OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Figures Toy Company Donald Trump Black Variant (Review)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Adeno

Summary:
Pros: Decently looks like the President Donald Trump, good headsculpt paint application.

Cons: Outdated body articulation system, clothes seem too baggy, body is definitely not comparable to the real life Donald Trump, USA (MAGA) hat seems to be too big, not posable enough due to outdated body system and how the clothes were sewn, shoes are strangely made of soft floppy rubber, causing Trump to be unable to stand on his own majority of the time, loose feet joints that you have to fix by putting Pledge Floorcare in the joints to make them firm.

Full Review here Smile

Figures Toy Company Donald Trump Black Variant (Review) 00-frontbox

Figures Toy Company Donald Trump Black Variant (Review) 10-end1

Figures Toy Company Donald Trump Black Variant (Review) 11-end2

Figures Toy Company Donald Trump Black Variant (Review) 12-end3

#FiguresToyCompany #FTC #Donald #Trump

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Interesting. What scale is that Superman compared to the President? Is the President supposed to be one of the Mego style figures, cause that’s what it looks like? Was he able to stand on his own in the “running” photo once you tightened up the joints? Nice use of the White House backdrop in your pics.

REMINDER TO ALL: Despite the nature of the figure represented — this is not the place for political discussion. Stay on topic of the figure as a figure.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Figures Toy Company Donald Trump Black Variant (Review) C8485110

Adeno

Thanks! Yeah he definitely feels like the old school Mego stuff, but then again I also have FTC Santa Claus and that one has better proportions and posability. Oh he's still unable to stand on his own with his floppy soft rubber shoes on so I just leaned him on the monitor Very Happy He can stand if I remove the floppy shoes since they've become firmer with Pledge Floorcare. I really don't understand why they didn't just make normal solid shoes instead of using this weird gummi bear style of shoes. Superman is around 6.2 inches tall I think, while Trump is 8 inches tall. FTC toys are gigantic compared to the brands.

I wish they (or some other company) would just switch to another body type. I saw those nice little 1/12 scale DAM brand bodies. Good modern day custom bodies that they can re-use on a budget but those things actually hold poses well. Too bad I can't just stick Trump's head on it since he's a bigger scale lol!

Figures Toy Company Donald Trump Black Variant (Review) Dam-dps02__94652.1562853491

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the review. Given the smaller scale (which I didn't realize), this product seems better than it did at first. I agree, sometimes companies just insist on poor choices, like the overly soft footwear, and that takes away from the experience of their product. And that DAM body does look promising.

blackpool

blackpool
the portrait is surprisingly good, that's funny how many sculptors easily catch his likeness, most Trump figures are super good in terms of likeness!

Ovy

Ovy
Was expecting something different when reading the title.

Figures Toy Company Donald Trump Black Variant (Review) Tumblr_o9slnkNJTY1sqek1po2_400

Sorry. Cool

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum