OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Revenge of the Sith - 15th Anniversary

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Revenge of the Sith - 15th Anniversary  Empty Revenge of the Sith - 15th Anniversary Tue May 19, 2020 12:03 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
"This story happened a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. It is already over. Nothing can be done to change it.

It is a story of love and loss, brotherhood and betrayal, courage and sacrifice and the death of dreams. It is a story of the blurred line between our best and our worst.

It is the story of the end of an age.

A strange thing about stories—

Though this all happened so long ago and so far away that words cannot describe the time or the distance, it is also happening right now. Right here.

It is happening as you read these words.

This is how twenty-five millennia come to a close. Corruption and treachery have crushed a thousand years of peace. This is not just the end of a republic; night is falling on civilization itself.

This is the twilight of the Jedi.

The end starts now."

Matthew Stover, Revenge of the Sith

Revenge of the Sith - 15th Anniversary  Img_0319

Revenge of the Sith - 15th Anniversary  Img_0321

Revenge of the Sith - 15th Anniversary  Img_0323

Revenge of the Sith - 15th Anniversary  Img_0318

Revenge of the Sith - 15th Anniversary  Img_0322

Revenge of the Sith - 15th Anniversary  Img_0320

Revenge of the Sith - 15th Anniversary  Img_0316

Revenge of the Sith - 15th Anniversary  Img_0317

Revenge of the Sith - 15th Anniversary  Img_0315

Featuring Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker [unmodified version] and Hot Toys Obi-Wan Kenobi. In honour of the 15th anniversary of the release of Revenge of the Sith, May 19th, 2005. 

***images are very small due to the lightsaber fx app on my phone. Once I have a bit more time I'll update and replace with larger versions.

To accompany your viewing, 'Battle of the Heroes' from the RotS soundtrack: 

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Actually very effective set up! And the lightsaber effects worked out quite nicely.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Very Cool! Well done! Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks, guys. Smile  Thought it was about time I finally did a lightsaber duel. :'D 

It was just a quick, basic shoot for now, but I wanted to share the photos 'as-is' without too many self-deprecating comments for Ovy's sake. ;D 

A few more images of 'The Hero With No Fear' and 'The Negotiator', for "where there is Kenobi, you will always find Skywalker not far behind":

Revenge of the Sith - 15th Anniversary  Img_0327

Revenge of the Sith - 15th Anniversary  Img_0325

Revenge of the Sith - 15th Anniversary  Img_0326

"They’re a team. They’re the team.
And both of them are sure they always will be."

Revenge of the Sith - 15th Anniversary  Img_0324

"Though this is the end of the age of heroes, it has saved its best for last."

Featuring HT Obi-Wan and Anakin, once again with quotes from the RotS novelization. I used an unmodded Anakin here, simply so that he'd 'match' the Obi-Wan in style, but will hopefully revisit the re-haired Anakin again soon. :')

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nicely done, S. The posing and effects work great.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Revenge of the Sith - 15th Anniversary  C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks, Stryker. Just trying to make myself play around more and have fun with posing and taking photos of my figures without worrying so much about the perfectionism side of things. : )

Ovy

Ovy
Wow, 15 years already? They didn't lie, time passes.

Revenge of the Sith - 15th Anniversary  Tumblr_mtbod0So3i1rnymt1o1_400

They look great, it's a silhouette shoot without being silhouettes. The lighting gets the mood just right. Would look even better in 16:9/'cinematic' format. And with a slate plate under their feet. Or whatever they were standing on, droids or pipes or lava resistant scaffolding, I have to give the movies another watch.

Interesting program, I am happy I don't have to shoot characters with laserswords. Or guns with muzzle flash. Man, I am so peaceful!

And thanks for not self-deprecating. xD

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks, Ovy! Yeah I can’t believe it’s been so long either. ;p And good suggestions about what to use for ‘flooring’ next time if I ever revisit this theme in future. : )

P. S. You’re welcome. Wink

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Killer fight scene! The backlit silhouettes look so rad, the poses great, and I dig the glowing light sabre effects. So fun!

Ovy

Ovy
Thinking about the floors, actually that final duel is a hardcore version of 'The floor is lava'.

I get quite some Revenge of the Sith stuff recommended recently for some reason, so I'll just leave this Tarantino style RotS trailer here:

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Thinking about the floors, actually that final duel is a hardcore version of 'The floor is lava'.

Is there any kid out there who HASN’T played that. Very Happy Loved that game when I was little.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
I thought that was real at first. Great photos and nicely put together. Very cool.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
ReverendSpooky -- thanks so much, my friend! The lighting was a quick experiment that turned out better than I'd thought. Glad you like the fighting poses. I really tried to get them looking close to the actual duel as possible. My personal faves are the grappling ones, especially cause those were a b*tch to get right with the HT bodies. Razz 

Ovy -- LOL, yes, the floor is lava indeed. And somehow you always seem to find the most unique youtube vids...or maybe they find you? ;p 

AFM -- wow, thanks for the awesome compliment! happy to know these gave the intended impression.:')

Ephiane

Ephiane
I LOVE lightsaber fights ! Thanks for that Pictures

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:I LOVE lightsaber fights ! Thanks for that Pictures

I honestly don't remember this fight -- must be from the Special Edition version (the original version wasn't that dramatic).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:
Ephiane wrote:I LOVE lightsaber fights ! Thanks for that Pictures

I honestly don't remember this fight -- must be from the Special Edition version (the original version wasn't that dramatic).

You are welcome, Ephiane! Glad I could entertain! :') 

And Stryker -- I believe that is a fan-made video! As far as I recall, even the special edition/edited version didn't change the scene that much.

Ephiane

Ephiane
I like this Video very much, for me it shows the hate Vader has for that what Kenobi did to him.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
@ sky: Ahh, gotcha.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ephiane - yes, I love it too!  I think it also shows how hollow Vader's long-wished-for 'victory' is over Obi-Wan in that moment. It's a great reimagining and makes a nice follow-up to the Mustafar duel in my pics. 

Stryker -- no prob! It's a very well-made fan film!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Funny, I just watched that SC 38 movie before seeing this post. Smile

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
I freakin love that fanmade duel. In every other sense, I really think the original trilogy is perfect as is, but holy crap, that's is so well done. They imbue the fight with such an intensity. It's vicious. And we see 2 masters really throw down. I love seeing them actually using the force like that, and it just so captures how destructive a light-sabre really is. As Skywalkersaga pointed out above, it actually conveys so much about the characters too, and so effectively it's crazy. I'm sure it's a controversial opinion, but it's the only time I've ever seen something that genuinely is an improvement on the original. And I don't mean that as a diss of the original at all. I totally get it being a product of it's time, and it's actually crazy how well it actually does hold up all these years. It just blows my mind that this is fan made, when I've rarely ever seen an actual Hollywood film do a fight that well, and convey so much in it.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
ReverendSpooky wrote:I freakin love that fanmade duel.  In every other sense, I really think the original trilogy is perfect as is, but holy crap, that's is so well done.  They imbue the fight with such an intensity.  It's vicious.  And we see 2 masters really throw down.  I love seeing them actually using the force like that, and it just so captures how destructive a light-sabre really is.  As Skywalkersaga pointed out above, it actually conveys so much about the characters too, and so effectively it's crazy.  I'm sure it's a controversial opinion, but it's the only time I've ever seen something that genuinely is an improvement on the original. And I don't mean that as a diss of the original at all.  I totally get it being a product of it's time, and it's actually crazy how well it actually does hold up all these years.  It just blows my mind that this is fan made, when I've rarely ever seen an actual Hollywood film do a fight that well, and convey so much in it.

Completely agree, Rev! You said it perfectly. It's one of those rare pieces of fanfiction that captures the spirit of the canonical story and characters so well I don't mind absorbing it into my own 'headcanon'.

Ovy

Ovy
I love how the super intense fight contrasts Han's meditative  Death Star experience. xD

I really think Mark Hamil and Ewan McGregor should reshoot some of the old scenes, elderly Hamil starring as whiny young Luke and Ewan being himself.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Just had a chance to re-watch the fan video again on a bigger screen -- and oh my Force, I forgot just how good that is!!! The duel itself is well-choreographed and very in-character -- they even included that lightsaber-throwing move that Anakin does in the Clone Wars [also of course a reference to the final RotJ duel]. The way it's edited especially, how they cleverly spliced some of Vader's lines from Rebels in order to get more actual James Earl Jones voice-over in there. Also, the fact that they reinforced some of the key moments with remembered dialogue from the Obi-Wan vs. Anakin Mustafar duel was just perfect and gave me chills. And finally, how he senses Luke there at the end.....wahhhhhh my heaaaaaaaaaart. Quintessential 'Vaderkin' moment!!!!  :''))

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, that is pretty cool (the fight, I mean). i didn’t really care for the “remembered” dialogue from the prequels, but if they had included that fight sequence in the original film that would have been pretty cool. Unfortunately, without the technology available today — it just wouldn’t have been possible.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum