OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mondo Mecha Spiderman (Evangelion) figures

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Thought I should make a dedicated thread for these since I posted them in the Mondo Halo topic.

The Mondo Mecha figures are finally coming. The first release is the Spiderman in standard red/blue color scheme and exclusive black/white scheme. There are sculpt differences between the two (different heads) so not not entirely a simple repaint, making both figures worth getting.

Mondo Mecha Spiderman (Evangelion) figures Sdcc2014
Mondo Mecha Spiderman (Evangelion) figures Sdcc2013

Both will be up for order in November priced at $150 each.

The bad news is that they appear to listed as 10 inch figures. The prototype previously shown at events was listed as 12 inches and looked like it would reach 13 inches if stood straight so I am hoping the 10 inch label was an error. If not they are a major downgrade but would still look great with Play Arts figures they just would look small next to 12 inch figures.
Mondo Mecha Spiderman (Evangelion) figures Dsc04910
Mondo Mecha Spiderman (Evangelion) figures Mondo-10
Mondo Mecha Spiderman (Evangelion) figures Mondo-11

The next releases in the line should be Captain America, Black Panther and Batman

Mondo Mecha Spiderman (Evangelion) figures Mondo-13
Mondo Mecha Spiderman (Evangelion) figures Mondo-14
Mondo Mecha Spiderman (Evangelion) figures Mondo-12

Mondo Mecha Spiderman (Evangelion) figures Img_5810
Mondo Mecha Spiderman (Evangelion) figures Img_6011
Mondo Mecha Spiderman (Evangelion) figures Img_6010

(all toy show pics from previous years)

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
In other good news it seems the Vientiane Toys League of Machina Fearless Captain America 1:6 figure is not cancelled but will be going into production after Vientiane Toys next release. Fingers crossed that holds true

Mondo Mecha Spiderman (Evangelion) figures 91a52110
Mondo Mecha Spiderman (Evangelion) figures Ee3f7d10
Mondo Mecha Spiderman (Evangelion) figures 0f977e10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They do look sixth-scale in the photos, but like you say they may be older prototypes.

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
GubernatorFan wrote:They do look sixth-scale in the photos, but like you say they may be older prototypes.

They did say 12 inch on their labels at previous shows so it was definitely the plan before. I am really hoping the "10 inch" is an error otherwise I will cry.

EDIT:
just minutes after posting this comment I got a response from Mondo:

=================
"Thanks so much for reaching out and great question! I just heard back from the collectibles team and they said 10" is correct and will most likely be the case for all Mecha. : )"
=================

I replied to express my disappointment and told them that I was fully ready to order based on what they had shown at previous conventions so asked that they at the very least re-consider making future releases at a larger size. doubt they will though. Oh well, a few hundred dollars saved.

agentghost

agentghost
jaztermareal wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:They do look sixth-scale in the photos, but like you say they may be older prototypes.

They did say 12 inch on their labels at previous shows so it was definitely the plan before. I am really hoping the "10 inch" is an error otherwise I will cry.

EDIT:
just minutes after posting this comment I got a response from Mondo:

=================
"Thanks so much for reaching out and great question! I just heard back from the collectibles team and they said 10" is correct and will most likely be the case for all Mecha. : )"
=================

I replied to express my disappointment and told them that I was fully ready to order based on what they had shown at previous conventions so asked that they at the very least re-consider making future releases at a larger size. doubt they will though. Oh well, a few hundred dollars saved.

so it is play arts kai scale. Thanks for the info. PO placed

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
agentghost wrote:

so it is play arts kai scale.  Thanks for the info.  PO placed

Yeah, will look great next to Play Arts figures.

bunnyfreakz

bunnyfreakz
IDk those looks so odd. Better off produce an original design mecha that this weird combination of superhero with japanese mechs.

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
bunnyfreakz wrote:IDk those looks so odd. Better off produce an original design mecha that this weird combination of superhero with japanese mechs.

I personally love mashups so were these 12-13 inches tall I would love them.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
These looks so cool. I'm with you brother, if these are not 12", "i be crying next to you buddy.

navetsea

that unpainted grey Capt America looks lot better than that Stardust memory, optimus prime Capt.

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
navetsea wrote:that unpainted grey Capt America looks lot better than that Stardust memory, optimus prime Capt.

I agree, the Vientiane Toys one looks way better but I still like the Transformer styled cap

actionfiguremovies2 wrote:These looks so cool. I'm with you brother, if these are not 12", "i be crying next to you buddy.

Time to cry I'm afraid. hope they change their mind about the size

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum