OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Ovy

Late to the party. Yeah I even forgot I added this head as topping to some Giantoy order last year, not paying attention this was Pre Order only and got the mail today too.
And in my last Giantoy order I added a Ma Dong-seok headsculpt as a topping, not paying attention it was pre order only too.

"Hey, what do you do for a living?"
"I am Biochemical Special Police."
"Oh."

GeeWillikers

Ooh, I vaguely remember preordering one of these back in 1867. Neutral

That second version looks very different to the original promo. I like it! So it might be worth the eternity of waiting after all.

They've sent mine by UbiPost. Mad

skywalkersaga

That does look really good. Hopefully some are still available in future when I can afford 'extra' heads that I don't actually 'need'. ;p

glitch

Diana wrote:I got that email, too. Smile
Giantoy posted a photo of the version I ordered. I like it.

Wow, that looks VERY different from the original. Almost too different.
I kind of like the promo look better, the likeness is closer to Jill.
Maybe it's just the lighting that makes it look so different. Still, super annoying when manufacturers do this.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Oh come on! I wait.... *checks watch*....a gazillion years, it finally gets released, and it looks nothing like the original.
Officially not going near Slow Duck anymore.

It looks nice in its own way, don't get me wrong, but it's not what I waited forever for. The original had a cool, determined look. The giantoy shot looks like she just got surprised by a public fart.

Saturn

Saturn
Diana wrote:I got that email, too. Smile
Giantoy posted a photo of the version I ordered. I like it.

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 2 Jill_w10

The upper lip is less lush, while the lower lip is more pronounced than in the promo pictures, although this may be due to the paint job to some extent.
By the way (joining what I wrote in the TBL S48/S49 thread), it's noteworthy here that SD is bringing out this set for an ancient TBL body. There is simply no body above S25 for these manufacturers...

Diana

Diana
I do prefer the look on the promo pics.
I'm hoping that the main differences are due to lighting and angle. In the promo pics she was usually shot from slightly above. Giantoy photographed her from below.

The main difference I see is the eye color, which is much lighter than in the promos. She kinda looks like a comic book blind person. Even her right pupil looks blue, not black.

Also the fact that the iris touches the lower lid. In the promos she looks up a little, which gives her that determined look that already made the BW so special. Gotts see a little bit of white under the iris to get that effect, even if it is just white eye liner, which might be an easy fix.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If you zoom in on the promo pics, you can see that the very bottom of the iris is actually touching the eyelid. The coloring in the promo pic is just slightly paler for that part of the lid, as opposed to the darker line added to the production. I’m guessing in hand it won’t be as noticeably different, and as Diana said, angling the head downward a bit should change the “expression” a smidge.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 2 C8485110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I just received mine and thought I'd take a couple quick pics at slightly different angles of the head; as you can see, as usual this does not match a "suntan" TBLeague body (so I'll no doubt have to color the body a bit).

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 2 _dsc3642
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 2 _dsc3644
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 2 _dsc3643

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 2 C8485110

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
TBL really needs to do some different skin tones. The coloring on the sculpt is fantastic and should have a body to match.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the in-hand photos, Mark. Since the color is a bit richer and darker than the suntan body's, you could experiment with the make up technique shared by Kayla -- if you are brave enough. Otherwise, always remember: the head can be more tan than the body, because it might have seen a lot more sun... Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks for the in-hand photos, Mark. Since the color is a bit richer and darker than the suntan body's, you could experiment with the make up technique shared by Kayla -- if you are brave enough. Otherwise, always remember: the head can be more tan than the body, because it might have seen a lot more sun... Smile

Sadly, not for the character I’m planning — fairly exposed skin. I did get that makeup she recommended, I just have to work up the nerve to risk screwing up a $70 body.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Sadly, not for the character I’m planning — fairly exposed skin. I did get that makeup she recommended, I just have to work up the nerve to risk screwing up a $70 body.
You can experiment with a tiny application on the flat-ish part of the neck, which will always be hidden by the head. Let us know how it goes.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
It might work on one of the more recent batches of the old 'pale' bodies (S04 and S07), which for some reason have a pinkish tint this season.

I'll try it and report back, if I ever get mine (still stuck with UbiPost in China).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I think the makeup will definitely do the trick. It seems a subtle enough technique that I don't really see how it could 'mess up' the body? Or is it just the colour-matching aspect that you're concerned about?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks for the in-hand photos, Mark. Since the color is a bit richer and darker than the suntan body's, you could experiment with the make up technique shared by Kayla -- if you are brave enough. Otherwise, always remember: the head can be more tan than the body, because it might have seen a lot more sun... Smile

What 1/6 female figures are you looking at? Razz

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:I think the makeup will definitely do the trick. It seems a subtle enough technique that I don't really see how it could 'mess up' the body? Or is it just the colour-matching aspect that you're concerned about?

It’s the color matching more or less.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:I think the makeup will definitely do the trick. It seems a subtle enough technique that I don't really see how it could 'mess up' the body? Or is it just the colour-matching aspect that you're concerned about?

It’s the color matching more or less.

Fair enough. Though she did say you can use the colour on the face, too, to get them to match even closer.

gooboo

Pretty head- but it would be really dumb if Super Duck made a headsculpt that doesn't match the color of the body it's intended for...

csyeung

csyeung
Head looks nice to me, thanks for the pics Mark. My Ms marvel set that comes with this head is on the way. Hope it turned out just as good.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Thanks for the pics. It looks a lot better in your shots. Shame about the skin tone, but that is fixable.

Still waiting on mine.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
gooboo wrote:Pretty head- but it would be really dumb if Super Duck made a headsculpt that doesn't match the color of the body it's intended for...

They've done it before....

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Gave her the hair cut I wanted her to have.

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 2 _dsc3650

Valiarde

Valiarde
That is a very tough looking HS - quiet the character face. I like your hair cut!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like it too. Very cool and fresh.

csyeung

csyeung
I like the new haircut, very nice!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks. It was actually my first “successful” hair cut I was able to pull off. I’ve tried on other sculpts over the years, but most of them ended up a complete disaster. It’s also as close as I could get it to the original style I had drawn for this character back in 1989 when I was stationed at Ramstein AFB.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Do you still have the drawings?
And if you ever come back vistining Ramstein, you should tell us Smile

phicenenthusiast

phicenenthusiast
The haircut looks good! I've only had one successful haircut myself. It was about 4 years ago with a Kimi Toys KT004 (the blonde head). I straightened the hair, and following a Barbie hair-cutting tutorial, I cut it shorter to match about the length of the recently released Villa 2031 at the time.

I ended up ordering the blonde-haired version of this sculpt to use as a rock musician.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum