OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jiaou Doll Male Bodies (10A, 11C, 12D, 17A) with TBLeague (M30, M31, M32, M33, M35) comparisons, Updated 8 February 2024

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Gizems nice Kittens

Thank you for the links, I thought you had something there. The forum search didn't really get me anywhere.

Now I'm thinking whether the M33 might be enough, but I think that's a matter of taste.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Gizems nice Kittens wrote:Thank you for the links, I thought you had something there. The forum search didn't really get me anywhere.

Now I'm thinking whether the M33 might be enough, but I think that's a matter of taste.

You are very welcome, happy to help (if help I did). Yes, the internal forum search feature is not great. I recommend going to Google search and typing in the search box whatever it is you want to find information about, preceded (or followed) by onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

M33 is a nice intermediate body between slim and muscular, although it is probably a little closer to muscular. That said, it might be just a little bit less so than would typically work well for Arnie. But I can't say I've ever tried putting an Arnie head on one. Speaking of which, even with other heads, in certain cases you might find it helpful to stuff the neck (between the rubbery "flesh" and the stainless steel neck post) a little bit to get the right look. I do that all the time.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

GeeWillikers

The M33 is now also no longer available from GianToy, just as I was about to buy one. Neutral

Not paying the ridiculous prices (plus VAT) elsewhere.

I've messaged 'Amelia' to try and find out when/if they're getting more in.

skywalkersaga

Frustrating when GianToy runs out of stock... they are the best prices for those by far.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
GeeWillikers wrote:The M33 is now also no longer available from GianToy, just as I was about to buy one. Neutral Not paying the ridiculous prices (plus VAT) elsewhere. I've messaged 'Amelia' to try and find out when/if they're getting more in.

Hmmm they had them until recently. I'm sure they will stock up on them again, provided they are available from TBLeague. GianToy seems to be heavily invested in carrying TBLeague products. Good luck!

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
GubernatorFan wrote:Good luck!

Thanks Smile  It's probably just a case of bad timing on my part, I'm sure they'll have them back in stock soon.

More on topic: I've also just received a J10 PS (dark) and like the J10BS (wheat) it's a different shade than it's J11 counterpart, (this J10PS is somewhat more 'mud' coloured than the J11PS I already own) so it seems like the PS, BS and I assume YS suffixes are becoming increasingly arbitrary with those bodies, and they can only be depended on as a rough guide now.

A seller on Aliexpress is allegedy selling the new J12 BS01, but in the review comments one buyer complains that they've received a different shade altogether, so beware...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
GeeWillikers wrote:More on topic: I've also just received a J10 PS (dark) and like the J10BS (wheat) it's a different shade than it's J11 counterpart, (this J10PS is somewhat more 'mud' coloured than the J11PS I already own) so it seems like the PS, BS and I assume YS suffixes are becoming increasingly arbitrary with those bodies, and they can only be depended on as a rough guide now.
A seller on Aliexpress is allegedy selling the new J12 BS01, but in the review comments one buyer complains that they've received a different shade altogether, so beware...

Speaking from embarrassing personal experience, the difference between what you get with Jiaou Doll skin tones and what is shown in their promotional materials is so great, that I wouldn't be surprised if (like me) the buyer got exactly what he/she ordered, but it just looked unrecognizable, hence the complaint -- an honest error on the buyer's part, not the seller's. Of course, I don't know the particulars, and it could be otherwise. I'm just going by my experience.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
"Good News, Everyone!"

Got a reply from GianToy about the M33:

" Thanks a lot for contacting us.  
Sure! This item would be restocked soon. According to a recent communication with the supplier, it would be available in 1-2 weeks. 😉 "

BAMComix

BAMComix
GeeWillikers wrote:"Good News, Everyone!"

Got a reply from GianToy about the M33:

" Thanks a lot for contacting us.  
Sure! This item would be restocked soon. According to a recent communication with the supplier, it would be available in 1-2 weeks. 😉 "

Fantastic news! really pleased you will be able to get one bounce bounce bounce

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You might want to pre-order that then, Gee! Just in case. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I realise this thread is technically about the male jiaou bodies, but I have a question about the skintone on the female Jiaou bodies and couldn't find the right thread to post it in....

My question is regarding the regular 'large bust' female bodies. So, not the newer European or Asian ones, just the regular L bust bodies. I'm trying to figure out which skintone from that range is the closest to Tbleague's PALE skintone. I don't need photo comparisons or anything, just wondering if anyone else has already figured that out.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:My question is regarding the regular 'large bust' female bodies. So, not the newer European or Asian ones, just the regular L bust bodies. I'm trying to figure out which skintone from that range is the closest to Tbleague's PALE skintone. I don't need photo comparisons or anything, just wondering if anyone else has already figured that out.

I doubt the bust size would make a difference as to skin tone, but here is what I found by taking a look at the bodies in my collection. Just as in matching TBLeague's (slightly variable) "suntan" (where Jiaou's "wheat" and "KT" skin tones are the closest matches), TBLeague's "pale" seems to have two close Jiaou correspondences: "natural" and "pink." Both are slightly richer colors, of which "pink" is slightly lighter. There seems to be a "white" Jiaou skin tone (and now, more recently, even a "new white"), but I have not picked one of those up -- "natural" and "pink" already seemed too pale for my purposes. Anyway, here is a photo, in lieu of the next thousand words:

Jiaou Doll Male Bodies (10A, 11C, 12D, 17A) with TBLeague (M30, M31, M32, M33, M35) comparisons, Updated 8 February 2024 - Page 3 Jdtblc10

According to the linked GianToy article, the "white" skin tone (WS) is slightly yellowish, but the "new white" skin tone (WS01) is close to TBLeague's "pale":
https://giantoy.com/blogs/guides/skin-tones-of-jiaou-doll-seamless-figures (NSFW)

Hope this helps.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks so much for the comparison, that's very helpful. 

The reason I specified the bust size and type is because the 'new white' skintone that you mention (as seen on the GianToy comparison chart) is only available on those newer bodies. It's not available on the older the standard/regular large bust body, as far as I can see. I've not found any where that skintone is offered. It's only available on the European Large bust version. 

But it seems like the pink skintone might be the best alternative, so that is good to know. : )

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks so much for the comparison, that's very helpful. 

The reason I specified the bust size and type is because the 'new white' skintone that you mention (as seen on the GianToy comparison chart) is only available on those newer bodies. It's not available on the older the standard/regular large bust body, as far as I can see. I've not found any where that skintone is offered. It's only available on the European Large bust version. 

But it seems like the pink skintone might be the best alternative, so that is good to know. : )

You are very welcome. I wasn't (and still am not) completely sure if they still produce the older bodies and, if so, whether they are not now also available in the new white skin tone. If I were you and looking specifically for this, I would look on GianToy, as they are likely to label the different skin tones carefully. So whatever body type you are looking for, see if they have WS01 listed as an available skin tone. Of the three bodies in my photo, the "pink" one was indeed the older large-breasted version (the "natural" was medium).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, I'm unsure if there are any of those older L bust models available in the new skintone range. I don't see them on GianToy, and the rest I can see are old stock from random ebay sellers. So it looks like the Pink skintone for now, and fingers crossed it will be close enough. I had a look around a bit more, and it does seem like the pink jiaou skintone matches certain pale Super Duck heads. So that seems promising. 

Thank you again, this has been extremely helpful!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
No problem and good luck.

farla

what a insightful post! may i just ask... is there any head that matches Jiaou 12d YS? i have just bought a Damtoys head for it, hoping they would match. the head just seemed "lighter" in several photos ive seen. it still ended up darker than my body Sad

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
farla wrote:what a insightful post! may i just ask... is there any head that matches Jiaou 12d YS? i have just bought a Damtoys head for it, hoping they would match. the head just seemed "lighter" in several photos ive seen. it still ended up darker than my body Sad

Thank you. Well, as you can see in the post where I inserted the old male and female Jiaou bodies comparison, when I reached for a pale male head, I did not find one that actually matched -- the situation is a little better with female heads, where there are more pale and yellowish options. It occurs to me that something that might have worked is the Dragon Sam Worthington head I repainted to match TBLeague "suntan." Presumably, the same would apply to other Dragon heads of that type. But they also require a lot of frustrating modification to fit on the seamless necks.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3922-repainting-head-sculpts-to-match-body-updated-with-part-iii

Of course, one could repaint the head... but that can be a challenge too.

farla

GubernatorFan wrote:
farla wrote:what a insightful post! may i just ask... is there any head that matches Jiaou 12d YS? i have just bought a Damtoys head for it, hoping they would match. the head just seemed "lighter" in several photos ive seen. it still ended up darker than my body Sad

Thank you. Well, as you can see in the post where I inserted the old male and female Jiaou bodies comparison, when I reached for a pale male head, I did not find one that actually matched -- the situation is a little better with female heads, where there are more pale and yellowish options. It occurs to me that something that might have worked is the Dragon Sam Worthington head I repainted to match TBLeague "suntan." Presumably, the same would apply to other Dragon heads of that type. But they also require a lot of frustrating modification to fit on the seamless necks.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3922-repainting-head-sculpts-to-match-body-updated-with-part-iii

Of course, one could repaint the head... but that can be a challenge too.

thank you so much. i will look into it.

also, may i ask which "wheat" body could fit this head (photo below) ... would it be the (pinker) J11, or the J12D?

and would you know if this head (DAM EBS001) is a skintone match with your DAM 78075 that you used on your J12-BS? i might just buy a J12-bs then to match the head that i bought, if ever. Smile

here is the photo of my EBS001 on a J12D-YS. its obviously a mismatch lel
Jiaou Doll Male Bodies (10A, 11C, 12D, 17A) with TBLeague (M30, M31, M32, M33, M35) comparisons, Updated 8 February 2024 - Page 3 E9342f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The DAM 78075 head was repainted to work with TBLeague male suntan skin tone, in a couple of stages, and I don't recall whether the photos showing it above were done before the first of these stages. Luckily, I recently got the DAM EBS001 head, and here is how it matches with a couple of Jiaou's wheat (BS) bodies (unless they have changed the formula since) --

Jiaou Doll Male Bodies (10A, 11C, 12D, 17A) with TBLeague (M30, M31, M32, M33, M35) comparisons, Updated 8 February 2024 - Page 3 Ebsj0110

Jiaou Doll Male Bodies (10A, 11C, 12D, 17A) with TBLeague (M30, M31, M32, M33, M35) comparisons, Updated 8 February 2024 - Page 3 Ebsj0210

I think it is a very close match.

To keep the coloring more concentrated, you might find useful the painting nipples tutorial (I haven't done it to Jiaou bodies yet, but it is the same principle) --
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3686-painting-tbleague-phicen-nipples-tutorial-updated-with-alternatives

Hope this helps.

farla

GubernatorFan wrote:The DAM 78075 head was repainted to work with TBLeague male suntan skin tone, in a couple of stages, and I don't recall whether the photos showing it above were done before the first of these stages. Luckily, I recently got the DAM EBS001 head, and here is how it matches with a couple of Jiaou's wheat (BS) bodies (unless they have changed the formula since) --

Jiaou Doll Male Bodies (10A, 11C, 12D, 17A) with TBLeague (M30, M31, M32, M33, M35) comparisons, Updated 8 February 2024 - Page 3 Ebsj0110

Jiaou Doll Male Bodies (10A, 11C, 12D, 17A) with TBLeague (M30, M31, M32, M33, M35) comparisons, Updated 8 February 2024 - Page 3 Ebsj0210

I think it is a very close match.

To keep the coloring more concentrated, you might find useful the painting nipples tutorial (I haven't done it to Jiaou bodies yet, but it is the same principle) --
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3686-painting-tbleague-phicen-nipples-tutorial-updated-with-alternatives

Hope this helps.

oh wow! these are so helpful. Thank you so much! he seems like a great match! you're a savior. cheers cheers cheers

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Happy to help.

NTWarmachine

NTWarmachine
Hi there.
Would you happen to know if the JO-K10A-YS matches at all with the female Superduck pale skintone? I have an SDH017A and I'd like to know if it'll match well enough with the male Jiaou figures. I'm recreating an original character I drew.
I have an SDH017C as well that I successfully painted to match the Tbleague M35, but the character I'm recreating would look more accurate maintaining the original pale skintone.

https://www.instagram.com/ntwarmachine/

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
NTWarmachine wrote:Hi there.
Would you happen to know if the JO-K10A-YS matches at all with the female Superduck pale skintone? I have an SDH017A and I'd like to know if it'll match well enough with the male Jiaou figures. I'm recreating an original character I drew.
I have an SDH017C as well that I successfully painted to match the Tbleague M35, but the character I'm recreating would look more accurate maintaining the original pale skintone.
Hi.
I don't think I own the SDH017A or C heads. I own the SDH025A, B, and C heads, and I don't know how they compare to yours in skin tone, but I doubt they are pale. They do not match my one Jiaou female "natural" body, which I assume (by comparison with a male Jiaou body I have labeled the same way) means the YS. They do match with their KT and "wheat" bodies, but I cannot guarantee that these skin tones are consistent across different bodies or releases.
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I know a lot of people here dislike the Tbelague M31, but I am currently trying to decide between it and the slim/young male Jiaou body (sorry I cannot remember its number, but it's the one with really skinny legs, lol) for a certain project, and I was curious if anyone who owns both would mind posting a comparison between them. I'm mainly trying to figure out a comparison between the shoulder width.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:I know a lot of people here dislike the Tbelague M31, but I am currently trying to decide between it and the slim/young male Jiaou body (sorry I cannot remember its number, but it's the one with really skinny legs, lol) for a certain project, and I was curious if anyone who owns both would mind posting a comparison between them. I'm mainly trying to figure out a comparison between the shoulder width.
Let me see if I can dig one out.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Here is a super-brief comparison of Phicen/TBL M31 alongside Jiaou 10A. Hope this helps.

Jiaou Doll Male Bodies (10A, 11C, 12D, 17A) with TBLeague (M30, M31, M32, M33, M35) comparisons, Updated 8 February 2024 - Page 3 Pljoco10
Jiaou Doll Male Bodies (10A, 11C, 12D, 17A) with TBLeague (M30, M31, M32, M33, M35) comparisons, Updated 8 February 2024 - Page 3 Pljoco11

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GF -- it may be brief, but it's very thorough! Thank you so much, that is indeed extremely helpful. They are more similar in stature than I realised, though the legs on the M31 are much more 'shapely', lol.

The shoulder area seems similar in width, but if you had to pick based on seeing them in-hand, which one would you say has the least wide shoulders of the two? To me they look almost the same width, but the m31 is deeper chested?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:GF -- it may be brief, but it's very thorough! Thank you so much, that is indeed extremely helpful. They are more similar in stature than I realised, though the legs on the M31 are much more 'shapely', lol.

The shoulder area seems similar in width, but if you had to pick based on seeing them in-hand, which one would you say has the least wide shoulders of the two? To me they look almost the same width, but the m31 is deeper chested?
You are very welcome.

In my opinion, M31 is nicely sculpted from the back (and, yes, the legs), but something went wrong in the overly slender arms (noodle elbows) and the torso -- an elongated chest, perhaps unnaturally so (although I suppose there are different body types and this might actually exist) and a rather thin waist. I have speculated that to some extent they took the previous M30 body (which was shorter but beefier) and literally stretched it over the taller endoskeleton. The torso and waist of the Jiaou body look better to me, and to some extent the arms, too (they are less shapely, certainly, but not as strangely thin); the legs, however, are not good. A lot of this would not matter depending on how you dress them up. Both bodies are the easiest to dress in their respective brands.

I tried to measure the shoulders objectively and systematically, and to the extent that I succeeded, it seems to me that at a basically minimum width (with the arms pulled down parallel to the torso as much as possible) they are essentially the same -- I measured 8.2 cm for M31 and 8.1 cm for Jiaou (and I'm not sure the ostensible difference of 0.1 cm is real or accidental). M31 seems to be the one that you can make more broad-shouldered, depending on how you pose the joints (to a width of as much as 9.2 cm).

I hope this helps.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum