OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mr Toys Barbarian Set B (MT-2018-03) review (updated)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:That’s a pretty cool looking Rancor (that’s the Hasbro version, correct).

Correct, the Hasbro version (but there are more than one). This one is probably this:
https://www.amazon.com/Star-Black-Jabbas-Rancor-Exclusive/dp/B011HRF7MK/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=hasbro+rancor&qid=1602553938&sr=8-6 (I think I had found it loose and parted out).

Here is how he looks next to a 6-inch figure and a 3.75-inch figure; although designed for the latter, he could pretty much work with the former too:
warrior - Mr Toys Barbarian Set B (MT-2018-03) review (updated) - Page 2 Rancor10

I am disappointed there isn't any joint in the elbows or knees, but it is otherwise a pretty cool rendition.

Yikes! $260 for a Hasbro figure?! Looks like I won’t be getting one of those as a gag — that’s insane!

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Yikes! $260 for a Hasbro figure?! Looks like I won’t be getting one of those as a gag — that’s insane!

Well, yes, I would agree. But I meant if you found him parted out for a much more reasonable price.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

doodlehobby

Tjolnir wrote:thank you for the detailed review.
while i practically grew up on motu and the entire line back in the 80s, i have to say this interpretation of he-man leaves me completly cold.
masters of the universe for me is the very toys i played with and a while back mattel did a good job with the classics figures, which sadly nowadays cost a fortune or you have to find someone selling his entire collection for private reasons at a reasonable price.

personally i think motu doesn´t work in the 1/6 scale for neither price nor scale would allow for the vehicles that made the line great (again, pure personal preference)
from what i´ve read so far even the 1/12 snake mountain (for me THE playset back in the 80s) is around 1000€ give or take, shipping costs not included.

oddly enough even the exact 1/6 copy of he-mans head from the 80s looks "wrong" on a 1/6 muscle body. but again, that´s just me.

to think i´d go army build my favorite faction of snake men or horde troopers, my wife would give me the boot for sure Razz

kind regards
tjolnir
A little off topic: Not sure if this would interest you, but there is the Mega Construx Masters of the Universe line. Smaller footprint and more playable.

Tjolnir

thanks for the tip, i prefer the original toys look though.
my inner child was tempted with the origins line mattel released recently, but owning the "essential" figures from the classics line i opted for necas cartoon accurate tmnt figures.
havent had good tmnt figures in quite a while and super7 is far to expensive to collect the essential cast, let alone army build foot soldiers.
motu classics were the closest reinterpretation in an adult quality we had so far, origins on the other hand would be a thing to buy double and give one set to your child to play, while you collect your childhood memories properly Wink
though i wager from a childs perspective, what good would be toys if you don't play with them =)
cheers

ZombieTestSubject

There's usually not much to be said about reviews, besides something like "makes sense" etc, but I like the cool photos which are both nice and informative. And the Rancor taming is hilarious. He wont make a classic He Man for sure, tho still a sweet fantasy warrior.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ZombieTestSubject wrote:There's usually not much to be said about reviews, besides something like "makes sense" etc, but I like the cool photos which are both nice and informative. And the Rancor taming is hilarious. He wont make a classic He Man for sure, tho still a sweet fantasy warrior.

Thank you very much. I think there is plenty that could be said about reviews (and reviewers appreciate it), just as you did above. Glad you liked it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum