OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
“Grogu and I can feel each other's thoughts.”

In the widely acclaimed The Mandalorian, our hero Din DjarinTM was quested to return the mysterious baby Grogu to his kind. In his journey across the galaxy, he was guided to seek out the former Jedi™ Ahsoka Tano on the forest planet of Corvus™ where Star Wars fans were elated to see the Togruta™ hero depicted in live-action for the first time!

To further expand The Mandalorian collectible series, Hot Toys is delighted to introduce a new 1/6th scale collectible set from our proud DX Series, featuring Ahsoka Tano and Grogu for all Star Wars fans to enjoy!

The highly-accurate Ahsoka collectible figure features a meticulously crafted head sculpt with separate rolling eyeballs features and articulated head-tails, specialized physique, skillfully tailored outfit with fine details, a pair of lightsabers, interchangeable lightsaber blades emulating the weapon in motion, and a cloak.

The Grogu collectible figure is featuring a newly developed head sculpt with great likeness, articulated head and arms.

This special set specially features a forest theme backdrop and display base along with a lantern to recreate the memorable scene when Ahsoka and Grogu first meet.

Enhance your Star Wars collection now with this amazing collectible set that captures the memorable scene between two beloved characters!

SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEDX21
PRODUCT NAMEAHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™
HEIGHTAHSOKA APPROX. 28.5CM TALL; GROGU APPROX. 6CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS28
SPECIAL FEATURESA LANTERN, GROGU IN STANDING POSTURE
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY N/A
HEAD PAINTED BY N/A
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY N/A
The 1/6th scale Ahsoka TanoTM Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Ahsoka Tano in Star Wars: The Mandalorian
- Newly developed head sculpt with separate rolling eyeballs features
- Highly-accurate facial expression, make up, and detailed facial patterns
- Newly sculpted blue and white striped montrals and head-tails embedded with bendable wires
- Body with over 28 points of articulations
- Approximately 28.5 cm tall
- Five (5) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of lightsabers holding hands
- One (1) right fist
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume :
- One (1) grey colored cloak with weathering effects (embedded with bendable wire)
- One (1) grey colored vest with layered collars
- One (1) pair of weathered gauntlets in bluish green with black colored forearm gloves
- One (1) dark brown colored belt with detailed accessories
- One (1) grey colored under belt with patterns
- One (1) pair of finely tailored grey colored pants with patterns
- One (1) pair of black colored shoes and bluish green colored armors with weathering effects

Weapons:
- One (1) pair lightsaber
- One (1) pair of lightsaber blade in motion (attachable to the hilt)

Accessories:
- One (1) lantern
- One (1) forest themed backdrop
- Specially designed forest diorama dynamic figure base with tree trunk and rocks

The 1/6th scale GroguTM Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Grogu in Star Wars: The Mandalorian
- One (1) newly developed Grogu in standing posture (Approximately 6cm tall; with articulated function)
- One (1) pair of interchangeable force-using hands
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Release date: Approximately Q3 – Q4, 2022

*Prototype shown is not final. Pending licensor approval
**Product details are subject to change without further notice

© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
© 2021 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 11470
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 2783
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 3527
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 4476
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 5455
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 6427
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 7412
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 8389
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 9374
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 13298
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 14274
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 15256
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 16236
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 17223
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 18208
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 19187
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 20152
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 21183
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 22158
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 23141

#newproduct #HotToys #StarWars #TheMandalorian #AhsokaTano #Grogu #female #male #Sci-Fi #Disney+

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
I still haven’t seen The Mandalorian yet (I’m going to get the free trial of Disney+ at some point and just binge everything XD) but damn, this looks GOOD!

Great likeness and the clothing is just *chef’s kiss*

ahbake

That's one beautiful looking figure!
The seamless shoulders might be a problem for posing, but it looks gorgeous.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I suppose this answers my question posted to the standard Ahsoka alone version. They must have used a real actress in the Mandalorian. And the face looks better in these photos. Very nice set. I think when people are done collecting these, there may be a surplus of Grogus. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If anyone’s on the fence in either North America or Europe, you better start shopping now or be prepared to have your wallets destroyed by the scumbag filth at Sideshow. This just went live on several sites around 12:30 and is showing as Wait-Listed already. Why? Because the a-holes at Sideshow heavily (and I do mean heavily) limits the number of units per retailer of anything and everything that others receive of Hot Toys products (think below 75 units), just so they can viciously screw over not only the customers, with their ridiculous tax and shipping, but also the retailers — and keep the lion’s share of the profits from the largest 1/6 manufacturer (and threaten to cut them off completely if they carry unlicensed products). The absolutely disgusting business practices of this company, and their accomplice in Hot Toys, makes me question my own desire to order any of the stuff from either company at this point. Their end goal seems to be to drive all of these smaller mom&pop companies out of business. Sad... and disgusting.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET C8485110

csyeung

csyeung
I'm leaning towards the regular version. I already got 2 from the deluxe mando and I think that's enough for me. The base and lantern don't really excite me, esp since the lantern doesn't light up =(.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:I'm leaning towards the regular version. I already got 2 from the deluxe mando and I think that's enough for me. The base and lantern don't really excite me, esp since the lantern doesn't light up =(.

Neither do her lightsabers...

starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET C8485110

Ovy

Ovy
Haha, wait, the lightsabers DON'T light up?
But yeah they are kinda tricky, because of the smaller than regular lightsaber size and shape. The guy I printed the Ahsoka head for also wants to make the lightsabers go light up. I printed them larger but you need more diameter and a cylindrical form to attach the light tube you can see in the video below.

So Hot toys seems to have the same problem.
We made these cylindrical attachments to hold the tubes and merge them to the hilts. You couldn't sell something like this if you are Hot Toys of course. There would.alco be cables.
That one original hot toys Obi Wan figure one had the battery inside the hand or something?
starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET Img_2089

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Most (probably all) of the HT light-up lightsabers have the lightsaber hilt and hand+lower arm attached to each other and the batteries go inside the middle arm. The blade itself can be exchanged between that attached handle and a loose one that does not illuminate.

Ovy

Ovy
Ah yes that makes sense. It's one LED lighting up a transparent colored blade and not a glowing tube though?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Ah yes that makes sense. It's one LED lighting up a transparent colored blade and not a glowing tube though?

Correct, the light shines from the base (hilt), and caries through the plastic cone as best it can -- but no glowing tube.

csyeung

csyeung
Stryker2011 wrote:
csyeung wrote:I'm leaning towards the regular version. I already got 2 from the deluxe mando and I think that's enough for me. The base and lantern don't really excite me, esp since the lantern doesn't light up =(.

Neither do her lightsabers...

Yeah, which also makes me presume that they are using an upper body like the Wonder Woman where there is no elbow joint so they can't make the separate arm attachment with the batteries to work with it.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
About a year ago, there was a guy selling 1/6 lightsabers that had the battery inside the hilt, and the entire tube was the light — they were awesome but about $100 each, so I passed— and I’ve regretted it since. It amazes me how some dude in his garage/basement etc. can make stuff like that, but a company like Hot Toys with a crap ton of money, can’t seem to figure it out. Path of least resistance, cheap materials, and price gouging, equals massive profits for figures that unless kept in exacting environmental conditions will rot in less than a year. Sad really. There is zero reason why the lantern and lightsabers don’t light up, especially at this cost.

Diana

Diana
She looks awesome!! I loved that scene. Very Happy

blackpool

blackpool
That’s very tempting... a bit worried by that wonderwoman like body but I might fall into the mando franchise for her (btw GF, yes it is the actress Rosario Dawson, perfectly portrayed)

I feel like phicen dyers are gonna be back in business soon!

Diana

Diana
blackpool wrote:That’s very tempting... a bit worried by that wonderwoman like body but I might fall into the mando franchise for her (btw GF, yes it is the actress Rosario Dawson, perfectly portrayed)

I feel like phicen dyers are gonna be back in business soon!
Ugh! I love my WW in training armor, but posing her is no fun at all and had I known I would not have bought her. So much she can't do! And there is just no TBL body that matches the physique, both in terms of fitting the clothes (tight fitting clothes especially) as well as in terms of that beautiful muscle definition that these HT bodies rock... Even the S22/23 can't match that. *umph*

Skippy

Denying the Regular base from the so-called 'Deluxe' set was an unkind move by Hot Toys.

The Regular was never listed in the UK Facebook group that I'm generally buying Hot Toys from, but the Deluxe was identical to KG Hobby's price on the day, so I preordered that instead.

However, I really do prefer the Regular base as that scene on the bridge was so evocative. Thematically, it reminded me of the garden at the House of Blue Leaves in Kill Bill Vol. 1. Very Kurosawa too.

starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 51118322332_a0bd35b3f3_o

starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 51125522514_c940b7e8e1_o

starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 51122299610_20946c2b0f_o

The Deluxe base, which is identical to the one that came with the Empire Strikes Back Yoda with the support rod placed on the opposite side, will be donated to another figure - very likely Xensation's Hugh Glass.

I still want to imagine Ahsoka on the bridge, so I made my own version from dremelled MDF. Couldn't do much about replicating the water, but since it's largely only symbolic of water and obviously the wrong colour I can live without it.

starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 51120571154_627b13dbde_o

starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 51120290787_0ef1513a2c_o

starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 51120374017_555fb63a07_o

The support rod, which is embedded into the MDF, is from one of the cheap Red Team black oval stands that I buy in batches of ten on eBay every so often. The rod seems to be an exact copy of Hot Toys'.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice work on that base, Asta.

Skippy

GubernatorFan wrote:Very nice work on that base, Asta.

Thanks. Smile

It was surprisingly quick to do. I waited to see if the Regular version was going to be listed, then finally relented and ordered the Deluxe. The same day I was compelled to try and replicate the Regular base.

When I say "compelled", it really was a matter of making sure I'd be prepared to imagine Ahsoka on the bridge, and not have to rely on trying to buy a parted out base.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks good, Asta. And yeah, pretty sucky of HT to not include both stands — particularly for the cost.

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:Looks good, Asta. And yeah, pretty sucky of HT to not include both stands — particularly for the cost.

Thanks, and yes it's one of the more annoying things HT has done.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Ahsoka (..and Grogu) turned out great!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

csyeung

csyeung
I like it! I went with the regular version for this. Looks to me like they are using the new formula for the seamless body. Appears to be more articulated than their older rubber bodies.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
A couple in hand pics. Photos by yu_nai_tou

starwars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: AHSOKA TANO™ & GROGU™ 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE SET 48673510

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, she looks very good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum