OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS™ THE MANDALORIAN™ DARK TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
“You're about to face off with the Dark Troopers. You had your hands full with one. Let's see how you do against a platoon.” – Moff Gideon™

The third-generation design Dark Troopers are no longer suits. The human inside was the final weakness to be solved. They are now droids. These troopers proved to be very intimidating and dangerous as the Mandalorian struggled to defeat even one of these fearsome foes during his rescue mission of Grogu aboard from Moff Gideon’s ship.

Following the epic season finale of The Mandalorian, Hot Toys is excited to introduce the brand new 1/6th scale Dark Trooper collectible figure!

The highly-accurate collectible figure is skillfully crafted based on the Dark Trooper as seen in the hit Star Wars™ series. It features highly detailed helmet and mechanical armor parts, specially applied black armor painting, LED light up functions, a blaster, and a display base!

The 1/6th scale collectible figure of this menacing trooper will surely be a welcomed addition to any Star Wars collection!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODETMS032
PRODUCT NAMEDARK TROOPER™
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 32.5 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS25
SPECIAL FEATURESFINELY CRAFTED DARK TROOPER HELMET WITH LED LIGHT-UP FUNCTION, HIGHLY POSEABLE BODY STRUCTURE WITH DETAILED MECHANICAL DESIGN
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY N/A
HEAD PAINTED BY N/A
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY N/A
The 1/6th scale Dark TrooperTM Collectible Figure special features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Dark Trooper in Star Wars: The Mandalorian
- Finely crafted Dark Trooper helmet with LED light-up function (red light, battery operated)
- Glossy black armor painting and metallic silver joints with LED light-up chest panel (red light, battery operated)
- Approximately 32.5 cm tall
- Newly developed body with over 25 points of articulations
- Highly poseable advanced exoskeleton body structure with detailed mechanical design
- Six (6) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of hands for holding rifle

Weapon:
- One (1) blaster rifle

Accessory:
- Figure stand with Star Wars logo and character nameplate

Release date: Approximately Q2 – Q3, 2022

*Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
** Battery included for collectible figure, button cells are required
***Product details are subject to change without further notice

© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
© 2021 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

hottoys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS™ THE MANDALORIAN™ DARK TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11416
hottoys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS™ THE MANDALORIAN™ DARK TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2709
hottoys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS™ THE MANDALORIAN™ DARK TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 3482
hottoys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS™ THE MANDALORIAN™ DARK TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 4447
hottoys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS™ THE MANDALORIAN™ DARK TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5425
hottoys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS™ THE MANDALORIAN™ DARK TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6398
hottoys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS™ THE MANDALORIAN™ DARK TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7385
hottoys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS™ THE MANDALORIAN™ DARK TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 8366
hottoys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS™ THE MANDALORIAN™ DARK TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 9351
hottoys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS™ THE MANDALORIAN™ DARK TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 10331
hottoys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS™ THE MANDALORIAN™ DARK TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11417
hottoys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS™ THE MANDALORIAN™ DARK TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 12294
hottoys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS™ THE MANDALORIAN™ DARK TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 13277
hottoys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS™ THE MANDALORIAN™ DARK TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 14254
hottoys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS™ THE MANDALORIAN™ DARK TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 15236
hottoys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS™ THE MANDALORIAN™ DARK TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 16219
hottoys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS™ THE MANDALORIAN™ DARK TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 17207
hottoys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS™ THE MANDALORIAN™ DARK TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 18193

#newproduct #HotToys #StarWars #Mandalorian #DarkTrooper #SciFi #Disney+

Theflyingman

Thanks for posting these. They look so cool I'm wondering if they work as bad guys even in my non star wars universe.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Theflyingman wrote:Thanks for posting these. They look so cool I'm wondering if they work as bad guys even in my non star wars universe.

I don’t see why they wouldn’t.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

hottoys - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS™ THE MANDALORIAN™ DARK TROOPER™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, I don't see why this wouldn't fit in a non-Star Wars fiction environment. It is not particularly Star Wars-y. I don't watch the show, so perhaps I have no understanding, but I actually don't see it as fitting the Star Wars universe very well. Also, they really look more like robots than troopers. I'm sure HT is doing a great job recreating the character's look, I'm just not sold on the original design.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:I agree, I don't see why this wouldn't fit in a non-Star Wars fiction environment. It is not particularly Star Wars-y. I don't watch the show, so perhaps I have no understanding, but I actually don't see it as fitting the Star Wars universe very well. Also, they really look more like robots than troopers. I'm sure HT is doing a great job recreating the character's look, I'm just not sold on the original design.

Without getting into anything spoiler-y, "These are third-generation design. They are no longer suits. The human inside was the final weakness to be solved. They're droids."  So their design actually is extra Star Wars, to the extent that it combines SW droid design elements with SW trooper design elements, and a little Vader, in really a very clever and respectful way.  I can understand how, if you looked at it without that context, at first glance it might just look "off."  But show-runners Favreau, Filoni and their crew truly have nothing but respect for old-school Star Wars including at the level of design.

The Dark Trooper scenes really applied the “Rule of Inverse Ninjas,” where an individual one is super-powerful but then a whole platoon just falls to bits (though admittedly this was done to show off a certain character).  Either way I think HT missed an obvious opportunity here for swappable battle-damaged parts – maybe in version 2.0.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum