OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Recommended body for the 1/6 Super Duck SET055 (Tifa) & SET057 (Aerith)?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ghost_Rider_1970

Hi, I would be so very grateful for your help and advice.

I'm very new to the world of 1/6 figures and collectables. Where from recently rediscovering the delights of Final Fantasy VII following the remake I would love the 1/6th figures of Tifa and Aerith to go alongside my Cloud Strife figure.

Following a lot of research, I finally decided to opt for the Super Duck SET055 (Tifa) & SET057 (Aerith) kits as I am so very drawn to the facial detail and the style of the clothing for both characters. Of course, the Super Duck sets are supplied without bodies where I am ideally looking for ones with detail and to be anatomically correct.

I believe the recommended body for both is the S10D. Although admittedly, I find the breasts somewhat on the large side so am really looking for mid sized. From my research, I have tentatively narrowed my choices to the following. Where I would be so very grateful for your thoughts and which body type you consider the most suitable:

• S10D - As outlined above, ideally I'm looking for a body with smaller breasts and is anatomically detailed

• S22A - This could be a good choice although for me I do find the leg and muscle definition a little too much

• S24A & S26A - Although I really like the Asian styling, these figures are a little shorter in height so wonder if the Super Duck heads may be somewhat oversized. Also, could these bodies be a little on the small size proportionally for the stature of the characters being portrayed?

• S32A - This again is another style I like, although conversely to S24A & S26A this is a little taller than the standard figures with longer legs. Indeed I am unsure if this may a little too tall, especially when sided with my Cloud Strife Play Arts Kai statue. Also, do you think the torso be a little disproportionate in comparison to both Tifa and Aerith?

• S34A - This too is is another possibility, although similar to S24A & S26A could this be a little on the small side physically. Maybe even too young stylistically when taking the representative ages of both Tifa & Aerith into account?

• S36A - Admittedly, this is my favourite choice at the moment as it appears to be the right height, is based on anime, and has all the detail I'm looking for. My only issue is if the hips are a little too wide with both Tifa and Aerith being more slender in build, or if the Super Duck clothes will fit.

I appreciate after taking everything into consideration this is a subjective topic and may ultimately come down to personal preference. Although with this being my first journey into the world of 1/6 figures any help or advice will be so very much appreciated. Especially if there any other suitable choices I may have discounted or not even taken into consideration (e.g. the Jiaou bodies). Another important aspect I may be overlooking is skin tone. As all my options listed are for the pale models and whether or not suntan would be a better option. Again, any suggestions you have will be so very gratefully received.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post, and I'll really look forward to you kind thoughts and suggestions.

Paul Smile

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
I personally prefer more natural body types such as the S28a-S29b but I think that wouldn't fit the look you're going for. Another body that I like that you should take a look at is the S18a-S19b since it's very similar to the S10 but sporting a smaller bust with a waist that's not as tiny as all the ones you've listed. Giantoy list's the S18A's special area to be Vague if that also helps.

Good luck!

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
I can't tell you exactly what goes with the Superduck sets either.

Before you take the S10 body, I would recommend the S18 in terms of appearance.

About the S34: Remember that the body cannot stand without support, you will need a stand for your figure.

About the S36: The anime figure is anatomically very difficult. On top, she has dress sizes almost like a Barbie or the narrow S26. Around the bottom, it's more like a full-grown phicen like S18/20/22/32.

I would like to recommend two articles to you, but beware! nothing is censored there. All parts of the Phicens are visible.

https://giantoy.com/blogs/guides/tbleague-phicen-standard-female-figures-comparison-with-photo-body-shape

https://giantoy.com/blogs/guides/how-to-choose-the-right-phicen-tbleague-female-body

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hello and welcome!

If you are looking for a body that doesn't have large bust, you could try the s16a (pale) body. It's more slender in the hips than the s10d. It also is probably a more comparable height and stature to the s10d than some of the other options you've listed.

Recommended body for the 1/6 Super Duck SET055 (Tifa) & SET057 (Aerith)? S16a10

Good source for purchasing tbleague bodies:

https://giantoy.com/products/1-6-phicen-tbleague-stainless-steel-skeleton-seamless-female-body-12-inch-skin-tone-pale-3?_pos=1&_sid=7fa8efe50&_ss=r

Some things to keep in mind:

-s10d doesn't have the lower 'details' (it only has detailing on the nipples). If that's a requirement for you, then just be aware of that.

- s24a/s25b are really nice bodies (in fact, most of my female figures are on these at the moment), but unfortunately I do suspect they would be too small for the Super Duck head sculpts. Super Duck heads tend to be on the larger side these days. Likewise, these bodies are very petite compared to the s10d, and so the outfit from the set will likely not fit them at all. So, for these Super Duck sets, you'd probably be best off sticking to Tbleague's 'regular height' body range.

For more info on these bodies, see some of these threads:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t292-new-product-tbleague-1-6-super-flexible-female-seamless-bodies-s24a-25b-26a-27b?highlight=s24a

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t627-tbleague-super-flexible-female-seamless-bodies-s24a-s27b?highlight=s24a

- The 34a will also have a similar problem. While this body is taller than the s24a, it is still quite petite. It also doesn't have the ability to stand on its own unless wearing certain types of boots, so it would be limited in function for your purpose. And as mentioned above, it would probably be too slender for the outfits.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2544-new-product-tbleague-1-6-female-super-flexible-seamless-body-s34-s35-with-head-sculpt-34a-34a-without-head-sculpt?highlight=anime+body

- s36 is even MORE petite. It will be much too small for both headsculpts and the outfit.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2837-new-product-tbleague-1-6-girl-anime-s36-s37-small-waist-fine-body?highlight=anime+girl

- the s32 may have more success than the other alternatives, but it's quite a tall body (one of the tallest female base bodies they've made so far). I also personally prefer the s16a to it, but that's my own bias coming through. ; )

Hope this helps somewhat. I can't comment on the Jiaou bodies as I don't currently own any and only have limited experience with them.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard. My advice for both of the sets you want to use is simple — use the recommended body. With any of the sets in which a body is actually used in the promo pics, and it is listed as such — that means the manufacturer (in this case SD), used that body to tailor both the head and the outfit to fit. Not that other bodies may not work, it will just be a little more difficult. Clothing these seamless bodies is already a challenge, and often a serious pain in the @$$, don’t make it harder on yourself if you don’t really have to. And take a look around the forum for tips and tricks for caring for these bodies — preventing stains, cleaning, etc.. This hobby can get really expensive, really fast, if you aren’t careful and patient.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Recommended body for the 1/6 Super Duck SET055 (Tifa) & SET057 (Aerith)? C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:Welcome aboard. My advice for both of the sets you want to use is simple — use the recommended body. With any of the sets in which a body is actually used in the promo pics, and it is listed as such — that means the manufacturer (in this case SD), used that body to tailor both the head and the outfit to fit. Not that other bodies may not work, it will just be a little more difficult. Clothing these seamless bodies is already a challenge, and often a serious pain in the @$$, don’t make it harder on yourself if you don’t really have to. And take a look around the forum for tips and tricks for caring for these bodies — preventing stains, cleaning, etc.. This hobby can get really expensive, really fast, if you aren’t careful and patient.

Definitely agree with this advice. If I were getting these sets, I'd go with the recommended body.  But just thought I'd offer alternative in case the OP has their mind made up about not wanting to use the recommended one.

Ghost_Rider_1970

Oh wow!!! Thank you all so much for the warm welcome and your very informative replies.

There is so much wonderful advice and is really helping me decide on the best figures for my character sets. Especially taking into account those with non-removeable feet like the S34 so are not able to stand on their own or be able to use the pegged feet or foot ware. Plus the dimensions of the others either being too small in height or disproportionate for the head and clothes.

I am so very grateful to everyone for all your time posting such valuable information and the links too. Where I also really do take the points raised about care and maintenance, including tips and tricks to help prevent staining etc. Thank you so much.

I think from your kind posts that if anything the manufacturer recommended S10D or the suggested S18A could be the best options to help me realise the overall look I'm hoping for.

Admittedly both Super Duck sets are on pre-order for arrival later on in the year, where I'll look to post both the Tifa and Aerith figures along with the details of the bodies I ultimately decide on and how I assembled them.

I really am truly so very grateful for all your advice, support, and encouragement.

With my kindest regards
Paul

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
So glad to be of some help to you, Paul. It can definitely be a bit overwhelming when first getting into these tbleague bodies, especially when you aren't able compare all the different types directly in person.

Good luck with both of those sets, I think those choices seem sensible. ^.^

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
skywalkersaga wrote:So glad to be of some help to you, Paul. It can definitely be a bit overwhelming when first getting into these tbleague bodies, especially when you aren't able compare all the different types directly in person.

Good luck with both of those sets, I think those choices seem sensible. ^.^

Tell me about it jeez. I ordered two s29b's from kghobby but started to panic after the order because I was really worried of the bodies not fitting right with the stuff I currently have but at this point I've reassured myself that the measurements are correct. I wish tbleague could display the bodies in some cloths along with being nude so you get a better sense of the final shape once dressed.

thegreatshaggy

thegreatshaggy
I didn't go with the Super Duck Tifa and took the War Story Deluxe version, but my recommendation is that since Tifa is very *cough* blessed in chest size, I would stick with the TBLeague S10D or something comparable to it. As for Aerith, who is nowhere near that well endowed, I have the Super Duck on Pre-Order but rethinking my slection after seeing the Copy Cat version. Either or, I going with the s16a (pale) body for her

Ghost_Rider_1970

Yeah! There are some super sets and took me quite a while to decide before going for the Super Duck versions. I just personally thought they have a slightly more detailed and natural look without being too 'dolly' if you see what I mean.

I must admit I didn't even realise Copycat did a version of Aerith, which really does looks superb. I also like that she comes with a basket of flowers too! I'm just glad I have the SD versions on order though, otherwise I could see myself in another quandary over which to go for. Especially as I'm still trying to decide on which body to get, haha!

To keep thinks even more interesting I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that Jesse Rasberry is released at some point...

Decisions, decision Laughing

thegreatshaggy

thegreatshaggy
Ghost_Rider_1970 wrote:To keep thinks even more interesting I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that Jesse Rasberry is released at some point...

Decisions, decision Laughing

The fun thing is just six months ago it was like an explosion of Final Fantasy VII figures to choose from. A quick rundown, which is nowhere complete:

• Super Duck Fantasy Fight Goddess (Tifa)
    Super Duck Fantasy Wizard (Aerith)
    Super Duck Mercenary (Cloud)
    SWTOYS Tifa Lockhart
    Gametoys Cloud Strife
    Gametoys Cloud Strike deluxe w/ locomotive motorcycle
    Gametoys Sephiroth
    VSToys Tifa Lockhart
    VSToys Nanaki Red XIII
    CopyCat Aerith
    WarToys Tifa Lockhart
    WarToys Tifa Lockhart deluxe edition
    Generic Tifa Lockhart outfit w/ head

I would like to see Barrett, Jesse Raspberry, Reno and Rude round out the group from the first installment. But I'm sure will also get Yuffie, Vincent, and Cid at some point later on with the other releases.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum