OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can these feet be used with tbleague figures?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gooboo

Hello everyone, quick question here. Has anyone tried using either of these feet types with their tbleague figures? Just looking at the pictures it seems like you can remove the plastic pegs and stick the foot onto the metal skeleton, but I'm not sure. I wanted to know since these foot models would work nicely with my "artist mannequin" s28. The default tbleague feet really aren't that great for doing any kind of pose that requires bending or posing of the feet.

Can these feet be used with tbleague figures? Feet110

Can these feet be used with tbleague figures? Feet210

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
So these are for a female figure? I haven't experimented with those feet, but I take it the S28's high heel feet do not work well enough for what you have in mind. In principle, if this is like male feet, remove the plastic ankle joint and insert the metal ankle peg of the TBLeague body. If the fit is too tight, try heating up the plastic. If the fit is too loose (and if it won't look bad if that area of the body is exposed) try using some flat elastic cord to tighten the fit.

gooboo

I've never really found the high heel foot to be that useful when trying to pose my model, so I thought maybe these would be better.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
They should work, since the ankle peg is removable on those, though I would be more inclined to use the flat feet that come with a TBL base body instead.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Can these feet be used with tbleague figures? C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
These look like male feet to me?

I've never had much luck using anything with tbleague ankle pegs other than the actual tbleague feet, or boots that were specifically made to fit the tbleague pegs. That doesn't mean it's not possible, of course, but I haven't had any success.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

gooboo

Alright, so I ended up getting these feet. They're a good deal more poseable and flexible than Phicen's standard feet (which isn't saying much) but they're still pretty loose so they flop around a lot and the figure can't stand up on its own yet. Does anyone know of a way to tighten the fitting? I was thinking maybe a layer of glue into the opening on the foot, but I've never attempted to tighten a fitting before, only loosen it by carving/sanding away bits at a time.

Can these feet be used with tbleague figures? Feet111

A Man

A few layers of teflon tape on the metal part is a good place to start. The teflon tape leaves no glue residues, so it's easy to remove if you want to use the standard feet later.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
If you mean they are loose at the ankle (not the bendable toe part), then I agree with A Man. Or, like I suggested, stick a little length of flat elastic cord between the metal ankle peg and the hole in the foot.

Antmax

Antmax
I was looking at these feet on Ebay earlier today. The fit is better than I anticipated. It would be nice if there were poseable feet like this available for the figures. Especially the males. When you have crouching type poses even basic running/walking some articulation around the toe area is really useful.

On the females I often have one flat foot and one high heel foot to try and get a decent compromise. (Just in case Phicen/Tbleague is watching) I'd pay a little extra for half decent poseable feet if they fit well and were sold separately ;P.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Antmax wrote:I was looking at these feet on Ebay earlier today. The fit is better than I anticipated. It would be nice if there were poseable feet like this available for the figures. Especially the males. When you have crouching type poses even basic running/walking some articulation around the toe area is really useful.

On the females I often have one flat foot and one high heel foot to try and get a decent compromise. (Just in case Phicen/Tbleague is watching) I'd pay a little extra for half decent poseable feet if they fit well and were sold separately ;P.

Going along with what you said about using one flat and one high heeled female foot, it would help if they gave us bent toed male foot sculpts (ACI did, and Jiaou almost did). If you look hard enough you will probably find half decent poseable feet (but they will not be seamless).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum