OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE VI: RETURN OF THE JEDI™ C-3PO™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ukshaun

ukshaun
C-3PO™ longs for more peaceful times, but his knowledge of more than seven million forms of communication — keeps the worry-prone droid in the frontlines of galactic conflict. Programmed for etiquette and protocol, C-3PO was built by a young Anakin Skywalker™, and has been a constant companion to astromech R2-D2™. Over the years, he was involved in some of the galaxy’s most defining moments and thrilling battles.

To celebrate the 40th anniversary of Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi™, Hot Toys is thrilled to introduce a series of collectibles based on this iconic film for fans!

The 1/6th scale C-3PO collectible figure is made with diecast metal material and features detailed mechanical design, skillfully applied metallic paint applications, LED light-up eyes, an interchangeable damaged face, specially designed figure base, and Jabba the Hutt™’s noxious pet Salacious Crumb™.

Celebrate the 40th anniversary of Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi with the classic C-3PO collectible figure in your collection today!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEMMS701D56
PRODUCT NAMEC-3PO™
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 29 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS26
SPECIAL FEATURESMECHANICAL HEAD WITH LED LIGHT-UP FUNCTION; BEAUTIFUL RECREATION OF GOLD CHROME PLATED ARMORS, SILVER RIGHT LEG, AND THE SKILLFULLY APPLIED WEATHERING EFFECTS
PRODUCT RELEASE DATEAPPROXIMATELY Q2 – Q3, 2024
ARTISTS
The 1/6th scale C-3PO™ Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of C-3PO in Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
- One (1) mechanical head with LED light-up function (yellow light, battery operated)
- One (1) interchangeable faceplate with damaged right eye
- Beautiful recreation of gold chrome plated armors, silver right leg, and the skillfully applied weathering effects
- Approximately 29cm tall
- Body with over 26 points of articulations
- Highly detailed mechanical body design
- New highly detailed torso design with real-like wires
- Contains diecast material
- Six (6) pieces of mechanical interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- Four (4) gesture hands
- Special package design with Star Wars: Return of the Jedi 40th Anniversary logo

Accessories:
- One (1) Salacious Crumb
- One (1) cushion
- One (1) Jabba’s palace themed graphic card
- Specially designed themed figure stand with Star Wars logo and character nameplate

Release date: Approximately Q2 – Q3, 2024

*Prototype shown is not final, pending licensor approval.
**Battery included for collectible figure, button cells are required
***Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
© 2023 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE VI: RETURN OF THE JEDI™ C-3PO™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 112
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE VI: RETURN OF THE JEDI™ C-3PO™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 212
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE VI: RETURN OF THE JEDI™ C-3PO™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 312
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE VI: RETURN OF THE JEDI™ C-3PO™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 412
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE VI: RETURN OF THE JEDI™ C-3PO™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 512
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE VI: RETURN OF THE JEDI™ C-3PO™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 612
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE VI: RETURN OF THE JEDI™ C-3PO™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 712
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE VI: RETURN OF THE JEDI™ C-3PO™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 812
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE VI: RETURN OF THE JEDI™ C-3PO™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 912
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE VI: RETURN OF THE JEDI™ C-3PO™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1012
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE VI: RETURN OF THE JEDI™ C-3PO™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1112
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE VI: RETURN OF THE JEDI™ C-3PO™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1212
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE VI: RETURN OF THE JEDI™ C-3PO™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1312
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE VI: RETURN OF THE JEDI™ C-3PO™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1412
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE VI: RETURN OF THE JEDI™ C-3PO™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1512
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE VI: RETURN OF THE JEDI™ C-3PO™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1612
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE VI: RETURN OF THE JEDI™ C-3PO™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1712
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE VI: RETURN OF THE JEDI™ C-3PO™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1812

#newproduct #HotToys #StarWars #ReturnoftheJedi #C-3PO #Droid #movie #Sci-Fi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Is it just me or is there something off with the face. Like he looks "younger" or something? I know, I know... Salacious Crumb has me tempted, especially as the arms, at least, look articulated. 26 points of articulation sounds promising, but I wouldn't be against them counting every single finger joint. 3PO figures have problems with movement in the hips, and the photos included do nothing to dispel that expectation. Otherwise very cool.

ukshaun

ukshaun
GubernatorFan wrote:Is it just me or is there something off with the face. Like he looks "younger" or something? I know, I know... Salacious Crumb has me tempted, especially as the arms, at least, look articulated. 26 points of articulation sounds promising, but I wouldn't be against them counting every single finger joint. 3PO figures have problems with movement in the hips, and the photos included do nothing to dispel that expectation. Otherwise very cool.

I do not know..
I like to think the bod's at Hot Toys got it right.
Is the head too small? is the neck too thin? is the stomach area too big, as there seems to be many wires on show, more than i recall.

I have wanted a C-3PO for quite some time, and almost picked up the Sideshow 1/6th C-3PO - it fails to look shiny enough. Hot Toys offered a weather C-3PO some time ago, which i was not sold on.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hmm, I agree, there's something a bit weird about it, which is unfortunate as it would have been a good version to have.

I do hope they keep coming with the RotJ figures though, as RotJ is my ultimate fave and I am keen to see more HT figures from it!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

ukshaun

ukshaun
On a side-note..
Hot Toys have gone with swap-out hands, to avoid posable fingers.
The Sideshow C-3PO has movable fingers. If Sideshow managed it, why couldn't Hot Toys ?

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Because, and we have to be honest here, Hot Toys has been going the cheapest route for them for quite some time. Anything to make the highest profit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS EPISODE VI: RETURN OF THE JEDI™ C-3PO™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1f10

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2012 wrote:Because, and we have to be honest here, Hot Toys has been going the cheapest route for them for quite some time. Anything to make the highest profit.

Hot Toys appear to find it easy to have die-cast Iron Man have moveable fingers.
Could it be the gold color of C-3PO is more difficult to apply to moving parts?
Maybe you are correct, and it is all about price point? maybe the Star Wars license eats into the profit margin more than say the Marvel license?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm afraid Stryker's right. I didn't even notice the swap out hands. On the plus side, unless you break a wrist peg, swappable pre-posed hands are likely to be a sturdier solution -- fewer chances to mess them up. HT has continued to make very nice things, but sitting on its laurels, using as little creativity as possible (and reusing as much as possible), and exploring fewer things than it did before -- all this with prices that continue to rise after already being very high. The lack of unmasked head sculpts is now typical, unless it is a revisit of an earlier release. In the past, they used to be the golden standard for articulation, but between clothing choices and outright skimping on joints, that is probably no longer a given.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum