OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6 simulation animal No. 56-Thoroughbred full set of 5 colors / Japanese style harness-4 colors

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
If you bundle orders to get to $350 (not hard in this hobby) you get free shipping from Timewalker Toys. I’ve been using them for years. You will pay for the item when it is two weeks from imminent arrival (nothing up front unless indicated).

agentghost

Stryker2011 wrote:If you bundle orders to get to $350 (not hard in this hobby) you get free shipping from Timewalker Toys. I’ve been using them for years. You will pay for the item when it is two weeks from imminent arrival (nothing up front unless indicated).

That's great to hear.  Any penalty for cancellation?  

I use BBTS exclusively because BBTS let me cancel a pre-order without any penalty (especially when the Chinese forum posted in hand photo of a low quality product)

And they only charge $4 even for oversized item like 1/6 Horse

Stryker2011

Founding Father
I’ve only ever canceled an order once (though they gave me that option), but I’ve heard that they will let you do it, as long as it doesn’t become a habit — if it does, they will refuse to do business with you.

Siosin

Honestly nothing can compare to the lli horse I missed out on but this one is a start! Better than the akhal teke imo.

Valiarde

Valiarde
skywalkersaga wrote:Thank you, Stryker and Valiarde... I will consider these options!

Hey Sky, it is now available for pre order:
https://www.space-figuren.de/1-6-Super-Section/Animals/1-6-Scale-Thoroughbred-Horse-light-chestnut::20620.html

97€ plus 15 shipping isn't too bad I think. But I haven't compared it to other shops. Very Happy
(~86 GBP + 13)

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Thank you, Stryker and Valiarde... I will consider these options!

Hey Sky, it is now available for pre order:
https://www.space-figuren.de/1-6-Super-Section/Animals/1-6-Scale-Thoroughbred-Horse-light-chestnut::20620.html

97€ plus 15 shipping isn't too bad I think. But I haven't compared it to other shops. Very Happy
(~86 GBP + 13)

Thank you for the heads-up! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

agentghost

agentghost
Siosin wrote:Honestly nothing can compare to the lli horse I missed out on but this one is a start! Better than the akhal teke imo.

is the Lli Horse really legendary?

With such high "demand", wouldn't it be easier for Mr.Z to re-use the old mold to make money instead?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
agentghost wrote:
Siosin wrote:Honestly nothing can compare to the lli horse I missed out on but this one is a start! Better than the akhal teke imo.

is the Lli Horse really legendary?  

With such high "demand", wouldn't it be easier for Mr.Z to re-use the old mold to make money instead?

When it first came out, I thought it was nice but nothing special. But now, in comparsion to the rest of the 1/6 horses that are out there, and even in comparsion to Mr Z's own horses they've made since, it stands out above the rest as being one of the models with the best realism. Especially the facial features and expression. Just my opinion.

I honestly don't know why they have not re-released it. I even tried to track down Mr Z company to ask about it, but the closest I could get was to talk to one of the people who sculpts Mr Z's dogs. They couldn't say for sure, but at the time had assured me that new models that were 'similar' would be out soon. Those I presume are the ones that have come out over the last year, which are the Akhal-Teke, the Arabian, and now this Thoroughbred. Of all those, I think the Thoroughbred is the best one so far, but it still doesnt have *quite* the level of reaslim compared to the Yili.

My only guess as to why they only made a limited run is that, from what I recall, the Yli horse was a joint effort between Mr.Z and another 1/6 company (one of the ones that makes the mythological/fantasy/historical Asian figures). So, it could be that they don't technically own the mold for it or something... I don't know for sure.

Valiarde

Valiarde
KLG is that other company Mr.Z teamed up with. It was made for the mongol warriors. But I think all those mongol warriors have to walk by foot right now, as all their battle horses went to Pony Farm collectors Very Happy (I don't mean this in a bad/disrespectful way! Happy that so many want and love this horse)

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Some quick pics of the Black Mr. Z Thoroughbred model, with its mane and tail 'tamed'. : )

(The coat doesn't normally look so extremely shiny, it just happened to be catching the evening light.)

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6 simulation animal No. 56-Thoroughbred full set of 5 colors / Japanese style harness-4 colors - Page 2 29896510

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6 simulation animal No. 56-Thoroughbred full set of 5 colors / Japanese style harness-4 colors - Page 2 29881010

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6 simulation animal No. 56-Thoroughbred full set of 5 colors / Japanese style harness-4 colors - Page 2 30026110

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6 simulation animal No. 56-Thoroughbred full set of 5 colors / Japanese style harness-4 colors - Page 2 29893110

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6 simulation animal No. 56-Thoroughbred full set of 5 colors / Japanese style harness-4 colors - Page 2 29900210

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6 simulation animal No. 56-Thoroughbred full set of 5 colors / Japanese style harness-4 colors - Page 2 29901710

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6 simulation animal No. 56-Thoroughbred full set of 5 colors / Japanese style harness-4 colors - Page 2 29908310

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6 simulation animal No. 56-Thoroughbred full set of 5 colors / Japanese style harness-4 colors - Page 2 29912010

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6 simulation animal No. 56-Thoroughbred full set of 5 colors / Japanese style harness-4 colors - Page 2 29915210

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6 simulation animal No. 56-Thoroughbred full set of 5 colors / Japanese style harness-4 colors - Page 2 29929210

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6 simulation animal No. 56-Thoroughbred full set of 5 colors / Japanese style harness-4 colors - Page 2 29934310

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6 simulation animal No. 56-Thoroughbred full set of 5 colors / Japanese style harness-4 colors - Page 2 29949410

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6 simulation animal No. 56-Thoroughbred full set of 5 colors / Japanese style harness-4 colors - Page 2 29960710

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6 simulation animal No. 56-Thoroughbred full set of 5 colors / Japanese style harness-4 colors - Page 2 30002310

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6 simulation animal No. 56-Thoroughbred full set of 5 colors / Japanese style harness-4 colors - Page 2 30007410

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6 simulation animal No. 56-Thoroughbred full set of 5 colors / Japanese style harness-4 colors - Page 2 30026111

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6 simulation animal No. 56-Thoroughbred full set of 5 colors / Japanese style harness-4 colors - Page 2 30061310

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6 simulation animal No. 56-Thoroughbred full set of 5 colors / Japanese style harness-4 colors - Page 2 30063010

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I've got to say, Sky, you have a knack for picking suitable locations for making these beautiful photos of these beautiful horses.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thank you, GF! My options are somewhat limited in my small backyard, so I do my best. :')

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Thank you, GF! My options are somewhat limited in my small backyard, so I do my best. :')

Well, your best is excellent! Smile

csyeung

csyeung
Looks fantastic Sky! Looks so realistic in your photos!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks! I think taming the mane down a bit helped make it look a little more to-scale. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice shots, S. I have one of the black ones as well. Can you tell me how you tamed the mane down?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6 simulation animal No. 56-Thoroughbred full set of 5 colors / Japanese style harness-4 colors - Page 2 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice shots, S. I have one of the black ones as well. Can you tell me how you tamed the mane down?

Sure! I used the same mixture that I use to style the tibetan lamb hair on my 1/6 figures (which was originally recommended to me by the very talented JKI Customs). It's just 50% clear liquid floor wax, and 50% water, which I put in a small squeezy bottle with a tiny nozzle and shake to mix together. Then, I cover the body of the horse underneath the mane with a bit of clingfilm so the wax doesn't get onto it. Once it's covered, I just squeeze droplets of the mixture onto the mane, forelock, and tail, and then work it into the hair gently (wearing gloves). The tail can probably then just dry on its own, but the mane and forelock will probably have to be covered with more clingfilm to keep it lying flat. I leave it like that for several hours at least, then uncover it to let it dry fully. The liquid wax does dry a little shiny but I prefer a slight sheen to the mane over leaving it all frizzy (or having it end up 'crusty' as with some kinds of hair gels). The wax mixture is very forgiving, and if you accidentally put too much on the mane, you can just dilute it down with some plain water.

ETA: Oh, I also did trim the forelock quite a bit as otherwise it was the same length as the mane.

Diana

Diana
Wow, Sky, at first glance I thought these were photos of a real horse. Really well done! And beautiful work on the hair!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for the breakdown, Sky. Much appreciated.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6 simulation animal No. 56-Thoroughbred full set of 5 colors / Japanese style harness-4 colors - Page 2 C8485110

MoonRaven812

MoonRaven812
I have had these horses on a wish list since last year. So beautiful!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
They are indeed really gorgeous, hope you can get one!

(and welcome! Smile )

MoonRaven812

MoonRaven812
This is the one I want right here. Gorgous.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks, Moonraven. Have you been able to find one yet? I ask because I know somtimes these can start to sell out or at least become harder to find after a while.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum