OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

David and Olivia: The Morning After

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1David and Olivia: The Morning After Empty David and Olivia: The Morning After Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:26 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Disclaimer: NSFW? While there is nothing explicit in the images below, one or two may be considered suggestively adult.

The trouble with leaving our figures kitted up after a shoot is that they can get into all sorts of additional trouble on their own... Especially if someone wants to identify a certain head sculpt and better photos might be desired... The result is a sequel to Women's Day.

After a relaxing evening and some well-deserved rest, David and Olivia woke up rejuvenated and ready to take on the beauty of the next location on their little vacation. After some travel and a bit of quick sightseeing, they took a walk on the sandy path next to the beach, hoping to find a secluded spot for kicking back with a bottle of wine.

David and Olivia: The Morning After Doma0110

Suddenly they heard someone call out Olivia's name from behind.

David and Olivia: The Morning After Doma0210

It was... Andy!? Olivia's ex. What the hell was he doing here? Did he follow them? And why was he on crutches... again?

David and Olivia: The Morning After Doma0310

No, he said, he didn't follow them. But what was she doing here with some other man? Andy had always wanted to bring Olivia to this very spot.

David and Olivia: The Morning After Doma0410

While Olivia was trying to think of a nice way to part, David, normally calm and sweet, was getting visibly annoyed and defensive, suggesting Olivia had always deserved better than a goofy, irresponsible, and accident-prone bum.

David and Olivia: The Morning After Doma0510

Knowing it to be true, Andy still managed a half-restrained, half-emotional appeal to Olivia to come to "her senses," although he knew the hollowness of his argument even as uttered the words.

David and Olivia: The Morning After Doma0610

David was about to charge Andy with the bottle in hand as a makeshift club, but Olivia gently restrained him and calmed him down, asking him to keep his cool and telling him Andy was not worth it.

David and Olivia: The Morning After Doma0710

Although she regretted the unintended offense, it did the trick, and a dejected Andy limped away on his crutches... he would have to find emotional support elsewhere.

David and Olivia: The Morning After Doma0810

The mood ruined, an upset Olivia and an irate David headed out another way. Olivia's awkwardness was compounded by Andy's state but she felt he had crossed the line and abused her kind nature.

David and Olivia: The Morning After Doma0910

Olivia was still a little uneasy about the "incident" in the evening.

David and Olivia: The Morning After Doma1010

Luckily, David had recovered his calm, and was able to attend to her and comfort her.

David and Olivia: The Morning After Doma1110

Their romance was not going to be derailed that easily.

David and Olivia: The Morning After Doma1210

2David and Olivia: The Morning After Empty Re: David and Olivia: The Morning After Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:51 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Great shoot, and Andy on crutches is a great Parks and Rec throwback! That beach background really does look excellent, as well as the city view. You even matched the direction of the lighting, which works really well, and I liked how you switched to something a bit darker and shadowier for the 2nd half.
Glad to see things worked out for them in the end as well Wink

3David and Olivia: The Morning After Empty Re: David and Olivia: The Morning After Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:58 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ha! Nice to see a continuation of their vacation, even if it did seem to go a little awry for them for a moment. I really like this Olivia figure, the headsculpt is adorable and looks great on that body. Like Rev said, the background are well done and that final shot especially so. ;D Andy from Parks and Rec was a hilarious cameo, lol.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

4David and Olivia: The Morning After Empty Re: David and Olivia: The Morning After Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:52 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Poor Andy. I feel bad for him, but he’s too much of a wimp for most women I’m guessing, including Olivia. Nice to see their entire trip wasn’t ruined, and David didn’t do something to land him in jail instead of in “the sheets.”

He who dies with the most toys wins!

David and Olivia: The Morning After C8485110

5David and Olivia: The Morning After Empty Re: David and Olivia: The Morning After Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:23 am

Diana

Diana
A beautiful little story. The backgrounds work and the posing is nicely done, especially in the last scene! So finely tuned. Smile

6David and Olivia: The Morning After Empty Re: David and Olivia: The Morning After Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:18 am

Illusion

Illusion
I admire your wealth of ideas for little stories and your enthusiasm to actually also shoot them and get them done. Thanks for the entertainment!! Keep them coming  Very Happy

(I once started little stories with my Pirates‘ „shelf share“ (managed to come up with 3 episodes so far)... with the arrival of AC Shay P. Cormac last September I had been planning to add another episode, but I couldn‘t get myself to get going with it Rolling Eyes - eventually he just moved in without further ado and without story  silent )

and I agree on Olivia being a lovely HS and excellent fit for this body.

7David and Olivia: The Morning After Empty Re: David and Olivia: The Morning After Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:09 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
A soap opera ! Nooo Olivia ! He´s not Mr. Right, You have to take Andy. Oh no !

Thanks for the entertainment again, Gube !

8David and Olivia: The Morning After Empty Re: David and Olivia: The Morning After Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:09 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:Great shoot, and Andy on crutches is a great Parks and Rec throwback!  That beach background really does look excellent, as well as the city view.  You even matched the direction of the lighting, which works really well, and I liked how you switched to something a bit darker and shadowier for the 2nd half.
Glad to see things worked out for them in the end as well Wink

Thank you very much, Adam! Glad you liked the reference. David and Olivia are also a reference, but to much shorter and more obscure series (but the head sculpts are not based on the right actors). I'm glad I was able to get some shots with a reasonably small amount of pixellation for the backgrounds. I appreciate you appreciating my efforts to get the light direction to work -- more or less -- leaving poor Andy in the shade. The cool beach background was one long photo, and shooting at the figures from different angles against a basically flat background (although the monitor actually curves a little) played havoc with the perspective. I think I have learned my lesson.

skywalkersaga wrote:Ha! Nice to see a continuation of their vacation, even if it did seem to go a little awry for them for a moment. I really like this Olivia figure, the headsculpt is adorable and looks great on that body. Like Rev said, the background are well done and that final shot especially so. ;D  Andy from Parks and Rec was a hilarious cameo, lol.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it -- and her. Even the final shot (I was wondering if it might be considered a little racy, but was hoping it will be interpreted as cute -- which is what I thought of it). Yep, Andy from P&R. See, I can be "current" sometimes! Oh, wait... Smile

Stryker2011 wrote:Poor Andy. I feel bad for him, but he’s too much of a wimp for most women I’m guessing, including Olivia. Nice to see their entire trip wasn’t ruined, and David didn’t do something to land him in jail instead of in “the sheets.”

I know, Chris Pratt a wimp, as if! Yeah, it was nice of Olivia to keep her bit of love out of jail. And it worked out nicely, as he was able to draw her out of a sad mood... like he always does. Smile

Diana wrote:A beautiful little story. The backgrounds work and the posing is nicely done, especially in the last scene! So finely tuned. Smile

Thank you so much, I'm very glad you liked this.

Illusion wrote:I admire your wealth of ideas for little stories and your enthusiasm to actually also shoot them and get them done. Thanks for the entertainment!! Keep them coming  Very Happy

(I once started little stories with my Pirates‘ „shelf share“ (managed to come up with 3 episodes so far)... with the arrival of AC Shay P. Cormac last September I had been planning to add another episode, but I couldn‘t get myself to get going with it Rolling Eyes - eventually he just moved in without further ado and without story  silent )

and I agree on Olivia being a lovely HS and excellent fit for this body.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it -- and her. Sometimes I get lucky to think of something that works ok -- more often than not it is spontaneous. When it comes to episodes, that requires more planning, more details, more preparation, and that slows things down to the point of sometimes letting them hang for months. I have two or three episode-based treads that I mean to come back to, and hopefully I will. So you're in company (hopefully good company). Smile

Ephiane wrote:A soap opera ! Nooo Olivia ! He´s not Mr. Right, You have to take Andy. Oh no ! Thanks for the entertainment again, Gube !

Thank you very much Ephiane (and welcome). Always love to amuse you. And I agree. What was Olivia thinking? I'm not really into guys, but I'd take Chris Pratt over anyone! LOL

9David and Olivia: The Morning After Empty Re: David and Olivia: The Morning After Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:31 am

ZombieTestSubject

And a cute follow up with the same characters. Still, gotto feel bad for Andy. Hope you have him find happiness eventually too.

10David and Olivia: The Morning After Empty Re: David and Olivia: The Morning After Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:41 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
LOL! Nothing like a bit of drama to upset the otherwise smooth romance of David and Olivia's vacation. I concur that all of the backgrounds look awesome blended with the foreground, and the figures themselves photograph well against these backdrops. Even though Andy is on crutches and semi-handicapped ('Andy-capped?'), he seems jacked enough to hold his own even without the use of one of his legs. Also, those night-time city skyline shots look great, but they may consider closing the curtains at some point lest stalker Andy is spying on them with a pair of binoculars across the street.

11David and Olivia: The Morning After Empty Re: David and Olivia: The Morning After Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:54 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ZombieTestSubject wrote:And a cute follow up with the same characters. Still, gotto feel bad for Andy. Hope you have him find happiness eventually too.

Thank you very much, glad you liked it. I do feel bad for Andy, too. But you know what? He seems to have more luck with brunettes. I hope I don't jinx it. Fingers crossed, knock on wood, touch iron, all that. Smile

AlKelAstra91 wrote:LOL! Nothing like a bit of drama to upset the otherwise smooth romance of David and Olivia's vacation. I concur that all of the backgrounds look awesome blended with the foreground, and the figures themselves photograph well against these backdrops. Even though Andy is on crutches and semi-handicapped ('Andy-capped?'), he seems jacked enough to hold his own even without the use of one of his legs. Also, those night-time city skyline shots look great, but they may consider closing the curtains at some point lest stalker Andy is spying on them with a pair of binoculars across the street.

Andy-capped!? Love it. Puns will get you everywhere... with me. LOL Yeah, I thought I'd have him attack David with one of the crutches only to fall on his ass, but then I thought it would actually lessen/cheapen the emotional dimension of the scene. Look at me talk all fancy about "art." Smile And although Andy is awesome, I really don't think he can get up there on crutches, so they are ok with the open curtains and the view of the city. But Andy thanks you for having faith in him. Smile I'm glad you liked the scenes.

12David and Olivia: The Morning After Empty Re: David and Olivia: The Morning After Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:54 pm

A Man

13David and Olivia: The Morning After Empty Re: David and Olivia: The Morning After Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:29 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
A Man wrote:It has now been several days since I read the story, and the questions still haunt me:
What had happened to Andy?  What will happen to Andy?  Will we ever know? Why the crutches? A small accident, or just a prop to good to remain unused?
Or maybe a metaphor for his post-breakup emotional state?  
Ah, the uncertainty, the questons.

LOL Thanks for commenting. What happened to Andy? Well, no one knows exactly, but last time he was on crutches, it was because he fell into a pit, trying to take a shortcut to his then girlfriend's house. The specific introduction of the crutches by me was in fact a prop too good to remain unused. I had intended it for those seamless-ankled female bodies that can't stand on their own, but since I hate that about them, I've buried them too deep to be handy and never got a chance to show off the prop with them. But I did use it HERE (Part XXI = Post 148). And then didn't take that apart until it came handy for Andy and this present photo story. But, yes, the crutches also reflect Andy's crippled emotional state. We actually know what happens to Andy, but should I give it away yet? Wouldn't that be spoilers for future spin-offs? Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum