OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

1/6th High Simulation Toys BLX201 Lucifer DunHuang Flying Sky series Chang er (Chinese ancient Moon Goddess)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Now that looks pretty cool -- somehow it manages to imbue the non-tactical tease with enough of the air of genuine character and mysticism in a way that others largely lack.

Delanie

Delanie
This one I need.

I am not totally familiar with the Chinese God's and Goddess's but she strikes me especially with the lilly as being similar to one I was introduced to in Thailand (Chinese temple) as the White lady could anyone confirm.

I found that there is so much I didn't know at that temple I hadn't realised for instance that Monkey, Pigsy and 'fishie' were real characters Gods in fact I thought they were just characters from a badly dubbed Tv show as we were growing up.

Sufficed to say I was awe struck quite literally by the temple and its inhabitants

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I love this. Mythology of all kinds is my forte, and that head sculpt is gorgeous.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

1/6th High Simulation Toys BLX201 Lucifer DunHuang Flying Sky series Chang er (Chinese ancient Moon Goddess) C8485110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I can’t be positive, but this seems very familiar to me. I think this is based on a Madamune Shirow illustration— I’m going to have to go through my library to see if I can’t find this.

1/6th High Simulation Toys BLX201 Lucifer DunHuang Flying Sky series Chang er (Chinese ancient Moon Goddess) C8485110

brassco

brassco
Silver...lighting...this one should be burning a hole in my pocket, in this economy...i think the base would be offered separately, but the Moon Goddess would only be complete with it!

brassco

brassco
Delanie wrote:This one I need.

I am not totally familiar with the Chinese God's and Goddess's but she strikes me especially with the lilly as being similar to one I was introduced to in Thailand (Chinese temple) as the White lady could anyone confirm.

I found that there is so much I didn't know at that temple I hadn't realised for instance that Monkey, Pigsy and 'fishie' were real characters Gods in fact I thought they were just characters from a badly dubbed Tv show as we were growing up.

Sufficed to say I was awe struck quite literally by the temple and its inhabitants
1/6th High Simulation Toys BLX201 Lucifer DunHuang Flying Sky series Chang er (Chinese ancient Moon Goddess) Eca86bda374b158cced62c
The White lady from the Thailand temple you visited, should be Guan Yin, not Moon Goddess. This Guan Yin is also known as Bodhisattva Avalokitesvara. She's a Buddha figure popularize by the Chinese. I've never heard of Thailand praying to the Moon Goddess. I also don't think any Chinese figure makers would be so disrespectful to attempt to make the image of Guan Yin like the one this figure portrait.
Monkey and Pigsy are from the Chinese Novel "Journey to the West". They are fictional. The "Fishie" you mentioned, should be the Sand Monk, also fictional. Their master, Tang San Zang, however, is a real person, a monk from the Tang Dynasty.

csyeung

csyeung
Anyone know more about the character this is based on? My google fu was only able to come up with a series of beautiful paintings that looks to be of the same character. 1/6th High Simulation Toys BLX201 Lucifer DunHuang Flying Sky series Chang er (Chinese ancient Moon Goddess) RBVaI1iS6ouAPSEGAACnwPGPiCM501

I agree with Brasso that this is most likely not guanyin from my knowledge of the story. (My poorly abridged version) Guanyin was a princess that studied buddhism but was executed, went to hell and enlightened/saved many of the dead. Was too good so the demons banished her back to earth where she lived in a mountain as a monk. Later elevated to status of bodhisattva.

Delanie

Delanie
Not sure if the one I saw was Guan yin unless I have it wrong the 'white goddess' was depicted as stepping onto a Lilly / lotus andI think should face the entrance door (it was 10 years ago, we were not allowed to take photo's) the temple in question was split into 3 floors : lesser Gods, female Gods (Goddesses) and Male Gods. I remember it was a Chinese temple in Thailand.

As an aside, has anyone read the written description, translation, well I know the seamless figures are extremely lifelike but really, look about 4 paragraphs from the bottom of the page. (I suspect it refers, to the shot where she is seated in the lotus position and I think it means 'Luna cycle' but would be interested in other peoples ideas

brassco

brassco
csyeung wrote:Anyone know more about the character this is based on? My google fu was only able to come up with a series of beautiful paintings that looks to be of the same character. 1/6th High Simulation Toys BLX201 Lucifer DunHuang Flying Sky series Chang er (Chinese ancient Moon Goddess) RBVaI1iS6ouAPSEGAACnwPGPiCM501

This picture of a beautiful eastern goddess was inspired by Dunhuang Murals. See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mogao_Caves
for more info. 
Many artists are painting such beautiful goddesses inspired by these caves painting, to the point where nudity started to appear in some of those paintings, which of course, caused a lot of dissent from scholars of the lost art and religions.

csyeung

csyeung
Thanks Brassco! Interesting read!

csyeung

csyeung
Found it! Asked my mom for some translation and more familiar with Chinese mythology (the translation is a bit about the story and the character's name is on one of the blurbs, not the title). Chang’e (嫦娥) - here is a link to the story if interested. https://mythopedia.com/chinese-mythology/gods/chang-e/

I'm always fascinated by myths and lore as they are kinda like history's super hero stories haha.

Delanie

Delanie
That is really interesting thanks Csyeung.

does anyone know how much this one is and is it up po yet she may not be the Goddess im after but kind of think i may get her

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Delanie wrote:That is really interesting thanks Csyeung.

does anyone know how much this one is and is it up po yet she may not be the Goddess im after but kind of think i may get her

I haven't seen it anywhere yet, and I've been looking, too.

agentghost

agentghost
I didn't know Ancient Chinese wear bikini back then but okay.. where to pre-order this masterpiece for my 2nd bedroom?

brassco

brassco
agentghost wrote:I didn't know Ancient Chinese wear bikini back then but okay.. where to pre-order this masterpiece for my 2nd bedroom?

I don't think that is a bikini...

cuongcodon

cuongcodon
In traditional Chinese mythology, her name is Hang Nga, she lives on the moon and has a palace of her own.
In many asia culture, we call them the Tien Nu meaning nymph or Elf Queen.
I see after Emma is the europe version, this is the Asian Elf Queen version.
She is the most beautiful in heaven, where people who do many good deeds will go on to life when they die.

( you go to hell if you do many bad things like cancel order this product cause it body is censored. Hope I'm not a bad person).

She has a pet named a pearl rabbit. That's why you see rabbits in here.

I hope Lucifer does not censor this product, otherwise it would be a shame.

gooboo

Lucifer seems to prefer the s10/s12 models for their recent products, which don't have detailed genitals, so I wouldn't be surprised if this one was also "censored."

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’ve seen this up at a couple sites. Ahhh, price is... prohibitive for me, I’m afraid.

Timewalker’s prices: Deluxe: $480 USD ($463 PO price); Standard: $310 ($300)

csyeung

csyeung
Yea me too i think. I think it's the use of the real silver jewelry that is bumping the price up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum