OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Swtoys FS038 1/6 Scale Ms J figure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Features:

Head sculpt

Figure body w/ 4 pair of hands

Full suit set as picture

Pistol

Mask

Cigarette

Flower

SWToys - NEW PRODUCT: Swtoys FS038 1/6 Scale Ms J figure 43d88a10
SWToys - NEW PRODUCT: Swtoys FS038 1/6 Scale Ms J figure 69b76f10
SWToys - NEW PRODUCT: Swtoys FS038 1/6 Scale Ms J figure 00512510
SWToys - NEW PRODUCT: Swtoys FS038 1/6 Scale Ms J figure C50ee110
SWToys - NEW PRODUCT: Swtoys FS038 1/6 Scale Ms J figure D7935910
SWToys - NEW PRODUCT: Swtoys FS038 1/6 Scale Ms J figure Ef7b4910
SWToys - NEW PRODUCT: Swtoys FS038 1/6 Scale Ms J figure 48347610
SWToys - NEW PRODUCT: Swtoys FS038 1/6 Scale Ms J figure 1226c710
SWToys - NEW PRODUCT: Swtoys FS038 1/6 Scale Ms J figure 05117b10

#newproduct #SWToys #Ms.J #female #movie-based #genderswap

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Not what I expected, for sure.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Got to say -- some of these pop culture gender swaps have seemed pretty good, though not to everyone's taste obviously; like the recent Halloween Killer which was identified to be derived from kotobukiya bishouju.  But this Jokerette really doesn't work for me.  It looks more like something of a ZC Girls vintage that was inadvertently left at the back of the truck since 2008.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree on both counts, MBAM, although I suppose this will appeal to someone else. Unfortunately or fortunately (for my wallet), I'm neither into clowns in general, nor into the Joker character all that much (even less derivations/variations). As a kitbasher, I can usually find something useful in most sets, but here the most likely thing like that are the heeled shoes.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Also, Arthur Fleck Joker is the absolute worst choice for a gender-flipped Joker. Phoenix pulls off the look only because of an ironic tension between bright clown colors and a grim dark personality -- totally impossible to replicate with the lightness required in a fun gender flip figure. A gender flipped Comics style Joker, or Caesar Romero '66, or a Jack Nicholson '89 would all have made more sense -- maybe even a Heath Ledger style, though the latter might have had the same inappropriateness.

Diana

Diana
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:Also, Arthur Fleck Joker is the absolute worst choice for a gender-flipped Joker.  Phoenix pulls off the look only because of an ironic tension between bright clown colors and a grim dark personality -- totally impossible to replicate with the lightness required in a fun gender flip figure.  A gender flipped Comics style Joker, or Caesar Romero '66, or a Jack Nicholson '89 would all have made more sense -- maybe even a Heath Ledger style, though the latter might have had the same inappropriateness.
They key then would be to not make it light hearted. That's what bugs me here. Why are we getting a simple bland expression again? Give us a serious face and we'll talk. (Not really. I'm happy with my Comedian.)

csyeung

csyeung
There must be a market for all these joker type figures. Not for me, but I'm sure there are people that would buy it that they are making so many of them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum