OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Syy toys No.001 1/6 Scale Greek Fighter

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
configure:
Head carving * 1
Plastid * 1
Hand type * 6
Leather skirt * 1
Shoes * 2
Belt * 1
Helmet * 1 (metal)
Armor * 1 (metal)
Wrist guard * 2 (metal)
Shin guard * 2 (metal)
Sword * 1 (metal)
Spear * 1 (metal, wood)
Shield * 1 (metal)

SyyToys - NEW PRODUCT: Syy toys No.001 1/6 Scale Greek Fighter O1cn0264
SyyToys - NEW PRODUCT: Syy toys No.001 1/6 Scale Greek Fighter O1cn0265
SyyToys - NEW PRODUCT: Syy toys No.001 1/6 Scale Greek Fighter O1cn0266
SyyToys - NEW PRODUCT: Syy toys No.001 1/6 Scale Greek Fighter O1cn0267
SyyToys - NEW PRODUCT: Syy toys No.001 1/6 Scale Greek Fighter O1cn0268
SyyToys - NEW PRODUCT: Syy toys No.001 1/6 Scale Greek Fighter O1cn0269
SyyToys - NEW PRODUCT: Syy toys No.001 1/6 Scale Greek Fighter O1cn0270
SyyToys - NEW PRODUCT: Syy toys No.001 1/6 Scale Greek Fighter O1cn0272
SyyToys - NEW PRODUCT: Syy toys No.001 1/6 Scale Greek Fighter O1cn0271

#newproduct #SyyToys #GreekFighter #male #movie-based

Valiarde

Valiarde
Recast from Pangaea - but given the original is 500+ dollar on ebay (lol) it is a nice option, if you support recast sellers...

For my ancient (fantasy/movie/...) figure collection, this one can be a nice base to work with Smile

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Valiarde wrote:Recast from Pangaea - but given the original is 500+ dollar on ebay (lol) it is a nice option, if you support recast sellers...

For my ancient (fantasy/movie/...) figure collection, this one can be a nice base to work with Smile

For what it's worth, the body seems worse than the ACI body the Pangaea came with. One immediate impact is glaringly visible knee joints, that were concealed in the original. Also smooth glossy skin texture looks a lot worse. But I suppose it doesn't matter if the price point makes it feasible to swap onto a seamless body, and particularly, if it's priced at the point where it can be an "army builder." All around it would have made more sense to recast this as purely an armor/weapons set, with or without the head, no body.

Valiarde

Valiarde
I agree, an armor weapon set would be enough. I would switch that head and body anyway...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I was going to say the same thing. Looks like a cheaper re-do of the Pangaea version from a few years ago. Given its price (then and now), it is probably a very nice thing to have, especially if someone is looking to improve the set by substituting another body, etc.

JohnByng

I agree with everybody. The fantasy armour might be worth getting. I have the original and it is a much better proportioned figure and a better likeness of Brad.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
By all appearances the body is well below the ACI one that Pangaea used originally; the armor and gear look identical but may be downgraded on material; and the Brad Pitt sculpt looks like a pretty decent copy of the Pangaea one, actually. What happened with the knees to make them exposed this time around is puzzling -- maybe the greaves are shorter or sit lower.

What happened to Pangaea, are they still around? Is there any possible chance Syy is a rebrand or a subsidiary company and not a pirate recaster? I suppose not. Pangaea won my heavy respect when they acknowledged criticisms that the helm was too inferior to the prototype, and they actually made and shipped out replacement helms (which probably didn't help them too much financially). They became the foundation of my Greek group, because I got 2 of the General, and so they came with 2 more helmets.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Not sure about Syy’s origins, but Pangea is Kaustic Plastik’s sister.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

SyyToys - NEW PRODUCT: Syy toys No.001 1/6 Scale Greek Fighter C8485110

ahbake

The armour looks even more oversized on this than on the original Pangaea figure...

JohnByng

Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:By all appearances the body is well below the ACI one that Pangaea used originally; the armor and gear look identical but may be downgraded on material; and the Brad Pitt sculpt looks like a pretty decent copy of the Pangaea one, actually.  What happened with the knees to make them exposed this time around is puzzling -- maybe the greaves are shorter or sit lower.

What happened to Pangaea, are they still around?  Is there any possible chance Syy is a rebrand or a subsidiary company and not a pirate recaster?  I suppose not.  Pangaea won my heavy respect when they acknowledged criticisms that the helm was too inferior to the prototype, and they actually made and shipped out replacement helms (which probably didn't help them too much financially).  They became the foundation of my Greek group, because I got 2 of the General, and so they came with 2 more helmets.

The original armour was plastic so this should definitely be an upgrade!

Valiarde

Valiarde
JohnByng wrote:
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:By all appearances the body is well below the ACI one that Pangaea used originally; the armor and gear look identical but may be downgraded on material; and the Brad Pitt sculpt looks like a pretty decent copy of the Pangaea one, actually.  What happened with the knees to make them exposed this time around is puzzling -- maybe the greaves are shorter or sit lower.

What happened to Pangaea, are they still around?  Is there any possible chance Syy is a rebrand or a subsidiary company and not a pirate recaster?  I suppose not.  Pangaea won my heavy respect when they acknowledged criticisms that the helm was too inferior to the prototype, and they actually made and shipped out replacement helms (which probably didn't help them too much financially).  They became the foundation of my Greek group, because I got 2 of the General, and so they came with 2 more helmets.

The original armour was plastic so this should definitely be an upgrade!

Good catch, definately an upgrade for me.

JohnByng

The cuirass only covers the chest (as does the Pangaea) which might be a bit of a limitation for using on other figures. In reality in ancient Greece the early cuirass would have been more like wearing a very large dustbin! Much less room for manoeuvre and would make for quite a dull movie. Smile

Here is the Pangaea figure:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232476

Not my listing and I am in no way connected with it!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum