OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

finally got some stuff done again

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1finally got some stuff done again Empty finally got some stuff done again Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:41 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
hi folks, its been a while.

had to blow off a little dust of my 3d printer and finished some stuff i had laying around for almost a year.

for now i stick to the fallout theme, though i have some resident evil figures on the side as well.

the incentive came on another fallout new vegas playthrough. it may be old but with all the mods its a hell of a blast.

the mr handy took the longest to print but compared to the one available at bethesda´s shop i think its holding up pretty well for being at a fracture of the cost. if i had to guess i´d say 5-7$ in filament.

hope you like the addition to my collection.

oh and i´ve tried myself with a bit of "sewing" or at least what passes for it when you chuck a couple of beers and grab a needle and some thread.
all the clothing on the figure, from the vault suit to the coat and duffle bag is self made, without a proper machine though sadly.
but the zippers on the suits are fully functional so i guess thats a plus Very Happy
in comparison to the old one i had custom made for 100€ by a seamstress i´d like to think it didn´t turn out to shabby Embarassed
by the way the one with the "111" in gold on the back is from the seamstress.

plus i didn´t want to waste money on some 1/6 stuff i was going to weather and cut up anyways, ironically after hours and blisters on my fingers i didn´t want to damage the
self made vault suit as well  Rolling Eyes

finally got some stuff done again Nv110

finally got some stuff done again Nv210

finally got some stuff done again Nv310

finally got some stuff done again Nv410

finally got some stuff done again Nv510

finally got some stuff done again Nv610

finally got some stuff done again Nv710

thanks for watching,

best regards
tjolnir

2finally got some stuff done again Empty Re: finally got some stuff done again Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:55 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Not bad. Good to see some new figures from you. The ragged duster is my favorite.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

finally got some stuff done again C8485110

3finally got some stuff done again Empty Re: finally got some stuff done again Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:11 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
thanks, glad you like it. the duster is what remains of an old pants from my wife Wink the few real one 1/6 dusters i found were quite pricey only to be cut up amd weathered, so i gave it a shot. but hey, the pockets are functional at least Smile

i was very lucky to find a good pancor jackhammer model to print, haven't had any luck with a manucatured one yet, and i'm a sucker for shotguns

4finally got some stuff done again Empty Re: finally got some stuff done again Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:15 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
I didn't get the chance to play much of New Vegas but I've had a blast with Fallout 3 and 4. That's a pretty good suit and duffle bag for being made from scratch with limited resources, and I totally dig the Mr. Handy! I like the other custom Fallout themed work you've created as well, glad you're getting back to it.

5finally got some stuff done again Empty Re: finally got some stuff done again Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:33 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
well fallout new vegas still runs fine with windows 10, so you got all the time in the world to dive into it. and dirt cheap at that as well. in terms of feel and atmosphere fallout 1&2 are unmatched even if the type of isometric top down game didn't age well. fallout new vegas came from a lot of people who worked on the originals thus catching that vibe of old the best.

plus by now all the essential mods run as stable as it gets for a ten year old bethesda game Wink

6finally got some stuff done again Empty Re: finally got some stuff done again Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:07 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The figure, clothing, and accessories all came out great! And I hope you got your wife's permission before doing that to her old pants! Smile

7finally got some stuff done again Empty Re: finally got some stuff done again Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:37 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
again, my thanks.
yeah the misses gave me permission, actually it was among two whole crates of clothing she was going to discard anyways and even asked if there was any stuff useful for my hobby.
we keep a nice balance where i don't ask how one needs 50 pair of shoes when you only got 2 feet and she's not questioning the reason as to why another 500€ power armor figure needs to be put in the man cave Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum