OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: EsansToy & Zenpunk: 1/6 scale Vincent Willem van Gogh (Standard & Exclusive Edition)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
EsansToy x Zenpunk - 1/6 scale Vincent Willem van Gogh Standard Edition

features:
-Van Gogh head
-Action Body
-Shirt
-Waistcoat
-Suit coat
-Trousers
-leather shoes
-Oil Painting:The Starry Night (1889)
-Paintbox with easel
-Palette
-Oil painting brush x 3
-Oil painting tube x 6
-Turpentine bottle
-Scrubbing brush
-Campstool

NEW PRODUCT: EsansToy & Zenpunk: 1/6 scale Vincent Willem van Gogh (Standard & Exclusive Edition) 11336
NEW PRODUCT: EsansToy & Zenpunk: 1/6 scale Vincent Willem van Gogh (Standard & Exclusive Edition) 2661
NEW PRODUCT: EsansToy & Zenpunk: 1/6 scale Vincent Willem van Gogh (Standard & Exclusive Edition) 3436
NEW PRODUCT: EsansToy & Zenpunk: 1/6 scale Vincent Willem van Gogh (Standard & Exclusive Edition) 4394
NEW PRODUCT: EsansToy & Zenpunk: 1/6 scale Vincent Willem van Gogh (Standard & Exclusive Edition) 5377
NEW PRODUCT: EsansToy & Zenpunk: 1/6 scale Vincent Willem van Gogh (Standard & Exclusive Edition) 6359
NEW PRODUCT: EsansToy & Zenpunk: 1/6 scale Vincent Willem van Gogh (Standard & Exclusive Edition) 7349
NEW PRODUCT: EsansToy & Zenpunk: 1/6 scale Vincent Willem van Gogh (Standard & Exclusive Edition) 8331
NEW PRODUCT: EsansToy & Zenpunk: 1/6 scale Vincent Willem van Gogh (Standard & Exclusive Edition) 9316
NEW PRODUCT: EsansToy & Zenpunk: 1/6 scale Vincent Willem van Gogh (Standard & Exclusive Edition) 10298
NEW PRODUCT: EsansToy & Zenpunk: 1/6 scale Vincent Willem van Gogh (Standard & Exclusive Edition) 11337
NEW PRODUCT: EsansToy & Zenpunk: 1/6 scale Vincent Willem van Gogh (Standard & Exclusive Edition) 12265
NEW PRODUCT: EsansToy & Zenpunk: 1/6 scale Vincent Willem van Gogh (Standard & Exclusive Edition) 13249
NEW PRODUCT: EsansToy & Zenpunk: 1/6 scale Vincent Willem van Gogh (Standard & Exclusive Edition) 14229
NEW PRODUCT: EsansToy & Zenpunk: 1/6 scale Vincent Willem van Gogh (Standard & Exclusive Edition) 15212
NEW PRODUCT: EsansToy & Zenpunk: 1/6 scale Vincent Willem van Gogh (Standard & Exclusive Edition) 16200
NEW PRODUCT: EsansToy & Zenpunk: 1/6 scale Vincent Willem van Gogh (Standard & Exclusive Edition) 17190
NEW PRODUCT: EsansToy & Zenpunk: 1/6 scale Vincent Willem van Gogh (Standard & Exclusive Edition) 18177
NEW PRODUCT: EsansToy & Zenpunk: 1/6 scale Vincent Willem van Gogh (Standard & Exclusive Edition) 27820210

EsansToy x Zenpunk - 1/6 scale Vincent Willem van Gogh Exclusive Edition

features:
-Van Gogh head
-Action Body
-Shirt
-Waistcoat
-Suit coat
-Trousers
-leather shoes
-Oil Painting:The Starry Night (1889)
-Paintbox with easel
-Palette
-Oil painting brush x 3
-Oil painting tube x 6
-Turpentine bottle
-Scrubbing brush
-Campstool

Exclusive Edition Description
-Straw hat
-Green coat
-Another Van Gogh bandage-head & pipe - Oil Painting:Sunflower 1889 (F457)

NEW PRODUCT: EsansToy & Zenpunk: 1/6 scale Vincent Willem van Gogh (Standard & Exclusive Edition) 11338
NEW PRODUCT: EsansToy & Zenpunk: 1/6 scale Vincent Willem van Gogh (Standard & Exclusive Edition) 2662
NEW PRODUCT: EsansToy & Zenpunk: 1/6 scale Vincent Willem van Gogh (Standard & Exclusive Edition) 3437
NEW PRODUCT: EsansToy & Zenpunk: 1/6 scale Vincent Willem van Gogh (Standard & Exclusive Edition) 4395
NEW PRODUCT: EsansToy & Zenpunk: 1/6 scale Vincent Willem van Gogh (Standard & Exclusive Edition) 27820211

#newproduct #EsansToy #Zenpunk #VincentvanGogh #male #historical #artist

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very cool. The head sculpt is slightly impressionistic, but then again the artist had a haggard look, and it is appropriate. Perhaps they could have had a swappable intact and half-severed left ear. Smile But I like these sets.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Looks great to me, with compliments to EsansToy & Zenpunk for thinking outside the box.

It's interesting that they had to apply a form of weathering that we probably haven't seen before -- oil paint spills on him, rather than dirt or climate -- and they did a good job of it (though maybe they made him out more clumsy and careless with paint than need be). The headsculpt is emotionally effective but as GubernatorFan observes, it's not exactly life-realistic. Fine by me, but it may disappoint anyone who wants to display him interacting with other figures -- which would include any Whovians using him to stage Vincent and the Doctor, as I imagine someone will. Then again those are Big Chief sculpts, so they're no great shakes either (and unlike the artistic reasons for doing Vincent Van Gogh impressionistically, Big Chief has no excuse).

Starry Night should be 29" x 36" and Sunflower is 36" x 29", so they seem significantly underscale. More importantly I really can't tell from the photographs whether they have made any effort towards texture, which would really make a difference on something like this. If there is a slight 3D effort towards irregular brushstrokes, that would be great. If there is just an unconvincing "geometric pattern dots and bumps" which you sometimes see on knick-knack mini-paintings, that will hurt the figure's impact in hand. It has to have brushstoke texture not just canvas texture (and if the paintings are just pure flat printouts, that would be awful). They are a pretty central accessory here.

I think there is great room for figures of historical artists etc. as long as the artist had a strongly defined, immediately recognizable look. To the benefit of manufacturers, they can evoke strong pre-existing emotional connections, with no royalty or licensing fees. I've always wanted someone to do William Shakespeare. And I can't believe no one ever made Leonardo da Vinci, when he would have the advantages of a) a bunch of pre-existing wooden models, some of them 1/6th scale; and b) the bonus of an Assassin's Creed connection.

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
this is different and very nice indeed. As already stated above, great use of weathering with oil paint etc. He has too many ears though! Well, half an ear more! Smile

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

brassco

brassco
oh man! I've been a fan of Van Gogh (pronounced something like "Van Hock") ever since i took interest in paintings. Is the ear detachable? how good will the final product be? I like a close up look at his paint brushes and pencils, if there is. 

The next artist i hoped they come up with is Monet! (with his wife if possible).

Valiarde

Valiarde
Slight resemblance with Tywin Lannister on some shots.
Interesting take, the market seems ever growing with themes and ideas. Maybe we will find our hobby to be more mainstream in the future and every household will have a high quality figure of their favourite musician, sport star etc. Smile

Valiarde

Valiarde
brassco wrote:oh man! I've been a fan of Van Gogh (pronounced something like "Van Hock") ever since i took interest in paintings. Is the ear detachable? how good will the final product be? I like a close up look at his paint brushes and pencils, if there is. 

The next artist i hoped they come up with is Monet! (with his wife if possible).

Monet is also one of my favourites. Went to some exhibistions here and my mother always has a monet print in the living room. Don't know if I need a figure of him though. But I like the options

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh wow, very interesting choice of subject matter, I love it! I do agree the paintings seem a tad undersized, but the concept is wonderful. Reminds me of the film Loving Vincent, which was paintstakingly animated via oil paintings.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Delanie

Delanie
the head sculpt reminds me a bit of Charles Dance

Ovy

Ovy
Delanie wrote:the head sculpt reminds me a bit of Charles Dance
That's the one I was looking for, totally agree.

Really like that unique stylized impressonistic headsculpt...so I hope it makes someone else who buys it happy.  Very Happy
Might be a great expensive gift for a painter.
I also get Loving Vincent Vibes, although everything related to Vincent should remind one of the film.

shazzdan

shazzdan
GubernatorFan wrote:Very cool. The head sculpt is slightly impressionistic, but then again the artist had a haggard look, and it is appropriate. Perhaps they could have had a swappable intact and half-severed left ear. Smile But I like these sets.

I think it is terribly sad that he is primarily remembered for his mangled ear. Instead of a second head sculpt, I would rather they put more effort into those paintings. At the very least they could be reproduced in the correct scale, but some texturing would add extra coolness.

Overall I like this and hope we see more historical figures like it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum