OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

gooboo

Also that might be the first female short haired headsculpt that I really like. I'll at least try to pick that up on ebay.

rollotomasi

Oh what a knight!
The short hair is identical to TBL Mercy Dante/ Galaxy Soldier while the face reminds me of TBL Soldier Strange.

MerylAkiba

A Dark Souls/ Soul Calibur Hilde themed Tbleague figure....you know this is the 4th time the head was used. Since this is a medieval fantasy figure based on two games, How about making the hair Blue, Purple, or Green? Splurge a little

Also, its 2020. Miss USA and Universe were WOC. Can Tbleague make a WOC? Its been 7 years. I'm a POC, I buy tbleague. Is it impossible to make female figures the same color as the male figures (Black and Sparta) and vis-a-versa (Pale and Newer-Suntan)

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 2 Giphy.gif?cid=790b76112822fe3866246292adff2afca33618a821aeb662&rid=giphy

I have a cold. I'm gonna get tucked in and go to sleep.
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 2 Giphy.gif?cid=790b76113648f1d485aef99f7fcb646a830654066ad41a8f&rid=giphy
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 2 Giphy.gif?cid=790b761120ec83ef4193219d5fa6ddb4c40401ea44ff3b81&rid=giphy

brazybear

I was definitely thinking of "Hilde" the first time I saw this, also. She'd make an awesome figure (and she doesn't have a battle skirt). I like her design better in Soul Calibur 4 than in the new one:

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 2 Latest?cb=20091219015306
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 2 3ac6b6d799c2e85f52d12c779f716d0e
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 2 Calibur4-20

Man...the more I think about that battle skirt the more it bugs me. I honestly love the look of this armored figure more than any of the other armored female figures out there except for that battle skirt. It would've been PERFECT with actual armor pieces and mesh/chain mail. Why did they have to cut corners on this one crucial part after making everything else look so perfect. I guess there's still hope that there'll be a version 2 some day...

Delanie

Delanie
I like this one but then I like fantasy style characters in a universe where magic is a common occurrence I have always wondered how things would diverge from our reality as in armour designs etc.

I have one query though with the helmet, the eye slot is positioned on her forehead ?

What gets me as always she has short hair , why can't they do this for male figures ?

Valiarde

Valiarde
Stryker2011 wrote:Yes, you get a bunch of loose parts (no body), and absolutely no clue as to how to put the damn thing together — from what I was told, video instructions, or some such, are to follow, but it sounds like there is gluing and modding of sorts to be done by each purchaser — who spent nearly $900 for this f’ing thing, and it doesn’t come already put together. To say that I will NEVER get involved in one of these types of projects again (particularly since it was started back in February of 2017), and once we were sent all the parts, many of us discovered we were missing things. I have a body (the one they said they based it on — a TBL — on the way from Giantoy (so there’s an additional $60), which it turns out we also have to make adjustments to (slicing off part of her bust) to be able to get the individual armor pieces to fit together. I’m also currently waiting on the missing parts, which were supposedly sent from the Ukraine, to arrive — but that could be another month wait. There is nothing attached to any of the individual pieces (straps, etc.) to attach all the armor together — hence the not included instructions would have been damn helpful. It’s one thing to have to attach stuff and assemble pieces on say a normal TBL figure, or military figure — as those come with the pieces designed to be assembled without having to modify or add to them — and they are generally under $200; but to spend close to $1000 only to find out, the work isn’t over, is unacceptable to me. I was basically told it would be an even longer wait, and even more expensive if we (the buyers) were crazy enough to think these would have been finished figures we were buying.

Thanks for the info that is really valuable information. I thought you get the whole figure here too...Crazy that the part come without straps even..Shocked
I don't know how many figures he sells for each project, but I guess around 20-30? MAybe he should calculate prices for whole figures and sell only these prebuild.

brazybear wrote:

Man...the more I think about that battle skirt the more it bugs me.  I honestly love the look of this armored figure more than any of the other armored female figures out there except for that battle skirt.  It would've been PERFECT with actual armor pieces and mesh/chain mail.  Why did they have to cut corners on this one crucial part after making everything else look so perfect.  I guess there's still hope that there'll be a version 2 some day...

You can modify it a bit I guess. Use trousers and remove the skirt and maybe there is another thing you could use instead. Like small metal plates. But of course you can't make it into full seamless armor.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Meryl -- of course, we are all waiting for some PoC tbleague figures. Either full boxed figures or bodies, though I'd prefer loose bodies since I don't collect the actual tbleague figures myself. New body designs are obviously welcome, too, but if some reason that was too much work for them, I don't see why they couldn't even just do the existing range of bodies in a different colour silicone??!!! I mean, they did it with the basketball player body. Why not the others?? They can make pure white , red, blue-grey figures in the same molds as the others, so no actual darker human skintones is just glaring at this point. 

And re: the skirt.... I rather like it. But then I'm looking at this figure more from a fashion perspective, since it's already not fully 'realistic', if that makes sense.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:And re: the skirt.... I rather like it. But then I'm looking at this figure more from a fashion perspective, since it's already not fully 'realistic', if that makes sense.
I really like the skirt, too. Appeals to my Sailor Moon love. Smile

desertdragon

desertdragon
[Me at start of 2020] "I'm going to lay off of getting so many TBL figures this year"

[Sees Imperial Guardian] "After this, I'm going to lay off of getting so many TBL figures this year" :p

Seriously, she looks fantastic - day one p/o for me... Pictures at 11...

desertdragon

desertdragon
...and I thought I recognized that face from somewhere :p

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 2 Galaxy10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I thought of that one too. Awesome photo, by the way.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Nicely-executed, but as usual I have little use for armour, more authentic or not. Plenty of tempting loose parts, though.

Personally I like the skirt and top combo on their own terms, just not as a credible part of any kind of battle armour. Smile

Nice head sculpt - same hairstyle yes, but isn't the Galaxy Soldier version slightly more Asian in appearance? *

And yeah, I think most of us are drumming our fingers impatiently waiting for some WOC figures from TBL.

* EDIT: No, I stand corrected - the promo shots on Phicen's site of Galaxy Soldier's head sculpt look almost identical to this one.

I'm also seeing some hints of Arhian Pirate in the facial features of this one though, the more I look.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Found some bigger pics, and extra ones, to put in the original post. Yep, definitely the Galaxy Soldier head sculpt.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 2 C8485110

MerylAkiba

I wonder if the sword would come with a future updated release, ie: Captain guardian, SDCC imperial, akin to Vampirella?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Any complaints about the skirt not being a credible form of battle dress don’t really have a leg to stand on when almost the entirety of tbleague’s previous catalogue consists of various combinations of completely unrealistic ‘sexy armour’’. Wink The only difference is that this *particular* fantasy outfit covers more skin than usual and thus has at least somewhat wider appeal than their usual scantily clad figures that cater primarily to the ‘male gaze’.

Diana

Diana
Stryker2011 wrote:Found some bigger pics, and extra ones, to put in the original post.
Oh cool! Thanks! Where did you find these?

MerylAkiba wrote:I wonder if the sword would come with a future updated release, ie: Captain guardian, SDCC imperial, akin to Vampirella?
I can totally imagine them turning this into a series with an Imperial Whatever getting the sword. Why else would they exclude it now, considering they've obviously already produced it?

skywalkersaga wrote:Any complaints about the skirt not being a credible form of battle dress don’t really have a leg to stand on when almost the entirety of tbleague’s previous catalogue consists of various combinations of completely unrealistic ‘sexy armour’’. Wink
When I see this kind of armor I always picture the character in a fantasy setting anyway, where magic plays a factor in protection as well as attacks that wouldn't be blocked by armor anyway. ^^

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Diana: BBICN - a Chinese site.

http://www.bbicn.com/

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote:Any complaints about the skirt not being a credible form of battle dress don’t really have a leg to stand on when almost the entirety of tbleague’s previous catalogue consists of various combinations of completely unrealistic ‘sexy armour’’. Wink The only difference is that this *particular* fantasy outfit covers more skin than usual and thus has at least somewhat wider appeal than their usual scantily clad figures that cater primarily to the ‘male gaze’.

Heh, yeah I should have said 'not credible, as usual' Smile

What I meant was that I like what I can see of the skirt/top (or dress if it's one piece) just as a piece of clothing that I'd buy on it's own. Armour of any kind doesn't appeal to me personally so I'd probably just get the sculpt and the skirt/dress (and yeah okay the spear, because it's cool Very Happy ).

While the sculpt looks virtually identical to Galaxy Soldier there's just something about this one I prefer, although as always I'll wait to see something other than TBL's promo pics before I buy.

gunm

gunm
I preordered this one. I like the TBleague figures, but the environment where I live does not and I have a couple of Phicen/TBleague bodies that have cracked and split open. Having the most vulnerable joints (the arms/elbows) covered is probably better for me lol.

navetsea

very nice armored female figure, ugh the lips is too red

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
At least lips are pretty easily repainted, if one so chooses! Smile Or you could always swap the head entirely for another one...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Gunm, that is unfortunate; what environment do you live in?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:At least lips are pretty easily repainted, if one so chooses! Smile Or you could always swap the head entirely for another one...

Honestly, that was my first thought. I like the head sculpt enough, but the helmet down looks good — so, I’d use the sculpt for something else, and put some crap sculpt under the helmet to display it with the visor down.

gunm

gunm
GubernatorFan wrote:Gunm, that is unfortunate; what environment do you live in?

subtropical/humid. :/

gooboo

Saw on ebay that this figure is getting parceled out. Hopefully that means it's coming out soon, I feel like I've been waiting forever on this one, lol.

From the pictures I saw it looks like all of the armor is removable, and the body appears to be the typical s22/s23 type. Even though I already have one pre-ordered from BBTS, I bought myself a pair of the armored feet since I have need of them for another character I'm working on. I think these might be the only Phicen compatible armored feet without any heels on them.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
gooboo wrote:Saw on ebay that this figure is getting parceled out.

Thanks for the heads-up, I bagged myself that one piece skirt/top that I like for a reasonable-ish price. The prices being asked for that headsculpt on ebay are ridiculous, though, even by the standards of this hobby. I like it, but not that much. I'll wait and chance that the sculpt will end up parted out on Monkey Depot where it's sure to be less expensive.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That’s so weird ...i dont even find the headsculpt all that great??

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote:That’s so weird ...i dont even find the headsculpt all that great??

Some very strange pricing decisions by sellers at the moment. This sculpt going for as much as £100, while the Tariah sculpt (which I'll grant is more 'generic TBL blonde') is going for as little as £15.

gooboo

Here's a picture I saw on the Chinese forum. All of the preview pictures of this figure had the eye-slit sitting above the eyes themselves, which looks stupid and pointless. Apparently you can lower it onto the eyes, as it's supposed to look.

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague Imperial Guardian 1/6 - Page 2 Helmet10

There's more pictures here- http://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=363138&extra=page%3D1&page=1

Looks like a really nice figure overall. Can't wait for mine to come in.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum