OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Water Princess Set [without body] (NO: SET053)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Saturn

Someone is already selling the head sculpture separately:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/144210180225

Xavion2004

It dorsn’t look as good in the eBay photo as it does in the BBICN photos which look better to me that the prototype which doesn’t look as good as Amber Heard who doesn’t look as good as Mera did during Blackest Night which is the best she’s looked since she debuted in the Sixties.

GeeWillikers

Well... while I have no real use for the whole set, I've just taken a gamble on it because I actually like the in-hand sculpt (for me, the less a sculpt looks like a particular person, the more I like it as it offers more possibilities). I do hope that crown is removable, though (with it being listed separately I think it is). So with that in mind, I've probably paid over the odds for it... but then again you can never predict what sellers will try and scalp you for for these items on the resale market.

I think the sculpt might look good on a Viking Woman/Knight Of Fire body (which I guess would make that tight-fitting jumpsuit even more redundant).

EDIT: Hm, the ebay listing linked to above is only £10 less (inc pesky VAT) than I paid for the whole set, so I'm not too unhappy. And the crown is separate (phew)!

I'm fine with it. Inconsistent with the promos/actress/character or not, it's still much better than SD's usual bland sculpts.

GeeWillikers

What the actual source of the photos in this listing is is uncertain (note the photoediting/shopping at top and bottom that probably hides logos etc), but they seem to bear more resemblance to the BBICN pics:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/393601350867?hash=item5ba477fcd3:g:DkUAAOSws8VhVAi3
superduck - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Water Princess Set [without body] (NO: SET053) - Page 2 S-l1600

Here it looks more 'pale' than 'suntan', though (which would be in line with most SD sculpts in my experience).

I'll know for certain in about a week, I guess (bought mine from GianToy and here there's only a £4 difference between the sculpt on its own and the full set).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That pic actually looks pretty nice. If it turns out to be pale instead of suntan, I might pick one of these up after all.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I received my set. Just FYI, it will not match a Pale -- it is definitely a "New" Suntan (ie, it has that gray cast that the new TBL Suntan bodies all have).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

superduck - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Water Princess Set [without body] (NO: SET053) - Page 2 C8485110

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Stryker2011 wrote:I received my set. Just FYI, it will not match a Pale -- it is definitely a "New" Suntan (ie, it has that gray cast that the new TBL Suntan bodies all have).

Good to know Smile

So I can probably set aside one of my half-dozen Knight Of Fire bodies in anticipation.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Stryker2011 wrote:I received my set. Just FYI, it will not match a Pale -- it is definitely a "New" Suntan (ie, it has that gray cast that the new TBL Suntan bodies all have).

I have a sure-fire formula for figuring out whether a set needs a pale or suntan body.

If I have a pale S10D available, it will need a suntan S12D and vice versa.

Works every time! Razz

Kallor8

haha, that is so true

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Xavion2004 wrote:

I have a sure-fire formula for figuring out whether a set needs a pale or suntan body.

If I have a pale S10D available, it will need a suntan S12D and vice versa.

Works every time!  Razz

Haha! Ahh, the Mystery behind the 1/6th Hobby has been broken.

superduck - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Water Princess Set [without body] (NO: SET053) - Page 2 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga

Ah, thanks , good to know.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
These are now back in stock at GianToy, just in case anybody wants one for a third less than any Ebay vendor is selling them for Smile

https://giantoy.com/products/pre-order-1-6-super-duck-sea-princess-set053-custom-kit?variant=32290919874623

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Just saw this custom Mera headsculpt...

https://forums.toynewsi.com/forums/topic/2127829-mera_amber-heard-custom-figure/

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The head looks great, though a little too big for the body (or maybe it’s the camera angle?).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It looks like they didn't use a tbleague but perhaps a VeryCool body or something similar.

The head is indeed very nicely done, along with the rooted hair.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
I just received the bodysuit and deciding on what TBL body to use.
Recommended is S12D but looking at in-hand pics, the suit could barely contain the S12D's chest.
I was thinking of using S23B with mid breasts, hoping to have a more muscular body shape
and was wondering if anyone here has done so or seen this set with an S23B body.

brassco

brassco
rollotomasi wrote:I just received the bodysuit and deciding on what TBL body to use.
Recommended is S12D but looking at in-hand pics, the suit could barely contain the S12D's chest.
I was thinking of using S23B with mid breasts, hoping to have a more muscular body shape
and was wondering if anyone here has done so or seen this set with an S23B body.

well, you can try, but usually makers designed their products with the body they have. So if you choose a muscular body, not only it is pointless (whole body suit), but i suspect the leg might be too thick to be worn on that suit.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Thanks, Brassco.
I just took the suit out of the package, unfortunately it doesn't seem stretchy enough so yeah no go with the S23B with it's thicker thighs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum