OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Monsterarts Godzilla 1954 Review

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Monsterarts Godzilla 1954 Review Empty Monsterarts Godzilla 1954 Review Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:49 am

Adeno

One of my favorite versions of Godzilla, the original 1954 design! Hilariously, this toy version also managed to capture Godzilla's wonky eyes Very Happy

If you're wondering what in the world was that movie at the very end that Godzilla re-enacted, it's called "The Astrologer", one of those movies from 1975 that can be consider "so bad, it's good!" You can find the full movie on youtube, I highly recommend seeing it for the unintentional laughs Very Happy

Or just see a little "best moments" compilation I made lol!

2Monsterarts Godzilla 1954 Review Empty Re: Monsterarts Godzilla 1954 Review Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:22 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
now this looks like a good quality figure. one can argue whether the look suits a personal taste, retro or modern, but it's undoubtedly faithful to the iconic source material.
there was a time when those old originals aired on local tv regularly and truth be told i enjoyed them every weekend for their very cheesyness and entertainment value.
you cant go wrong with a few cans of beer and an old godzilla movie on a lazy afternoon Smile
growing up in the 80s i had the originals as my source and very simple stiff toys to go along, would have loved this figure back in the day even if i now its not a "toy" Wink

3Monsterarts Godzilla 1954 Review Empty Re: Monsterarts Godzilla 1954 Review Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:09 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow those eyes are extra wonky. Smile But I agree it captures the original look very well. Nicely done figure. Thank you for the review.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum