OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 2)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Product Description

From TBLeague comes the 1/12 scale Imperial Guardian figure. This figure is highly poseable and comes with several weapons and accessories!

Product Features

1/12 Scale
Made of plastic and fabrics
Highly poseable body with a head sculpt and rooted hair
Includes fabric clothing, armor, and weaponry

Box Contents

Imperial Guardian figure
3 Interchangeable guantlets
Helmet
Dress
Underpants
Pair of stockings
Chest guard
Pair of shoulder armor
Pair of forearm armor
Pair of elbow armor
Corset
Waist armor
Pair of shows
Pair of leg armor
Pair of knee armor
Spear
Sword
Base

PL2021-180D (Blue)

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 2) Cf8ae210

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 2) E0ea2610

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 2) E7530b10

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 2) B6379a10

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 2) 9f630710

PL2021-180E (Red)

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 2) 2aa0e510

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 2) D11d8d10

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 2) 8d37c210

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 2) 1b74c910

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 2) 11a8bf10

PL2021-180F (Yellow)

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 2) 82d7a710

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 2) 04611310

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 2) 43638610

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 2) 8f7ecc10

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 2) 9af7e910

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 2) 29027710

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 2) 38feba10

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 2) Bf94ab10

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 2) Ea2ec410

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
So much for no new product announcements in 1/12 from TBLeague!

davidd

davidd
Shocked  How many versions are there?

When will they be released?

How much will they cost?

These are gonna be a limited window pre-order item, aren't they?

I want 'em all!

But right now, when I say I'm broke, I mean my hobby funds are seriously tapped out, and likely to remain that way for some time!

Are there three versions? Or two versions each of three versions, making six in total?

Awww, man!

Okay, here we go: they're about a hundred bucks apiece, and there are six versions available. Estimated release date is October 2021, so coming up fast!

Giantoy: https://giantoy.com/products/tbleague-pl2021-180-abcdef-1-12

BBTS: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?SearchText=Imperial+Guardian+1%2F12

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The figures are nice, but I'm totally distracted by the Meet the Spartans digital army-building special effects. Smile

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:The figures are nice, but I'm totally distracted by the Meet the Spartans digital army-building special effects. Smile

The effect is cool... and effective from a marketing angle! Makes ya wanna get a hundred of 'em, doesn't it? Razz

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
GubernatorFan wrote:The figures are nice, but I'm totally distracted by the Meet the Spartans digital army-building special effects. Smile

Given how much these things cost, that’s about as close as any of us are going to get.   Very Happy

I just got this mental image in my mind of having a board get-together and re-creating that picture by combining all of our figures.   Then the pictures are taken, and it’s like “Mine was in the third column, fourth row.” “No, MINE was in the third column, fourth row!”  Then someone bumps the display table and they all fall over on top of each other.

Diana

Diana
ID: I WANT THEM ALL!
SUPEREGO: Can't really justify spending 600 bucks on 6 nearly identical figures.
EGO: To be fair, the similarity is part of the attraction...
ID: WHAT EGO SAID!
SUPEREGO: But that's still a lot of money to spend all at once...
EGO: You could just pay three of them now and the other three later...
SUPEREGO: Okay, but it's still 600 bucks...
EGO: If we ever need the money back we can always sell them. We take good care of them...
ID: You wouldn't...
SUPEREGO: How many have you sold so far?
EGO: Erm... one boxed figure and one body. But I haven't needed to!
ID: SEE???
SUPEREGO: But you could have used the money elsewhere...
EGO: But I haven't HAD to...
SUPEREGO: You really don't need another redhead.
EGO: But the armor is red!
ID: MIX AND MATCH!!!!
SUPEREGO: I'm lost for words...
ID/EGO: VICTOOOOORIOUSSSSSS!!!!

It's looking good for a 1/12 Spartan Army Commander line-up...

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 2) 20210710

davidd

davidd
Diana wrote:
EGO: You could just pay three of them now and the other three later...
SUPEREGO: Okay, but it's still 600 bucks...

They'll sell out, and cost twice or three times as much on the secondary market!
And you only need to put down a deposit right now!
Twisted Evil

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
1). Two of these cost the same as one 1/6 figure. So don’t think of it as though you’re buying six 1/12 figures. Think of it as though you’re buying three 1/6 figures.

2). Although they’re being sold individually, they are obviously meant to be bought as a set. Do you only buy three of the four Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Do you only buy two of the Three Musketeers? Do you only buy Huey and Dewey and pass on Louie? Do you buy a new set of silverware and say “I want everything except the forks, please?” No, you do not.

3). How do we know that all six figures will be produced in the same quantity? What if the one(s) you decide to pass on had lower production runs than the rest and the prices soar on the secondary market?

4). What if you decide to hold off for now and TBLeague decides to cancel one or both sets due to not receiving enough preorders? Remember the Nordic Warriors?

5.) What if this is TBLeague saying “We’re going to give 1/12 and warrior women one last shot, and if this doesn’t work, it’s back to nothing but 1/6 Egyptology.” Is that what you want? That’s not what I want.

6.) What about the people who are actually scheduled to manufacture these figures? I’m sure most of them have families to feed. “Sorry, but most collectors only ordered one or two, so you’re going to have to find work elsewhere.” Nice.

7.) If this doesn’t work, they’ll never try it again, and even if it does work, it may be too cost prohibitive to try it again. We may be looking at a once in a lifetime opportunity here.

8.) How are you going to feel when they’re released and everyone here on the forum is posting all these cool pics of their six Imperial Guardians? Yep. “I can’t believe how great these turned out. Why didn’t I preorder all of them when I had the chance?!?”

9.) If the Imperial Guardians do well, not only does it send a message to TBLeague, it sends a message to every company in this industry. 1/12th sells! If we want better figures and more variety in this scale, we need to vote with our wallets!

10) These will only appreciate in value. Can you say that about most other things you would end up spending the money on instead? I don’t see many empty Starbucks cups selling on eBay!

davidd

davidd
Razz Excellent points! Very persuasive!

Does this mean you, too, have placed a deposit on all six?

Diana

Diana
I have paid in full for A and B, and paid the deposit on C and F.
The universe will tell me whether I should get red and blue as well if they are still available for PO next month.

bounce NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 2) 1f648

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Diana wrote:I have paid in full for A and B, and paid the deposit on C and F.
The universe will tell me whether I should get red and blue as well if they are still available for PO next month.

bounce  NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 2) 1f648

Sounds like we have them ranked them more or less the same:

Gotta have ‘em: A & B
Gonna get ‘em: C & F
Groin’ on me: D
Might as well: E

davidd wrote:Does this mean you, too, have placed a deposit on all six?

Just A & B so far. I’ve been spending a lot lately, so I need to check the finances and see where I’m at before putting a deposit down on C & F. I probably will by this weekend. D & E will have to wait until my next paycheck.

Diana

Diana
Xavion2004 wrote:Sounds like we have them ranked them more or less the same:

Gotta have ‘em: A & B
Gonna get ‘em:  C & F
Groin’ on me: D
Might as well:  E
Exactly! D is too cute, even if the orange hair is a litte weird. And the red version... well,... I already have Sariah and Sonja and Captain Sparta... all redheads and... oh what the heck. Might as well. Laughing

Diana

Diana
Comparison. Smile
NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 2) Rd10

davidd

davidd
Oh, c'mon – red armor!

NEW PRODUCT:  TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardian 1/12 Scale figure (Part 2) Imperial_e

There's no way that the "E" version could possibly be relegated to "might as well" status! I think you mean, "and two of that one" status!

Razz

I need to stop looking at these or that "two" scenario might actually happen! Embarassed

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I think the problem Diana and I may be having is that she reminds us too much of Sariah who we both already have. But then again, you have Sariah now too, right?

Diana

Diana
davidd wrote:Oh, c'mon – red armor!

There's no way that the "E" version could possibly be relegated to "might as well" status! I think you mean, "and two of that one" status!

Razz

I need to stop looking at these or that "two" scenario might actually happen!  Embarassed

Xavion2004 wrote:I think the problem Diana and I may be having is that she reminds us too much of Sariah who we both already have.  But then again, you have Sariah now too, right?

So true. But you're right. The red armor is spectacular. (Thanks for pointing that out... Rolling Eyes Laughing )
And while the head seems the most boring... it could be swapped out of course.

I do think it's a shame that they all have the same hair style. But it seems that I'll soon be having a new shelf full with the 1/12 ladies, especially since Super Duck has announced Tifa and will no doubt follow up with something else irresistible soon, as will TBL. There will be plenty of options for mix and match fun. Smile

davidd

davidd
Diana wrote:... especially since Super Duck has announced Tifa....

And thank you for pointing that out! Razz

We're all doomed, aren't we?  pale

(And yes, I also have a Sariah! Embarassed )

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
A 1/12 Super Duck Tifa?!! That will be hard to pass up, but I really don’t want to get into the habit of having the same figure in two different scales.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum