OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Any interest in sculpts from Buck Rogers the TV series?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ironman1188

ironman1188
Snyder Studios made a set of 5 that were prototypes for the short lived [and then sold off] ZICA 1/9 figures.
ZICA never got past releasing Buck and Tigerman. They also made Hawk, Kane [Henry Silva version] and a generic Draconian Guard. Snyder Studios will not sell casts of the 1:6 prototypes as they were contracted for someone else. They will, however, revisit and redo the sculpts, and hopefully expand the line, if enough interest is shown. And it wouldn't take a lot of folks to get it going. They say 5-6 definites can get it going.
I was always a fan of the series [even though they killed the series with season 2] and have many figures from it in my collection but this is a great chance for fans to get these sculpts.
As soon as I can figure out how I can add pics from my computer into a post I'll show some of the possibilities.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I might be interested in Buck, but they’d have to do Wilma/Erin Grey, as well.

Check out this thread for image posting tips, if you haven’t already:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t169-recommended-image-posting-procedures

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Any interest in sculpts from Buck Rogers the TV series? C8485110

ironman1188

ironman1188
I would think Wilma would be a must but can't speak for them.

So, images, this forum doesn't allow the uploading directly from my computer files?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ironman1188 wrote:I would think Wilma would be a must but can't speak for them.

So, images, this forum doesn't allow the uploading directly from my computer files?

You can try it, but it might direct you to open a "servimg" account -- which is pretty easy. Still use that "Host an Image" button in the above menu bar.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Or you can use images you have already uploaded elsewhere; the insert image "button" and pasting the link usually works...

If this is the same Snyder I know, he does very good work.

ironman1188

ironman1188
Any interest in sculpts from Buck Rogers the TV series? My_cus16
Any interest in sculpts from Buck Rogers the TV series? My_cus18
Any interest in sculpts from Buck Rogers the TV series? My_cus17
Any interest in sculpts from Buck Rogers the TV series? My_cus19
Any interest in sculpts from Buck Rogers the TV series? My_cus20

ironman1188

ironman1188
Any interest in sculpts from Buck Rogers the TV series? My_cus21
Any interest in sculpts from Buck Rogers the TV series? My_cus22
Any interest in sculpts from Buck Rogers the TV series? My_cus23Any interest in sculpts from Buck Rogers the TV series? My_cus24
Any interest in sculpts from Buck Rogers the TV series? Zica_b10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That's a pretty impressive collection.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That Henry Silva looks great. Nice collection of Buck and baddies. Hawk was about the only thing from the 2nd season I actually thought was cool — but like a lot of shows, they changed WAY too much for my liking. What, no Wilma or Princess Ardala?

ironman1188

ironman1188
I think the idea was to see how well they went over before delving into the female characters.
Alas, ZICA sold out their stock and molds to Diamond Select [?] and they haven't been seen since. A terrible thing for Buck Rogers fans but, as they weren't 1:6 figures I didn't cry too much.
I'll say this for ZICA, their detail on the figures was quite admirable. I think I did a fairly decent job getting the accessories, helmets, weapons and such made in 1:6. I REALLY need to break them all out again and take some more, better photos.
Unfortunately, they never went into 12" figures [though they DID tease prototype heads and images for an Action Jackson revival in both 8" AND 12"] and now seem content taking years to get out 3.75" figures, some based on the 8' and 12" originals of yesteryear.

ironman1188

ironman1188
I have heard from Tom Snyder that the Buck Rogers re sculpts are a GO!

A separate commission with another sculptor was made by someone for a Wilma so Snyder Studios won't be doing that one unless there is significant demand.
I will post more info in this thread as it becomes available.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool. Thanks for the update.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum