OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague:1/6 Spartan Army Commander Spartan Army Commander (3 models in total) PL2020-165A/B/C)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

brassco

csyeung wrote:I've never purchased from the Phicen site. Where is it shipped out of and how much is shipping usually or is it better just to get from other online retailers? (most are priced at 180 shipped)

I've ordered once directly from them, when i was searching for this:

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague:1/6 Spartan Army Commander Spartan Army Commander (3 models in total) PL2020-165A/B/C) - Page 6 20170102140740234023

This item is supposed to be out of stock and out of production. But somehow, by sheer luck, I checked on this website, and noticed a ONE stock availability! I corresponded with the rep, and she told me it is a returned piece due to the damaged box (just a little at the top corner, returned from the shop upon inspection). I replied i am ok with it, and they sold me cheap!! It's like new, other than some very minor issue with the box!

csyeung

brassco wrote:
csyeung wrote:I've never purchased from the Phicen site. Where is it shipped out of and how much is shipping usually or is it better just to get from other online retailers? (most are priced at 180 shipped)

I've ordered once directly from them, when i was searching for this:

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague:1/6 Spartan Army Commander Spartan Army Commander (3 models in total) PL2020-165A/B/C) - Page 6 20170102140740234023

This item is supposed to be out of stock and out of production. But somehow, by sheer luck, I checked on this website, and noticed a ONE stock availability! I corresponded with the rep, and she told me it is a returned piece due to the damaged box (just a little at the top corner, returned from the shop upon inspection). I replied i am ok with it, and they sold me cheap!! It's like new, other than some very minor issue with the box!

Wha? Nice score! That's an amazing figure. I've looked for that one too before, but was nowhere to be found.

Xavion2004

I want a La Muerta and a Robyn Hood so bad.  Not bad enough to pay $700 for one on eBay, but bad.

Diana

@brassco, congratulations!!! I've looked for that figure myself, too, with no (reasonably priced) luck.

venator5

venator5
I am considering the silver one....

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
To those that have the Silver version... can anyone tell me if its an S23B (light suntan) and not S22A pale? Do all 3 versions have the same body?
I saw a loose one (without hands and feet) and its cheaper than a new boxed S23B.

Annalise

Annalise
All 3 versions use the S23B body in suntan and are great figures!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague:1/6 Spartan Army Commander Spartan Army Commander (3 models in total) PL2020-165A/B/C) - Page 6 15img_14

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Gorgeous twins!
Thanks, Annalise!

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
So the seller described the body as "TBL Spartan Silver Edition" and the picture showed a generic (not in-hand) picture of an S23B which I'm 100% familiar with.
What arrived today is definitely not an S23B.
Comparing with my S23 on the right, please help me identify the taller, footless one on the left.
Referencing google pics, it looks like a TBL Viking Woman body... which i really really really really really like!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague:1/6 Spartan Army Commander Spartan Army Commander (3 models in total) PL2020-165A/B/C) - Page 6 S23b-o10

gooboo

Yeah that looks like the Viking Woman body to me. Way better than the s23, in my opinion.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Yeah, that's a VW body (or more likely a Knight Of Fire - exactly the same body, but more widely-available parted out).

Who was the seller? If it's who I think (there's an AliEx seller who seems to have a lot of those Knight Of Fire bodies loose), I think it's an honest mistake as he's usually pretty reliable.

Saturn

Saturn
Knowing the vulnerability of seamless bodies, I'm not brave enough to order a body without original packaging. What is your experience with these, how carefully are they packaged?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Saturn wrote:Knowing the vulnerability of seamless bodies, I'm not brave enough to order a body without original packaging. What is your experience with these, how carefully are they packaged?

It would very much depend on the particular seller and their method of shipping, of course, but most sellers will at least protect the body with bubble wrap. Usual method for most sellers is to place the wrapped body in a plain cardboard box about the size of TBL's own, perhaps lined with bubble wrap itself. I have very occasionally received a body simply put inside a long plastic zip-bag in a box lined with scrunched-up paper, but that's rare (and even then they haven't suffered any significant damage). There's also always the possibility that a parted-out body will have suffered some damage or marking from the costume it was wearing, especially if that costume had to be removed by cutting it off.

And of course, the slower the shipping method, the greater the possibility of transit damage.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Thanks for the info, gooboo & Gee.
Not AliExpress, I bought it from our online marketplace.
So its a Knight Silver body mislabeled as Spartan Silver. What a nice mistake.
The narrow shoulders and meatier thighs are great but i wish it was mid-bust then it would be close to perfect for me.
C'mon TBL!

Saturn

Saturn
Thank you, GeeWillikers!

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
So... my first purchase of a loose Spartan Silver (S23B) body turned out to be a Knight of Fire body in perfect condition.
I purchased a second time two months ago and received a KoF body again, perfect condition.
I purchased a third time last week because i had discount vouchers and a loose S23B body arrived.

Unfortunately there's 3 millimeter (1/8") tear on the left shoulder. I want to return it but having
second thoughts because the seller included the neck-chest strap and chest armor on the body.
I'm thinking maybe the seller tore the shoulder skin trying to remove the armor and just left it as is.
I can just use the body for a fully-clothed bash.

So... anyone knows how to safely remove the tight-fitting chest armor without tearing anything in the process?

csyeung

csyeung
Don't know if this is offtopic, but saw this awesome image on Facebook today. Painted by JeongSeok Lee. Don't know if they used this figure as ref or vice versa but seems to be a newer piece. Pretty cool though.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague:1/6 Spartan Army Commander Spartan Army Commander (3 models in total) PL2020-165A/B/C) - Page 6 28489810

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very nice. I’m pretty sure the art work came before the figure — I’ve seen it awhile ago, anyway. I’ve seen other random figures based on artwork (mostly stuff you’d see on DeviantArt) over the last 15 years or so. Kind of cool, but also kind of crappy, knowing someone’s original art is being ripped off.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague:1/6 Spartan Army Commander Spartan Army Commander (3 models in total) PL2020-165A/B/C) - Page 6 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I second Mark's comments. Nicely spotted, Craig.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum