OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Joffrey GoT sixth scale figure review

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Joffrey GoT sixth scale figure review Empty Joffrey GoT sixth scale figure review Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:46 pm

michael crawford

If there was one character you loved to hate on Game of Thrones, it was Joffrey Baratheon. Happy to say I love the figure more than the character - check out my review of the new ThreeZero release:

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-101920a.htm

or you can find it with the rest at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for the detailed review. As so often, I only picked up some of the parted-out pieces, so it's nice to appreciate it as a whole.

csyeung

csyeung
Thanks for the detailed review! Kudos to the writers and the actor for making him such a vile character. I don't think I could stand having him in my collection. The piece itself seems to have captured the character nicely.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Good review, Michael. That helmet hair does look bad in the closeups, but I imagine it might not be as noticeable at normal viewing distance. But, like csyeung, I couldn’t imagine having such a despicable character in my collection.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Joffrey GoT sixth scale figure review C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
He looks pretty good. And yes, the sculpted hair is really obvious, though it just occurred to me how much the design here resembles the hair on a Roman Emperor sculpture (think Nero or Augustus or something)... so maybe it kinda works? lol.

From a customizing perspective, I wonder if he could work for Ovy's quest to find smaller and more youthful characters for his world...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

6Joffrey GoT sixth scale figure review Empty Re: Joffrey GoT sixth scale figure review Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:07 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Caligula. I believe it was a meme how much Joffrey resembled a modern color-restoration of a statue of Caligula.

Joffrey GoT sixth scale figure review TOP5A3-Q2mjOznWoReQ6P7OMN_q3x19c4mAY8VZ0idI

Joffrey GoT sixth scale figure review Caligula_Rekonstruktion_Polychromie

7Joffrey GoT sixth scale figure review Empty Re: Joffrey GoT sixth scale figure review Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:22 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ha, that's it! Thanks! Very Happy

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ovy

Ovy
skywalkersaga wrote:He looks pretty good. And yes, the sculpted hair is really obvious, though it just occurred to me how much the design here resembles the hair on a Roman Emperor sculpture (think Nero or Augustus or something)... so maybe it kinda works? lol.

From a customizing perspective, I wonder if he could work for Ovy's quest to find smaller and more youthful characters for his world...

Haha, thanks for looking out for me. The set really has some intresting stuff, like the beautiful costume or that crossbow (for my cargo people.)
But it's still a bit too pricey for me, the head doesn't look like it will be sold parted out or recast. In season four, the actor is in his early to mid twenties btw.

Thanks for the review, also think that they had a great idea with the crown there, although not perfectly executed.  Don't know how it could have been done otherwise, real factory hair doesn't seem like it would work here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum