OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

rollotomasi

This is my first HT Wonder Woman in classic armor!
The first thing i did was remove the tiara, wanted to see how much Gal is in the sculpt.
I don't mind the sculpted hair, but like my usual rant, hair should be darker!
I'd really like to swap the heads, put the tiara on the Golden Armor head but I'm afraid of messing up the nice out-of-the-box hair.

WonderWoman - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 Ww84x210  WonderWoman - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 Ww84-n10

Stryker2012

Founding Father
The face sculpt looks beautiful. I know the debate gets tiring, but if it were me, I’d pull an Ian and heat up that head and pull that sculpted hair off and add real, then you can get it not only darker, but put the tiara back on.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Yep, Ian would pull an Ian too. Smile But she does look beautiful. By now there are a number of third party heads (NR being the best?) that are about as good, so you have additional options, if you are not up to rehairing or want to preserve the original as is.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

If you wear nitrile gloves when handling the headsculpt you can probably minimize messing up the hair too much.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
@Stryker & Gub, nah I don't have the guts to pull an Ian.
Speaking of 3rd party heads, I'll have to get one of those side-glancing recast heads.
Only NR & JX are in the headsculpt database, I think JX looks better painted than NR.
No TTToys Gal yet in the database. I found 2 short videos of the in-hand head.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004760673741.html

@Sky, thanks for the tip! I just remembered I have a box of powder-free latex gloves.

@BAM, Disappointing in what way? That the joints tore when left in a bent pose?
I don't own any of the previous WW's but the TPE HT body looks great sculpt-wise, especially the collar bone detail.

Zurdoz

Zurdoz
rollotomasi wrote:This is my first HT Wonder Woman in classic armor!
The first thing i did was remove the tiara, wanted to see how much Gal is in the sculpt.
I don't mind the sculpted hair, but like my usual rant, hair should be darker!
I'd really like to swap the heads, put the tiara on the Golden Armor head but I'm afraid of messing up the nice out-of-the-box hair.

WonderWoman - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 Ww84x210  WonderWoman - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 Ww84-n10

Definite congratz! I still haven’t opened up mines yet Laughing but from what I can tell based on everyone’s photos and reviews this is looking to be my fav movie WW figure! Agree, I don’t mind the sculpted hair either. Haha yeah I want to swap the heads too, but even then I get a bit anxious when popping heads/hands on and off figures Laughing

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I am SO confused. Where did this latest “classic armor” version come from? I thought there was only one HT Wonder Woman 1984?

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Yes there's only 1 WW84 figure.
Technically my first HT WW is the Golden Armor so I was just stating that this WW84 is my first WW in "classic" red & gold armor
since I intentionally passed on the BVS, JL & Comics Concept versions.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
rollotomasi wrote:Yes there's only 1 WW84 figure.
Techically my first HT WW is the Golden Armor so I was just stating that this WW84 is my first WW in "classic" red & gold armor
since I intentionally passed on the BVS, JL & Comics Concept versions.

Okay, so now I can at least narrow down my confusion.  Granted, my photography skills (or lack thereof) could make Miss Spetsnaz look like Svetlana (turn of the century Dragon Toys female figure for those not close to retirement age), but if you look at the pick of my figure earlier in the thread, yours and mine may have the same sculpt, but they definitely don’t have the same paint apps.

I checked on You Tube, and in general, those that were reviewed three months ago look like mine, and those that were reviewed three weeks ago look like yours, so maybe there was a running change?.  Or to put it another way…

WAH!!!  Yours is prettier than mine!!!   Laughing

Edit:  I went over to Sideshow Freaks and looked through the last ten pages of the WW thread.  I see nothing from all of the pics posted, including from those that just recently received the figure, to support my little conspiracy theory.  They all look like alike, and they all look like mine.  I guess I’ll chalk it up to excellent photography.  The picture of her next to the Golden Armor WW is especially stunning.

Zurdoz

Zurdoz
I finally got around to assessing this WW figure! It’s Wonderful indeed! The figure overall is very nice, and certainly an improvement over HT’s previous versions. The seamless overlay feels great and tough, it seems more durable than the previous WW bodies.

WonderWoman - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 A23W59n

WonderWoman - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 Oe9TJQu

WonderWoman - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 PrFN8zH

WonderWoman - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 S5chWPW

WonderWoman - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 QW9zACf

I did run into a minor issue - One of the gripping hands split apart in the middle when I attempted to spread apart the fingers to insert a sword. The HT glue gave out, but no biggie I’ll just apply some stronger glue.

WonderWoman - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 Img_1610

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, she's a winner -- or at least as much as she can be with molded hair. I had the same issue with a Mandalorian hand, but wasn't sure whether it was on purpose or damaged.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great looking figure!

Diana

Diana
Oh she's beautiful! Her skin seems very smooth compared to the WW in Training Armour I once had. That body looked amazing with beautiful texture, but was super stiff and no fun to pose. I would trade it skin texture for joy in articulation any time. Smile

Zurdoz

Zurdoz
GubernatorFan wrote:Yes, she's a winner -- or at least as much as she can be with molded hair. I had the same issue with a Mandalorian hand, but wasn't sure whether it was on purpose or damaged.

Yep yep yep!! Though I do agree, the molded hair severely limits pose-ability. Hmm, yeah I do recall reading others having issues with the Mando hands.

BAMComix wrote:Great looking figure!

WonderWoman - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: WONDER WOMAN 1984 WONDER WOMAN 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE - Page 3 1f44d

Diana wrote:Oh she's beautiful! Her skin seems very smooth compared to the WW in Training Armour I once had. That body looked amazing with beautiful texture, but was super stiff and no fun to pose. I would trade it skin texture for joy in articulation any time. Smile

Beautiful indeed! Smile Yup, the previous bodies did have more definition compared to this newer one; but HT stated this one has silicone so perhaps they weren’t able put as much detail in (plus they don’t foray into these types of seamless techniques all too often).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum