OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

GeeWillikers

Yeah, a set with one of these bodies would be great - maybe they should have waited and tried Nancy In Hell with one of these.

It's certainly not 'chubby' though - it's probably more appropriate to apply the 'buxom' tag to this one than to the 28/29 it was applied to, but even that isn't strictly accurate. I think they'll get away with the bust this time because it looks more naturalistic than usual - big, yes, but not the usual TBL (or Jiaou) pair of overinflated footballs. They're also less 'pert' than the 28/29's. The one thing I do still like about those Jaiou Euro bodies by the way is the more defined abs (not muscular, but toned).

And I'm still trying to decide if the hands and feet on this are as large as the 28/29's. If they are, they look like a better match - at least in these promos (usual caveat, because there's definitely some photoshopping at work in these promos).

As for skipping the numbers again, maybe there's a new male S37 in the works...

(crosses fingers for average-sized Afro-Caribbean body type)

skywalkersaga

Yeah, agree...the bust does seem more natural. Just like the bust on that Kier body, which I'm still waiting for them to make a regular skintone version of...

And funny, I was also thinking that the Nancy head would look nice with this one.

Rogerbee

Founding Father

I'd call that a normal body more than anything. Now we need a Kelly Brook head!

gooboo

Giantoy has these available for sale now. Just ordered one myself, but with DHL shipping this time around. Still waiting on a order I put in with them from over a month ago. International shipping to the US is horrible right now. I'll put pictures up once I get it.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
gooboo wrote:Giantoy has these available for sale now. Just ordered one myself, but with DHL shipping this time around. Still waiting on a order I put in with them from over a month ago. International shipping to the US is horrible right now. I'll put pictures up once I get it.

I notice they've also jacked up the price on the headless ones a couple of dollars...

Even so, I'll probably be buying one at the end of this week.

gooboo

Here are my pictures/thoughts on the s38-

First of all, DHL was amazing. I got this thing in four days. To compare, I have another order from Giantoy using the free shipping that I ordered on June 3, and it still hasn't come in the mail.

The figure looks like it's based off of the s28/s29 model. The breasts are clearly larger, but look like they obey gravity to some degree, as opposed to the big breast Jiaou dolls I've seen. The waist/hips are a bit thicker and the butt bigger, but I think the forearms/wrists are better done on this figure and aren't as chunky as they are on the s28/s29. The genital details on this model are the same as the s28/s29. I think this is also a tad shorter than the s28, but it could also have been my posing. Overall I really like the model, and I'll probably get another one in the future.

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt) - Page 2 S38_110

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt) - Page 2 S38_210

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt) - Page 2 S38_310

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt) - Page 2 S38_410

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt) - Page 2 S38_510

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt) - Page 2 S38_610

Some photos next to my s28-

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt) - Page 2 Compar14

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt) - Page 2 Compar15

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt) - Page 2 Compar16

I love this figure, if the breasts were a tad smaller it would probably be my new favorite over the s28/s29.

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt) - Page 2 S38_fi10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the in-hand notes. How is the rotation (if any) at the biceps or elbow? Yes, DHL speed does seem to rock.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the review! And I agree with you , if only it had a smaller bust, it would be one of my faves from the looks of it!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

gooboo

The rotation at the elbow is better than the s28/s29. It doesn't stop at a certain point like these two bodies do, so you can rotate the lower arm all the way around multiple times if you like.

The limited rotation of the s28/s29 is obviously more realistic, since nobody can rotate their lower arms like a helicopter. However, like others I've had problems when changing outfits where the skeleton of the upper arm changes position and the limited rotation impacts your ability to pose the body, so you have to rotate the upper arm around to try and reset it to the correct position. I suspect that's what you're asking about, and I don't think that's a problem here.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
gooboo wrote:The rotation at the elbow is better than the s28/s29. It doesn't stop at a certain point like these two bodies do, so you can rotate the lower arm all the way around multiple times if you like.

The limited rotation of the s28/s29 is obviously more realistic, since nobody can rotate their lower arms like a helicopter. However, like others I've had problems when changing outfits where the skeleton of the upper arm changes position and the limited rotation impacts your ability to pose the body, so you have to rotate the upper arm around to try and reset it to the correct position. I suspect that's what you're asking about, and I don't think that's a problem here.  

Thanks, this is encouraging. I just checked my S29, and I actually don't notice much of a problem there. Perhaps the issue I was thinking of is actually limited to the twelfth-scale figures. It has to do with the ease of getting the lower arm to move in over the front of the body -- if there is no axial rotation (I'm not talking flex) at the elbow or the biceps, you have to approximate it from the shoulder and that is not very natural. I think you are referring to the shoulder locking, which appears to be what happens depending on the positioning of the arm.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Thanks for the pics!

Have you tried changing the hands over yet? Not ordered one yet and I'm curious to know if the wrist pegs will stay on the end of the wrist (y'know like they should, TBL), rather than get stuck inside the hand you're removing like the 29.

Interesting that the differences between these two are more marked than I anticipated. And is it me... or are the feet smaller than the 28/29 or do they just seem more proportionate (I don't know if you've swapped them out or not)?

Otherwise, I've got one of the VeryCool Jenner heads waiting for this body and I think it'll look good.

EDIT: Is that the Kumik Amanda Seyfried head on your 29? Always wondered how that actually looked in-hand...

gooboo

The feet look like they're the same size to me, just more proportionate on a fuller figure. I tried taking the hands off of mine and they came off normally, so no problems there.

As for the head it is a Kumik Amanda Seyfried head, however it's been repainted to match the pale Phicen skin tone. The original had a bit of a yellow tint to it that didn't match. After repainting it it's one of my favorite heads, but I had to do some work on it.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I’m rather tempted by this one , thanks to gooboo’s pics. I’d prob give her a bust reduction though. Razz

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
gooboo wrote:The feet look like they're the same size to me, just more proportionate on a fuller figure. I tried taking the hands off of mine and they came off normally, so no problems there.

Excellent Very Happy

*rushes off to order one*

gooboo wrote:As for the head it is a Kumik Amanda Seyfried head, however it's been repainted to match the pale Phicen skin tone. The original had a bit of a yellow tint to it that didn't match. After repainting it it's one of my favorite heads, but I had to do some work on it.

Yes, the yellow tint is a common disadvantage with all Kumik sculpts, one of the reasons I don't bother with them anymore. You've done a nice job on it.

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
I would love to get a hybrid body with normal arms, small/medium breasts, narrow shoulders but the wide hips and legs that aren't super long. that would be the most realistic female body if done. fingers crossed.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed thanks for the review gooboo.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Just got mine (a 39 suntan), and straight out of the box this already seems like a massive improvement in build quality over the 28/29. Readers may not be surprised to hear that the first thing I tried was removing the hands, and I'm happy to report there were no issues whatsoever with the ball joints on the wrists detaching themselves (as with 2 out of 3 of the 29's I own).

I'm not prepared to road-test this figure to destruction though, and so I'm being extremely careful with the arms as they seem a little stiff at the shoulders - but only time will tell how they (literally) hold up. No issues with the legs, but the body seems slightly less flexible at the waist - perhaps unsurprisingly given it's a little 'thicker' in that area. This is compensated for, however, by perhaps the most flexible neck TBL have yet produced (even more so than the 32/33).

The height difference in gooboo's pics is no photographical/optical illusion, either - this is slightly shorter than the 28/29. And I don't know if this is peculiar to mine, and it's subtle, but the skintone on this 39 seems less 'pink' than other newer suntan models.

I think the major nightmare will be dressing it, with those boobs and hips - I may experiment with some 1/4 BJD doll clothing when the time comes.

Overall this is a nice body, but its 'niche' physique means I'll probably only get one or two of them.

Dear TBLeague,

We now need a similar model of similar height, but less 'curvaceous' even than the 28/29 (those hyper-boobed 24-27 models really don't count). But first we need more ethnic skintones of course. Very Happy

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
GeeWillikers wrote:Just got mine (a 39 suntan), and straight out of the box this already seems like a massive improvement in build quality over the 28/29.
I think the major nightmare will be dressing it, with those boobs and hips - I may experiment with some 1/4 BJD doll clothing when the time comes.

good to hear quality seems good. Sourcing fitting clothes was one of my first thoughts when looking at the larger body

GeeWillikers wrote:
Dear TBLeague,

We now need a similar model of similar height, but less 'curvaceous' even than the 28/29 (those hyper-boobed 24-27 models really don't count). But first we need more ethnic skintones of course. Very Happy

I think the wide hips would be good to keep, but definitely need some bodies with smaller boobs and narrow shoulders, plus of course like you say different skin tones.

I am glad that TBL did at least make the boobs on this new body look less like bolt ons, so many female bodies on the market seem to be based on women living in zero gravity

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the quick review, GeeW! I was always on the fence about the original s28/29's, mainly cause I thought the hips were still too narrow on that one. I prefer the shape of this latest 'curvy' figure, and especially the fact that it's shorter. Can't afford it right now, but this one is now pretty high on my list of 'eventually's (unless they come out with a version that is the same but with smaller bust in the meantime).

gooboo

I'm glad you liked the body too GeeWillikers. I got an s38, but I'll be getting an s39 at some point as well just because I like the body so much. But I also agree, finding outfits for this body will be difficult, and I'll probably just have to try my hand at sewing my own.

brassco

brassco
gooboo wrote:The breasts are clearly larger, but look like they obey gravity to some degree.

It would be a dream to have all other breast sizes of TBleague's models to have that "gravity" effect! Love handles, maybe?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
As usual for me after a day or two of owning one of these, the honeymoon is over. Very Happy

No major build problems apparent or anything (perhaps because I'm still handling it with great caution), but I've now noticed a couple of slightly disappointing things, mostly in the moulding. There are a couple of small 'depression rings' (the best way I have of describing them) on the outer side of each breast, and the point where the two halves of the body mould are joined has a conspicuous line (in-hand, at least) on the inner legs.

Of course, real-world light conditions can and do play a major part in the perception of these features. These are minor quibbles that seem - so far - to be practically invisible when photographed, and they may also only be peculiar to my own particular figure. Keep her decently-attired, and they're unnoticable.

Perhaps this post is more useful as a revealing window on what a nightmare I must be to live with, with my nit-picking. Laughing

It's still a nice body type, but for all that there's always something that's 'off' with a TBL body for me. I keep buying 'em, though. Smile

DarthJ

Mine have arrived too.  Sooner than expected. No shipping costs. No Import taxes. Wonderful.

They have a curvy, natural shape. Stocky but not fat.  The heads are the same tone as the body. They seem to have applied heavier make-up. Tbleague seems to have dropped the "Barbie" attitude as there are more "details", top and bottom.

TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt) - Page 2 Img_2312

2Phaced

Thanks for the reviews, good to hear QC issues from earlier models have been resolved.

Has anyone found some outfits that are readily available, and are a good fit for the S38/39?

bunnyfreakz

bunnyfreakz
Clothing with scretchy fabric will work.

Something alongside this TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt) - Page 2 S-l1600

DarthJ

I have that dress above though haven't discovered a way to fit it without fatally twisting any body parts yet. It doesn't open at the back, no velcro, buttons or zipper.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stretchier fabrics definitely help. I have this pretty simple dress that has always been easy to use on TBLeague bodies and S39A is no exception:
TBLeague - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 scale "Chubby" Female Body (2 styles, with or without a head sculpt) - Page 2 S39bte10

cuongcodon

cuongcodon
Can i ask one question:

Is this secret part ( sculpted genitals) is detailed or censored ?

i don't buy an s28 then really i can't imagine.

thank you

DarthJ

cuongcodon wrote:Can i ask one question:

Is this secret part ( sculpted genitals) is detailed or censored ?

i don't buy an s28 then really i can't imagine.

thank you

As I mentioned before :

Tbleague seems to have dropped the "Barbie" attitude as there are more "details", top and bottom.

Unfortunately you can't show these details on this "family-friendly" site.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum