OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sideshow giveaway contest

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sideshow giveaway contest Empty Sideshow giveaway contest Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:14 pm

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Soooooooo...... how many of us international folk enter SS giveaways regularly? I know I do, but only today did I learn that despite the contest page saying "To show our thanks, we give fans all over the world a chance to win amazing prizes!" and the entry page having a dropdown list of countries to choose from along with a note that winners are to pay for shipping... only USA entrants can actually win. It states so in the T&C's page small print and when I asked via chat the SS rep stated that indeed only USA entrants can win now. They say folk outside USA could enter and win before a change in regs or something but I only ever recall seeing USA winners this whole time.

Any companies out there that actually do giveaways to international? or any UK based contest anyone know of I can try?

Cheers!

2Sideshow giveaway contest Empty Re: Sideshow giveaway contest Sat May 02, 2020 6:37 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Sideshow Collectibles needs to change their policy.
I went through a phase of entering compo's. Time and time again the winners list contained US winners only?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

3Sideshow giveaway contest Empty Re: Sideshow giveaway contest Sun May 03, 2020 4:04 am

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
ukshaun wrote:Sideshow Collectibles needs to change their policy.
I went through a phase of entering compo's. Time and time again the winners list contained US winners only?

Yep! I only ever saw US winners (maybe a Canadian one once). Now at least they confirmed USA winners only

4Sideshow giveaway contest Empty Re: Sideshow giveaway contest Sun May 03, 2020 5:26 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m just guessing, but it probably has something to do with the grotesque international shipping rates.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Sideshow giveaway contest C8485110

5Sideshow giveaway contest Empty Re: Sideshow giveaway contest Sun May 03, 2020 5:29 am

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Stryker2011 wrote:I’m just guessing, but it probably has something to do with the grotesque international shipping rates.

the winner pays shipping so not that

6Sideshow giveaway contest Empty Re: Sideshow giveaway contest Sun May 03, 2020 5:34 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
jaztermareal wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:I’m just guessing, but it probably has something to do with the grotesque international shipping rates.

Yeah, I understand. I should have added — and they maybe had a few people complain (and possibly back out), once they found out they were paying nearly the cost of whatever item they won in shipping, customs fees, etc.; Wouldn’t be the first time a small number of people screwed it for everyone.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Sideshow giveaway contest C8485110

7Sideshow giveaway contest Empty Re: Sideshow giveaway contest Sun May 03, 2020 5:36 am

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Stryker2011 wrote:
jaztermareal wrote:

Yeah, I understand. I should have added — and they maybe had a few people complain (and possibly back out), once they found out they were paying nearly the cost of whatever item they won in shipping, customs fees, etc.; Wouldn’t be the first time a small number of people screwed it for everyone.

very possible.... either way, I hope SS change the contest page to make it clear it is for the chosen nation only. us 2nd classers wont have false hope that way

8Sideshow giveaway contest Empty Re: Sideshow giveaway contest Sun May 03, 2020 1:30 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, that sucks. I'm glad you mentioned this fact since I'm in the UK too and might have otherwise not realized ...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

9Sideshow giveaway contest Empty Re: Sideshow giveaway contest Sun May 03, 2020 1:35 pm

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
skywalkersaga wrote:Oh, that sucks. I'm glad you mentioned this fact since I'm in the UK too and might have otherwise not realized ...

well, after I contacted them they have now followed my suggestion and changed the blurb on the contest page to reduce confusion but the actual entry page still lets you select your country and it still isn't clearly stated that its open to US people only. I suspect they actually want international folk to assume they have a chance and input their names/emails etc for data gathering

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum