OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Ghost808

Thanks for the pics. It looks a lot better in your shots. Shame about the skin tone, but that is fixable.

Still waiting on mine.

skywalkersaga

gooboo wrote:Pretty head- but it would be really dumb if Super Duck made a headsculpt that doesn't match the color of the body it's intended for...

They've done it before....

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Gave her the hair cut I wanted her to have.

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 3 _dsc3650

Valiarde

That is a very tough looking HS - quiet the character face. I like your hair cut!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like it too. Very cool and fresh.

csyeung

csyeung
I like the new haircut, very nice!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks. It was actually my first “successful” hair cut I was able to pull off. I’ve tried on other sculpts over the years, but most of them ended up a complete disaster. It’s also as close as I could get it to the original style I had drawn for this character back in 1989 when I was stationed at Ramstein AFB.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 3 C8485110

Valiarde

Valiarde
Do you still have the drawings?
And if you ever come back vistining Ramstein, you should tell us Smile

phicenenthusiast

phicenenthusiast
The haircut looks good! I've only had one successful haircut myself. It was about 4 years ago with a Kimi Toys KT004 (the blonde head). I straightened the hair, and following a Barbie hair-cutting tutorial, I cut it shorter to match about the length of the recently released Villa 2031 at the time.

I ended up ordering the blonde-haired version of this sculpt to use as a rock musician.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:Do you still have the drawings?

I do have the drawings somewhere; I’m just not sure where — moved several times since then. I’m hoping once I get the body to match the head to be able to finally realize her in physical form. I wanted to make a comic book of her (sort of Indiana Jones meets Sheena Queen of the Jungle — I love Edgar Rice Burroughs books), but spent entirely too much time coming up with research and background — in between working a job that often required 24/7 attention — that once The Tomb Raider game came out several years later, which had many similar elements to my idea, that I stopped (and of course, Image Comics then came out with their comic series of the game, followed by Sheena and Jungle Girl I didn’t see the point in making another one).

I loved Germany when I was there — interesting time to say the least (went to the Wall before it came down and was fortunate enough to be there the first day it started to come down — had a chunk of it that I snuck back with me, but one of my ex-roommates stole it). I’ve been back to Germany since, but that was almost 25 years ago. Sadly, due to all my medical bills, and of course this hobby, world travel has pretty much come to a stop (maybe once I get to retire)…

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 3 C8485110

gooboo

Got mine today. As I feared- Super Duck didn't make the head match the color of the body it's supposed to go with. Derp derp.

On the other hand, it came with a pretty nice crate. I don't remember my other SD heads coming with one.

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 3 Sd110

The difference is more visible in person. This head has a reddish/pink tone that doesn't really match any of Phicen's bodies.

csyeung

csyeung
Stryker2011 wrote:
Valiarde wrote:Do you still have the drawings?

I do have the drawings somewhere; I’m just not sure where — moved several times since then. I’m hoping once I get the body to match the head to be able to finally realize her in physical form. I wanted to make a comic book of her (sort of Indiana Jones meets Sheena Queen of the Jungle — I love Edgar Rice Burroughs books), but spent entirely too much time coming up with research and background — in between working a job that often required 24/7 attention — that once The Tomb Raider game came out several years later, which had many similar elements to my idea, that I stopped (and of course, Image Comics then came out with their comic series of the game, followed by Sheena and Jungle Girl I didn’t see the point in making another one).

I loved Germany when I was there — interesting time to say the least (went to the Wall before it came down and was fortunate enough to be there the first day it started to come down — had a chunk of it that I snuck back with me, but one of my ex-roommates stole it). I’ve been back to Germany since, but that was almost 25 years ago. Sadly, due to all my medical bills, and of course this hobby, world travel has pretty much come to a stop (maybe once I get to retire)…

Oh man, I'd like to see the drawings too. I think you should still do it! Also, sucks that your ex roommate took that piece of the wall. That's a piece of history right there!

gooboo wrote:Got mine today. As I feared- Super Duck didn't make the head match the color of the body it's supposed to go with. Derp derp.

On the other hand, it came with a pretty nice crate. I don't remember my other SD heads coming with one.

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 3 Sd110

The difference is more visible in person. This head has a reddish/pink tone that doesn't really match any of Phicen's bodies.

Still looks good, and the crate looks pretty cool too!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Matching or not, it great. Which body is this again? I'm quickly losing the ability to tell them apart.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
gooboo wrote:That's the s29.

Thanks, I thought it might be. It's one of my favorites, that's good news.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Mine is still stuck in China with UbiPost.

Not moved since the 25th. Mad

Diana

Diana
Mark, that haircut looks fantastic!!  clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 3 1f60d

Mine arrived, too, and I tried her with different bodies:

S47 suntan
S16 pale
S06 suntan
S29 suntan (Nancy in Hell)

She seemed to look best with Nancy's body. In any case she is utterly gorgeous and I'll be ordering the blonde version as well, just because.  What a Face

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 3 S4710
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 3 S1610
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 3 S0611
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 3 S2910

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Great pics, Diana. I think that gives the best idea of what it looks like so far. I'd like one, hope there are still some available when I finally get around to it... Laughing

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Valiarde

Valiarde
That head is very tempting I have to admit.

But I also have the feeling, that we are getting better and better heads lately - at least in the promo pics. But this one turned out pretty well in hand too

csyeung

csyeung
Great pictures Diana! Head looks really good!

gooboo

what on earth happened to that s16

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent photos, Diana. Make me all the more excited for mine, whenever they get here.

Diana

Diana
gooboo wrote:what on earth happened to that s16
Laughing Kinesiology tape. I'll revisit that experiment soon. The markings will either not matter or become part of the character. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice pics, Diana. And… YIKES on that tape residue. She looks like she was mauled by a wild animal and that’s the scar tissue.

Diana

Diana
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice pics, Diana. And… YIKES on that tape residue. She looks like she was mauled by a wild animal and that’s the scar tissue.

I'm thinking about taking a head and using glue to mimic these scars and have them continue in her face. Then maybe RitDye them to make them stand out more. That body is a write off anyway so I might as well have some fun with it. Smile

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Mine turned up just now, after all that cursing. Smile

It doesn't match any of my TBLs, either - not even the pinker new S04s/S07s.

It will probably be a better match for a Jaiou wheat (or more likely pink), with all their faults.

Maybe I'll finally take the plunge and buy an LDoll.  Neutral

Half-disappointed, but also half-pleased, I'm sure I can do something with it.

CONCLUSION:

It's a pretty head, but to be honest the Gold Saintess Knight released during the loooooong wait for this ticks a lot of the same boxes for me, and (of course) it matches a TBL body.

Cool crate/box though, definitely.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Got mine this morning. Overall really pleased. A bit annoyed by the skin tone, but happy that, in-hand, it does look like the promo shots. It's a nice HS.

csyeung

csyeung
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 3 Dsc03913

My SD Set066 came in today. I think it's the same head, but with blonde hair. I forgot to take a pic before i put on mask, doh!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great look, even with the mask, Craig.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum