OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Fantasy Fighting Goddess (without body) NO: SET055

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

brassco

I don't dig it...face too big, hair too thin...i do like the attire and accessories though...

Adeno

I got her today, I'm happy with her. Her face is a bit chubby, as if Tifa ate a bit too much food from her bar. From most angles I am still happy with the way her face looks Smile

Xavion2004

Great review, but after getting an extended look, I’m not as impressed with the as I was initially. Brassco’s comment about the face being too big and the hair too thin seems much more apparent to me in the video than it did in the still pictures.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Thanks for the review, Adeno. I can see they got very close to the source material, but somehow the proportions of face to hair, etc, eluded them a little bit.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Saturn

Saturn
Great review indeed, many thanks!

Adeno

Thanks! Anyway I hope the War Story Tifa will have a better, non-chubby face. That one is supposed to have undergone a revision and made the face more accurate. I hope it gets shipped out soon Smile

Hmm Tifa made a new friend, Farah the hard rock lady! They had a little jam session.

Headsculpt - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 Fantasy Fighting Goddess (without body) NO: SET055 - Page 2 Tifasi10

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I keep going back and forth on the SD Tifa. Even on video, she can look really good one minute and not so good the next. I guess I’ll just have to reserve final judgement until I have her in hand. All in all, I’m glad I didn’t cancel my YM Toys/VS Toys Tifa preorder. I have a feeling the YM/VS version is going to end up being the clear winner for me.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Nice video, Adeno. Like the poses, especially the one-arm push up!
Not liking the weird stiff bangs,
reminds me of Cameron Diaz's hair in There's Something About Mary.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
If I was certain that I was going to keep her, the first thing I would do is stick that hair in boiling water and free those bangs.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Mine came in today.   I’m not all that impressed.   There are definitely some very nice elements to the set, but as a whole, it just doesn’t do it for me.  I think my first instinct to go with the VS/YM version was the right one, and I’m glad I didn’t cancel my preorder.

I don’t see her making a miraculous comeback like Mandi (Kerr) did, especially with so many other options available, so she’s looking at a date with eBay soon.  I may keep the S10D I purchased with the set, though.  They seem to be good to have around.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I decided to give it another try and started over again with putting the costume on.

Let’s just say I started of on the “wrong foot” the first time by putting one leg through the leg of the underwear and the other leg through the waist. I guess I know why they weren’t fitting her properly now. If the forum had a 2021 Idiot Noob award, I’d have it locked up by now.

I got the skirt fitting better, and combed out the bangs. They still hold their form but don’t feel stiff and unnatural now.

So, much better overall this time around, and good enough to avoid eBay, at least for now. I still think I’m going to prefer the VS/YM version, though.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Eh, it can happen to anyone. Smile The point is, you got it right in the end.

csyeung

csyeung
So many versions. I only played the old school version so my memory of tifa is a big chibi head haha. The clothing on this does look nice though! What's everyone consensus on best version or are people resorting to mix and matching?

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I only have the Super Duck version in hand, but I’ve watched most of the review videos and/or seen most of the promotional pictures.   I’d say each version does some things really well and other things not so well especially when compared to each other.

I think I still like the VS/YM version the best overall, but now Adeno’s pics and reviews have me looking at the War Story version too, especially since  it comes with the alternate outfit.

Ah, screw it.  I’ll just get all the FF7 Tifas and all the RE3 Jills and have a 1/6 Lockhearts vs Valentines Family Feud.   Laughing

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
The Super Duck Tifa is really growing on me. It will be interesting to see how I feel when the VS/YM version arrives. The battle for Tifa supremacy might be a lot more competitive than I originally expected.

bunnyfreakz

bunnyfreakz
Just got mine. It's pretty okay-ish set but my biggest complaint is head.

It's too chubby, head is little oversize on standard recommended body S10D. It's looks much better on bigger and taller body S42. But you can't put a shoes on that body because seamless feet, duh why? The shoes are not hollow and have a peg inside, so you need a body with ball joint for it.

Unless you can modify the shoes and remove the peg, I think S42 is a better body for it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum