OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

STAR WARS Customized Bloodfin or Darth Maul rides again

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:Yes.. very clever..the Farce is strong with this one..;-)

Thank you kindly. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

Somehow I missed this earlier (been busy, and the forum is busy, too, lately), but it turned out great! Your improvements are subtle but really do make a difference in terms of the realism.

As for the speeder Anakin rides in AotC, that would probably be the only SW vehicle I'd seriously consider collecting, if only so I could recreate that scene! Have previously considered trying to customise an existing Endor speeder, but even that seems like it would be fairly cost prohibitive (for me, at least).

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Somehow I missed this earlier (been busy, and the forum is busy, too, lately), but it turned out great! Your improvements are subtle but really do make a difference in terms of the realism.

As for the speeder Anakin rides in AotC, that would probably be the only SW vehicle I'd seriously consider collecting, if only so I could recreate that scene! Have previously considered trying to customise an existing Endor speeder, but even that seems like it would be fairly cost prohibitive (for me, at least).

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it, Sky. I think most of the credit goes to Hasbro (or was it still Kenner when they started?), for making a good sized and decently detailed rendition of the movie vehicle. The one part where the detail was definitely not fine enough -- judging by comparison with what I have seen of the HT one -- are the pedals, which are far more solid/wide here. I think the paint left something to be desired, and this is what I aimed at improving -- making it darker and more metallic. More patience and creativity would have done more justice to the wiring, etc., under the openable hatch, but I just settled for silvering up some of the details. They never actually made the Maul speeder in 1:1, I think, the actor rode a blue-packaged object of approximately that shape that was replaced with the speeder digitally in post-production.

Anakin's speeder is pretty cool, although it looks so much more like an exotic motorcycle to me (thereby reducing the sci fi otherworldliness in my mind). I am a little surprised Hasbro and Sideshow have failed to make one (I'm assuming they have indeed failed to make one). Perhaps HT will -- they have released Anakin figures, but I'm sure you've noticed how much they love to re-release stuff with minimal changes. Then again, by the time they do something like this, the prices might be astronomical. Sad The Endor speeder by Hasbro was very nice. It was not as refined as the Sideshow one, but neither was quite perfect. Sideshow's was perhaps a little too short, Hasbro's was a little too wide; the truth lies somewhere in-between. My point was that if, like me, you can find the Hasbro speeder for a decent price, you can improve it or potentially use it to make the other one (I have no idea how easily, and don't imagine it to be easy). But prices on these have shot up over the years. There is (or was) one advertised in our own classifieds section. I think you already know all this, but here is Paul's (scalawag) thread again (can't find my own) --
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t191-sideshow-star-wars-speeder-bike-and-biker-scout

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Ephiane

Man, I´m so envious on Your Darth Maul. Very Happy . He has moveable eyes, different facial expressions ..... and now he has a speed bike.  scifi - STAR WARS Customized Bloodfin or Darth Maul rides again - Page 2 1f60d

There are sooo many fantastic STAR WARS figures on the way. HT most. So expensive.... that will be a hard time for Your wallet. Ashoka Tano with moveable eyes, oh Hell i want her. I really like to see a Lightsabre duel Tano vs Maul. Hope You will show it to us.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Man, I´m so envious on Your Darth Maul. Very Happy . He has moveable eyes, different facial expressions ..... and now he has a speed bike.  scifi - STAR WARS Customized Bloodfin or Darth Maul rides again - Page 2 1f60d

There are sooo many fantastic STAR WARS figures on the way. HT most. So expensive.... that will be a hard time for Your wallet. Ashoka Tano with moveable eyes, oh Hell i want her. I really like to see a Lightsabre duel Tano vs Maul. Hope You will show it to us.

Thank you very much, Ephiane. Well, between the excellence of the head and the repeated attempts to make a new one (damn inspirational Kotobukiya statue!), I picked up a lot of parted-out pieces, including the two movable eye HT heads. But I was too cheap to go for the HT Bloodfin, hence the Hasbro mod. I like the Ahsoka Tano figure (for Rosario Dawson?), although I am not all that attached to that character, not having really watched the animated series. After Lando and the new Shore Trooper, I only have a couple of SW pre-orders left; but I did reconstitute a couple of clone troopers recently.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Don´t want to highjack Darth Mauls Thread. But there are two. Both with moveable Eyeballs Laughing

The Comic version looks not bad to me next to Anakin. The other is from the madalorian.

scifi - STAR WARS Customized Bloodfin or Darth Maul rides again - Page 2 Ahsoka11
scifi - STAR WARS Customized Bloodfin or Darth Maul rides again - Page 2 Ahsoka10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh right, to tell you frankly I forgot there were two versions. Don't know which one I like more. Looks like they used the same face sculpt.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Oh right, to tell you frankly I forgot there were two versions. Don't know which one I like more. Looks like they used the same face sculpt.

They aren’t really the same exact sculpt, but it is pretty obvious that they did attempt to make the “younger” Ahsoka look a bit like RD. Like you, I haven’t watched any of the animated series, and don’t have a connection to the character, but I did PO both of the HT Ahsoka’s — just because it’s a cool looking Star Wars female alien — and we have so few of them. I’ll probably add the Clone Wars Ahsoka to my Strykerverse characters.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

scifi - STAR WARS Customized Bloodfin or Darth Maul rides again - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:They aren’t really the same exact sculpt, but it is pretty obvious that they did attempt to make the “younger” Ahsoka look a bit like RD. Like you, I haven’t watched any of the animated series, and don’t have a connection to the character, but I did PO both of the HT Ahsoka’s — just because it’s a cool looking Star Wars female alien — and we have so few of them. I’ll probably add the Clone Wars Ahsoka to my Strykerverse characters.

Very cool. I look forward to see them in your collection. Perhaps as Jabba's colorful guests, posing as a music duo? Wink

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:They aren’t really the same exact sculpt, but it is pretty obvious that they did attempt to make the “younger” Ahsoka look a bit like RD. Like you, I haven’t watched any of the animated series, and don’t have a connection to the character, but I did PO both of the HT Ahsoka’s — just because it’s a cool looking Star Wars female alien — and we have so few of them. I’ll probably add the Clone Wars Ahsoka to my Strykerverse characters.

Very cool. I look forward to see them in your collection. Perhaps as Jabba's colorful guests, posing as a music duo? Wink

Oddly enough, I got in on the custom Ahsoka project (much younger than either of the HT versions as far as a head sculpt) that was started just a couple weeks before HT announced their Clone Wars version, and I didn't feel right canceling it (so I currently have an unpainted head waiting to be tackled). I was actually thinking about adding her, with a completely different skin tone, to Jabba's palace as a "serving wench" (sorry, Ladies) just for $@!ts and giggles.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

scifi - STAR WARS Customized Bloodfin or Darth Maul rides again - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Oddly enough, I got in on the custom Ahsoka project (much younger than either of the HT versions as far as a head sculpt) that was started just a couple weeks before HT announced their Clone Wars version, and I didn't feel right canceling it (so I currently have an unpainted head waiting to be tackled). I was actually thinking about adding her, with a completely different skin tone, to Jabba's palace as a "serving wench" (sorry, Ladies) just for $@!ts and giggles.

So you'll be having three Ahsokas, then? Maybe they can go on a group date with my three Mauls? Wink Also, the general shape of Ahsoka's headgear (or is it part of her head) reminds me a little bit of that plus-sized human? dancer from Jabba's palace.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum