OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mondo Catwoman review

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mondo Catwoman review Empty Mondo Catwoman review Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:27 pm

michael crawford

Let's get animated tonight with a look at the latest Mondo release in their BTAS series - Catwoman! You can find my review right here:

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-060820a.htm

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

2Mondo Catwoman review Empty Re: Mondo Catwoman review Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:01 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Interesting review. Thanks for sharing, Michael. I think part of the problem with the eyes (and what might be causing the creepy factor), is the flat paint around them. The box art shows the upper lid painted, and if they had done that I think it would have made all of the faces really look good. I like the two versions of Isis — they look appropriate to the style, and look of her from the series.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mondo Catwoman review C8485110

3Mondo Catwoman review Empty Re: Mondo Catwoman review Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:14 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks you for the detailed review. I may be biased in that I'm not into animated style and also have no special attachment to the source, but if the box cover art is the imagery they were going for, they fell woefully short. On the other hand, perhaps that was a more spruced-up version and the animated series actually did have the same features we see recreated here. Even if it is spot on, I find the price pretty insane for this.

4Mondo Catwoman review Empty Re: Mondo Catwoman review Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:54 pm

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks you for the detailed review. I may be biased in that I'm not into animated style and also have no special attachment to the source, but if the box cover art is the imagery they were going for, they fell woefully short. On the other hand, perhaps that was a more spruced-up version and the animated series actually did have the same features we see recreated here. Even if it is spot on, I find the price pretty insane for this.

Gotta agree. this looks like a $30-$60 figure found in toy stores. At $160+ it is way overpriced IMHO. I think Mondo's Gordon Freeman that I just received is overpriced too for what it is. I think Mondo is trying to compete on the high end market with low to mid grade figures. I can forgive that if the quality improves over time but if they get complacent and continue selling OK figures for the price of Excellent figures they will soon lose their customer base.

5Mondo Catwoman review Empty Re: Mondo Catwoman review Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:41 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
jaztermareal wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks you for the detailed review. I may be biased in that I'm not into animated style and also have no special attachment to the source, but if the box cover art is the imagery they were going for, they fell woefully short. On the other hand, perhaps that was a more spruced-up version and the animated series actually did have the same features we see recreated here. Even if it is spot on, I find the price pretty insane for this.

Gotta agree. this looks like a $30-$60 figure found in toy stores. At $160+ it is way overpriced IMHO. I think Mondo's Gordon Freeman that I just received is overpriced too for what it is. I think Mondo is trying to compete on the high end market with low to mid grade figures. I can forgive that if the quality improves over time but if they get complacent and continue selling OK figures for the price of Excellent figures they will soon lose their customer base.

This sounds familiar... oh, yeah: Star Ace. But, people still, unfortunately, buy their overpriced garbage. Companies will never learn unless people speak with their wallets.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mondo Catwoman review C8485110

6Mondo Catwoman review Empty Re: Mondo Catwoman review Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:03 pm

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Stryker2011 wrote:
jaztermareal wrote:

This sounds familiar... oh, yeah: Star Ace. But, people still, unfortunately, buy their overpriced garbage. Companies will never learn unless people speak with their wallets.

I don't think I own any Star Ace figures but was tempted a couple times. From what I have seen they are mixed bag with some decent figures and some, shall we say, not so great figures. Mondo is new to the scene so I will cut them some slack but my future purchases will be dependent on seeing quality improve enough to justify the cost. Fingers crossed as they have some cool licences at the moment (God of War, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Doom Eternal etc etc)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum