OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
They are the same sculpt, with different hair. The neck connector can make the head sit a little too high on TBLeague bodies. It is easily removable and can be replaced with a foamie that would allow a more natural look. I'm posting reference photos of all three versions in the new Head Sculpt reference thread.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Xavion2004

I really need to look into these foamies as getting head sculpts to sit at the right height seems to be an issue more times than not.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Xavion2004 wrote:I really need to look into these foamies as getting head sculpts to sit at the right height seems to be an issue more times than not.

They help a lot. You can apply them either around the neck peg horizontally, or around it vertically. And of course you can cut them to size as needed.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Here are all three versions of the head, each on a TBLeague S47B body (the middle one is technically the body from the Saintess Knight set, but it's the same thing). Zoomed-in versions in the Head Sculpt reference thread.

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 4 Sdh0710

Tabul

GubernatorFan wrote:Here are all three versions of the head, each on a TBLeague S47B body. Zoomed-in versions in the Head Sculpt reference thread.

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 4 Sdh0710

I regret not getting the other two versions, they look really good. I would love to see a long red hair version. Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Tabul wrote:
I regret not getting the other two versions, they look really good. I would love to see a long red hair version. Smile

Well, you might still get a chance. These are also popular enough to be re-released, if it comes to that. I bet a red-head version would be just as gorgeous. This makes me feel a little bad for being fairly dismissive towards Super Duck heads in general -- although in my defense, these are pretty exceptional for them.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Xavion2004 wrote:I really need to look into these foamies as getting head sculpts to sit at the right height seems to be an issue more times than not.

You can also use clingfilm (saran wrap), wrapped around the metal neck peg multiple times (need more of it than you think to bulk it out in some cases, depending on the head), and then held in place on the neck peg with a mini clear rubber band (or several). This also makes the metal neck peg on the tbleague bodies less 'slippery', which helps keep the head in place when posed.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

csyeung

csyeung
Thanks for the reference pics Ian. Also, I agree, this sculpt would probably look fantastic as a redhead as well!

phicenenthusiast

phicenenthusiast
Nice shots! Thanks for sharing.

Since this sculpt turned out really well, I wonder how well their Jessica Alba (from the Sin City cowgirl outfit) head will turn out.

Diana

Diana
I have a few more photos to add, because the blonde version arrived yesterday. Smile

Again posed with the S47B (suntan).

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 4 Img_4010
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 4 Img_4011
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 4 Img_4012
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 4 Img_4014
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 4 Img_4013
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 4 Img_4015
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 4 Img_4016
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 4 Img_4017
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 4 Img_4018
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 4 Img_4019

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Very nice pics, Diana! I love the paintwork on the eyes. My copy of the head is still on route from China, but I'm eager to try it on the Saintess Knight body, which is slightly darker than the standard Tbleague suntan for some reason.

Annalise

Annalise
Looking good, Diana. I'm so pleasantly surprised by how good a job SD did on these, I ordered the B & C versions to complete my trio despite the skin tone and proportion challenges. For me, that's unheard of as I had pretty much written off Super Duck... I hope it's not a fluke and they can maintain this standard on their future releases.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I love the new photos, Diana. In particular that light reflecting in the eye effect, which was apparently all the rage in a certain type of music videos some time ago. Anyway, more beautiful shots of very beautiful heads.

csyeung

csyeung
Looks great Diana!

Diana

Diana
csyeung, thank you! Smile

GubernatorFan wrote:I love the new photos, Diana. In particular that light reflecting in the eye effect, which was apparently all the rage in a certain type of music videos some time ago. Anyway, more beautiful shots of very beautiful heads.
Yes, the ring lights reflection became popular with the social media influencer scene I think. Laughing
But the ring light also happens to not cast such a strongly defined shadow when close enough.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice new photos, Diana. It is one of the better head sculpts by Super Duck.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 4 C8485110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Just received my 2 backups of the bob-cut hair style and one of the long brown hair. Great sculpt.

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 4 C8485110

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Stryker2011 wrote:Just received my 2 backups of the bob-cut hair style and one of the long brown hair. Great sculpt.

Is the long dark hair brown or black? I'm about to order one because I need her with black hair and it looks black to me in Gub's and Tabul's pics.

csyeung wrote:clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 4 Dsc03913

My SD Set066 came in today. I think it's the same head, but with blonde hair. I forgot to take a pic before i put on mask, doh!

@Craig, is that hexagon flight stand by Jiaou Doll? Is the bendy pole sturdy?
I need a flight stand with the smallest base footprint.

csyeung

csyeung
rollotomasi wrote:

It's the tystoys one (snake bone stand). I grabbed from Giantoy a couple years ago i think. It's about the same size as the hot toys / soosootoys hexagon stands.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
csyeung wrote:
rollotomasi wrote:

It's the tystoys one (snake bone stand). I grabbed from Giantoy a couple years ago i think. It's about the same size as the hot toys / soosootoys hexagon stands.

Snake bone... so that's what it's called. Will look into that. Thanks!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’ll have to check about the hair color when I get back home.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
rollotomasi wrote:Is the long dark hair brown or black? I'm about to order one because I need her with black hair and it looks black to me in Gub's and Tabul's pics.
The overall impression is dark brown, but in fact different hair strands seem to be different colors. Hard to capture on camera. From a distance, it looks pretty much black. I assume we are still talking about SDH025-B.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Thanks for the replies.
I just got the B, I was hoping it was jet black but not a dealbreaker.
It does look convincingly black in pics.

Mine came with the hair on the right side styled back too much it shows the ugly scalp joint. Maybe why SD didn't show a pic of the B's right profile.
That's why i have her hair wrapped as such at the moment, will use a hairdryer to fix that.

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 4 Sd025b10

The lips are TOO GLOSSY I can't stand it! So I applied my 20-year old Testors Dullcote, problem was the old stuff caked
so had to spend some time tediously picking off the gunk with an X-acto knife careful not to damage the paint job. Lesson learned.

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 4 Sd025b11

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
rollotomasi wrote:The lips are TOO GLOSSY I can't stand it! So I applied my 20-year old Testors Dullcote, problem was the old stuff caked
so had to spend some time tediously picking off the gunk with an X-acto knife careful not to damage the paint job. Lesson learned.
I would recommend Vallejo matte varnish, which is not super matte, for a job like that. Then again, women use lip balm, although I take your point about the lips on these heads being quite glossy.

Zurdoz

Zurdoz
Greetings everyone!

Just wanted to come in here and share some of my photos! Smile

Here’s the SDH025, the blonde version. I picked up the black-haired too but haven’t looked at it yet lol

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 4 1GRfCOx

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 4 KT2iKkB

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 4 LRfH2RS

csyeung

csyeung
Zurdoz! Welcome! I really like how this sculpt turned out.

Zurdoz

Zurdoz
csyeung wrote:Zurdoz! Welcome! I really like how this sculpt turned out.

Thank you! Yeah it’s a great sculpt! So good I have plenty of spares Wink

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Welcome, Zurdoz. She looks good.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Super Duck: 1/6 biochemical female special police clothing accessory bag (C026) & Russian model head sculpture (SDH025) - Page 4 1f10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum