11

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks like a good start. And with the extra details (the drum, fencing, etc.) should look pretty cool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

returnofthejedi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 C8485110

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
Stryker2011 wrote:Looks like a good start. And with the extra details (the drum, fencing, etc.) should look pretty cool.

Thanks! Smile

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
Progress on the diorama. returnofthejedi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 Unname10
returnofthejedi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 Unname12
returnofthejedi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 Unname11

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It's looking great. I hope you don't develop an allergy to this moss -- I did, to my great surprise. Never again. Smile

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
Thanks. Sorry about your moss allergy.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
HelloBirdie wrote:Thanks. Sorry about your moss allergy.

It was an odd thing to happen, I'm pretty much not allergic to anything, but that made me physically sick. It was when I was setting up the backdrops for this review:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2118-star-wars-return-of-the-jedi-stormtrooper-by-hot-toys-review-updated-with-part-ii-deluxe

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
Oh, that's awful. I'm really sorry you had to go through that.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It's ok, just sharing in case someone else develops an unexpected reaction.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
HelloBirdie wrote:Progress on the diorama. returnofthejedi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 Unname10
returnofthejedi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 Unname12
returnofthejedi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 Unname11

Really coming along nicely. Looks awesome! Very Happy

returnofthejedi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 C8485110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Regarding your allergic reaction, Ian — maybe it’s the mold aspect of the moss that caused it...

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
Thanks so much Mark Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Regarding your allergic reaction, Ian — maybe it’s the mold aspect of the moss that caused it...

Quite possibly. I'm pretty sure it was spores or whatever you call them, getting in the air.

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
Finished the ewok campfire. There's a flickering battery powered tealight underneath which can be lifted out.returnofthejedi - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI PRINCESS LEIA 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 20201212

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It looks very good. And smart idea about the flickering light.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Pretty cool. Like the cotton smoke effect, as well.

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
Thank you both Stryker and GubernatorFan. Smile

csyeung

csyeung
Diorama looks great so far!

HelloBirdie

HelloBirdie
csyeung wrote:Diorama looks great so far!

Thanks!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum