OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Viking Woman (# PL2020-162)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Thanks for sharing. About the only thing I really like is the cloak.

Valiarde

Thanks for the great all around in hand pics! So much more interesting than looking at promo pics.

I like her best without helmet, Axe and shield actually. Nice base outfit - I agree stryker about the cloak - I have that cloak in my basket since two weeks haha. But you could probalby make one yourself easily too.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Thanks for the mini review, brassco. I think she turned out pretty great and I agree with Valiarde that your photos are more interesting than the promotional ones. Is this use of Styrofoam boxing new for TBLeague, in your experience?

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Some of the larger bases have come like that for me, as well.

agentghost

agentghost
i like the HS..look familiar. have they used this somewhere?

brassco

brassco
GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks for the mini review, brassco. I think she turned out pretty great and I agree with Valiarde that your photos are more interesting than the promotional ones. Is this use of Styrofoam boxing new for TBLeague, in your experience?

not new, but usually much bigger. I guess the older packaging they put the base (not so space demanding) into the main box. Better for shipping i guess.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I think the ebay seller in China who parts out these sets (I'm reasonably confident it's mostly just the one outfit even though there are around three seller IDs) has just figured out that this body is so far unique (c'mon TBL...) - he/they were selling the body and hands for the usual £40-45, then suddenly withdrew both listings. Now both are back up again, but now for nearly £60  Shocked  even though it didn't sell at the lower price...

I almost caved in and bought it earlier, even with the dented legs Very Happy, but not now at that price.

The seller(s) concerned is reliable enough, but certainly likes to charge over the odds when they can. Although to be fair I've also picked up a few surprise bargains from them over the years.

*waves, if they're reading*

gooboo

Someone on a facebook group posted one of these bodies that didn't have any dents in the legs, so I rolled the dice and order one off of ebay myself. We'll see if I get lucky or not regarding the quality of legs.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I hope you got in early at that less expensive price!

I was thinking that they probably only figured it out through a board like this one or a fb group. We're our own worst enemies sometimes! Laughing

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I saw that too, and missed out on the low price as well! Bummer.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
brassco wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks for the mini review, brassco. I think she turned out pretty great and I agree with Valiarde that your photos are more interesting than the promotional ones. Is this use of Styrofoam boxing new for TBLeague, in your experience?

not new, but usually much bigger. I guess the older packaging they put the base (not so space demanding) into the main box. Better for shipping i guess.

It's actually a really smart arrangement now: two rectangles make up one square brown box.  Half the square is taken by a regular rectangular figure-containing box which I keep, looks good, has photos and art on it, etc.  The other half is a styrofoam rectangle with the base -- better shipping protection for the resin base but way more wasteful of space, so I always throw this half of the packaging out.  And actually two TBL figure boxes fit nicely into one TBL outer brown box, so it's very storage-space-friendly once you toss the bases somewhere else. Really smart separation of "keeper" packaging from "discard" packaging.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
So I've had a late-night bout of insanity and bought the body and hands from Ebay, as a listing came up at £52, priced between the original, reasonable £43-45 and the later much less reasonable £60-65. Worth it to get one early (if, hopefully, they are going to release it as a base body in future). If it does have dented legs, I'll just have to put some stockings on it like I did with my Arhian CoH.

Hopefully I can report on it (as a basic body type) in a week or two unless someone else who has one beats me to it.

Right now from the available evidence, like Gethsemoni et al, it seems like a cross between an S12 (height) and an S29 (plumpness), which is just fine by me so long as TBL have addressed some of those recent build issues.

gooboo

Got the Viking Woman body in the mail today. Pleased to say that there are no marks at all on the lower legs where the boots are, and based off of photos I've seen of other Viking Woman bodies on facebook I think the photos on ebay showing the markings aren't representative of what you'll get if you order one.

The body is indeed the same as the Gethsemoni and Sinful Suzi figures, and comes in the regular suntan color. I like how Phicen seems like it's finally fixed the too-broad shoulders look of their figures. I just hope they continue to do it on another body that's not as tall and doesn't have quite as large a bust as this one.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Viking Woman (# PL2020-162) - Page 3 Viking11

Diana

Diana
gooboo wrote:Got the Viking Woman body in the mail today. [...]
Oh wow. She is beautiful!! (Mostly thanks to your head sculpt. Smile )

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Looks gorgeous! Especially with your lovely custom head. Smile

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Beautiful body and head. Thanks for sharing.
I hope TBL gets past their anime phase and start churning out that body.

gooboo

Someone more knowledgable about Phicen's schedule than myself said that they plan on doing a general release of this body at some point, though I'm guessing it'll be in 2021 since they still have to release the s42/s43 after the anime styled s36/s37.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Thanks for the pic, and that really is a beautiful head sculpt. What is it customised from?

From the pic this body looks even more to me like a Greatest Hits of the best features from an s12 and an s29, which is excellent. How does it move, have they addressed that stiffness yet?

gooboo wrote:Someone more knowledgable about Phicen's schedule than myself said that they plan on doing a general release of this body at some point, though I'm guessing it'll be in 2021 since they still have to release the s42/s43 after the anime styled s36/s37.

That is great to know... I wonder if it's the missing 40/41 and they're holding it back until after they've got some sales on this set?

Now I can hold off spending a fortune on getting more of this one Laughing

gooboo

It feels like it moves fine to me. I don't really notice anything out of the ordinary.

The headsculpt was originally the Lucifer Wings of Dawn head. Now it kind of looks like Liv Tyler, who played Arwen in LoTR.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
HOLY TOLEDO!

Look at what ebay sellers are asking for for this as just a base body now Shocked

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TBLeague-PL2020-162-1-6-Viking-Woman-12-Collectible-Action-Figure-Body-Hands/164371440550?epid=19037385211&hash=item26454d23a6:g:j9MAAOSwAnhfVL9l

£80! ($100 USD, approx)

You'd imagine that might be a typo.... but no.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I (finally) have the base body for this now, and it is indeed one of the nicest designs TBL have come up with. It is also a huge step up in build quality from all the other recent TBL bodies I've bought - no stiffness in any of the joints at all, this moves as smoothly as an older body - so hopefully they've finally addressed those manufacturing issues.

It's quite a bit taller than I anticipated though (I haven't compared it side by side with every other TBL I own yet but this could well be the tallest TBL body so far) , and having now had the opportunity to look it over reasonably thoroughly, I'm wondering...

I can't be sure until they're finally released and I own one, but with it's build and height, in-hand this now actually starts to look very much like the upcoming S42/43, only with detachable feet.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GeeWillikers wrote:I (finally) have the base body for this now, and it is indeed one of the nicest designs TBL have come up with. It is also a huge step up in build quality from all the other recent TBL bodies I've bought - no stiffness in any of the joints at all, this moves as smoothly as an older body - so hopefully they've finally addressed those manufacturing issues.

It's quite a bit taller than I anticipated though (I haven't compared it side by side with every other TBL I own yet but this could well be the tallest TBL body so far) , and having now had the opportunity to look it over reasonably thoroughly, I'm wondering...

I can't be sure until they're finally released and I own one, but with it's build and height, in-hand this now actually starts to look very much like the upcoming S42/43, only with detachable feet.

Glad yours arrived finally, and that you are happy with it!

I haven't checked the height on my Sinful Suzi body admittedly.... maybe someone who has the Kier or Gethsemoni could comment how it compares next to other tbleague figures?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
The legs are longer, and the torso is higher, but I'm not sure if that just contributes to an illusion that it's the very tallest-most of the tall or not yet.  Smile

With flat feet attached, it is certainly taller than a flat-footed S17, S21, S23 or S12, but I've yet to compare it with an 18/19 or a 32/33.

I've got an S42 on preorder, so I should find out how similar this body really is to one, soon enough.

AFTERTHOUGHT EDIT: Oh yeah, and the body I received happily had legs that were undented. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum