OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Toys: 1/6 scale Slave Planet Princess Head Sculpt & Outfit Set

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

skywalkersaga

Well, as Stryker said... it's probably not a huge deal to use the taller recommended body in this instance, since she's mostly either sitting/reclining, on her own on the skiff, or briefly swinging through the air with Luke. The only scene she's really standing next to Han while wearing the bikini is the deleted sandstorm scene, and of course she's covered with a cloak/poncho thingie. ;p 

I am mostly just thinking outloud, since I'm not even certain I'd use this entire set -- I'm considering potentially using this headsculpt for a totally different RotJ kitbash, presuming it was small enough to fit on the s25b I have in mind. 

And my own preference for highlighting (and even exaggerating) height differences between romantic couples is just my own...no one else needs to adhere to that. Razz

Stryker2011

Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote: since I'm not even certain I'd use this entire set. Razz

WHAT?! No Slave Leia?! Blasphemy! Crying or Very sad

skywalkersaga

Stryker2011 wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote: since I'm not even certain I'd use this entire set. Razz

WHAT?! No Slave Leia?! Blasphemy!   Crying or Very sad

It depends on how much space I have, I suppose. I've been planning to do the Ewok village dress for a while now, and even had purchased a loose HT Endor Leia head to use for it, but it depends on whether I can find a body that matches it well enough. Otherwise I might be tempted to use this one, since it will presumably match a tbleague body. 

I also really want a Boushh Leia (probably my ultimate grail Leia, tbh). Though I guess I could do all three... Razz

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Sky, you should definitely do all three. Wink Sideshow had a Boushh Leia but it is probably all long gone and astronomically expensive if you tried to get it -- or parted out pieces for a kitbash; the head would have benefited from updating to an HT one. I wanted to do that myself, but held back due to the cost.

MBAM, thanks for the additional details. I may know a bunch about Star Wars sets and uniforms from my efforts to recreate them in various scales, but I did not realize there was so much manipulation involved due to Leia's height. You are right, getting her height right is a quandry -- and not just whether one goes for the height of the suited-up actress or for that of the on-screen character, since the latter varies depending on what was possible or desired in a shot. I'm going with the actress, and if trying to recreate a specific shot I will try to pay attention and adjust accordingly.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:Sky, you should definitely do all three. Wink Sideshow had a Boushh Leia but it is probably all long gone and astronomically expensive if you tried to get it -- or parted out pieces for a kitbash; the head would have benefited from updating to an HT one. I wanted to do that myself, but held back due to the cost.

Yeah, the Sideshow Boushh Leia definitely isn't up to current standards, but the gear was good.  It would definitely satisfy the one essential requirement, i.e. the helmet, which is key.  That helmet is weirdly distinctive enough that you couldn't easily make one by converting something else, or from scratch.  Fortunately Sky, though you probably know this already, as an alternative to the Sideshow parts, there was a Boushh helmet included in Wave 4 of the Star Wars metal helmets (Black Series Titanium), which are pretty good 1/6 scale.  Their Boushh helmet came with the Boba Fett.

GubernatorFan wrote:MBAM, thanks for the additional details. I may know a bunch about Star Wars sets and uniforms from my efforts to recreate them in various scales, but I did not realize there was so much manipulation involved due to Leia's height. You are right, getting her height right is a quandry -- and not just whether one goes for the height of the suited-up actress or for that of the on-screen character, since the latter varies depending on what was possible or desired in a shot. I'm going with the actress, and if trying to recreate a specific shot I will try to pay attention and adjust accordingly.

I think that is entirely reasonable and probably the only way to go -- the element of compromise I was talking about.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Not sure if he made this or not, but GuiGonFishing over at the Freaks posted this new composite image that looks pretty cool.

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Toys: 1/6 scale Slave Planet Princess Head Sculpt & Outfit Set - Page 2 94f1bb10

He who dies with the most toys wins!

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Toys: 1/6 scale Slave Planet Princess Head Sculpt & Outfit Set - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:Yeah, the Sideshow Boushh Leia definitely isn't up to current standards, but the gear was good.  It would definitely satisfy the one essential requirement, i.e. the helmet, which is key.  That helmet is weirdly distinctive enough that you couldn't easily make one by converting something else, or from scratch.  Fortunately Sky, though you probably know this already, as an alternative to the Sideshow parts, there was a Boushh helmet included in Wave 4 of the Star Wars metal helmets (Black Series Titanium), which are pretty good 1/6 scale.  Their Boushh helmet came with the Boba Fett.

(Leia's height) I think that is entirely reasonable and probably the only way to go -- the element of compromise I was talking about.

Good point about the helmet, MBAM. I had forgotten about this line although I own (or owned -- did I give them away when I moved?) some of them. It would have to be a sturdy enough body to support that weight, if I recall correctly. Without having checked in detail, I believe you are correct, the Sideshow gear is perfectly good.

As for Leia's height, thanks again for alerting me to the disparity caused by the way she was shot in different scenes.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:Good point about the helmet, MBAM. I had forgotten about this line although I own (or owned -- did I give them away when I moved?) some of them. It would have to be a sturdy enough body to support that weight, if I recall correctly. Without having checked in detail, I believe you are correct, the Sideshow gear is perfectly good.

So that people know what we are talking about:  this Third Party dealer $ price on the Walmart site is typically insane, but here is what they look like:  https://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-Sw-E6-Dc-Boba-Fett-And-Leia-Boushh/49096467   And you are right, it would be heavy.  Mounted on the head it would be top-heavy but at least, centrally balanced.  But the more likely display option would be a bare Leia head and the helmet being carried, and that would weigh the supporting arm.  The third option for parts, going back further, would be that Hasbro made a 12" Boushh Leia in the day.  As I recall there were several options (single, 3-pack, and a duo of her with Han in Corbomite) but I assume the figure was the same.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Re: the Sideshow Boushh -- yes, I had thought about getting that one and modifying it, but by the time I joined the hobby it was already becoming quite difficult to find. I then thought I would wait and see if HT would make an upgraded Boushh Leia, but the ROtJ version they went for was the (imo rather boring) Endor poncho outfit. Perhaps they will still do Boushh at some point, but we'll see.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

brassco

brassco
Stryker, I know you are dying to recreate that scene with the princess and Jabba. And look at that spear...you want to redo your Avatar, right?

I noticed some differences between this and the previous offering by AC Play.

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Toys: 1/6 scale Slave Planet Princess Head Sculpt & Outfit Set - Page 2 Leialarge_1024x1024

The boots from Mr.Toys seems to be of cloth material. The bra cap appears smaller in this new product. Same half sculpted half rooted HS (if fully rooted hair, i will PO immediately!). And, yes, I am in agreement with a smaller boobs size body. With that smaller bra, i think i can use S16...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Up at onesixthkit: $72 includes shipping.

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Toys: 1/6 scale Slave Planet Princess Head Sculpt & Outfit Set - Page 2 C8485110

davidd

davidd
$99.99 at OneSixthOutfitters:

https://www.onesixthoutfitters.com/products/mrtoys-mt202108-1-6-scale-planet-princess-head-sculpt-outfit-set

Estimated release: 2nd quarter 2022

Here's the OneSixthKit link:

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2862

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Got the shipment notice from Giantoy today. I hope the head will be of acceptable quality.

csyeung

csyeung
I'm interested in how the head turned out. So far I haven't been able to find any pics.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:I'm interested in how the head turned out. So far I haven't been able to find any pics.
It has pros and cons. Review here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5720-princess-leia-slave-outfit-and-head-set-mt2021-08-mini-review

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I received two of these a few days ago. The head isn’t as good as the promo pics, it looks more like Leila’s younger sister.

These two are from shadow_wolf over at the Freaks:

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Toys: 1/6 scale Slave Planet Princess Head Sculpt & Outfit Set - Page 2 52069f10
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Toys: 1/6 scale Slave Planet Princess Head Sculpt & Outfit Set - Page 2 E19e8a10

These were found on Facebook from another member of the Freaks:

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Toys: 1/6 scale Slave Planet Princess Head Sculpt & Outfit Set - Page 2 42084d10
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Toys: 1/6 scale Slave Planet Princess Head Sculpt & Outfit Set - Page 2 A7d21710
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Toys: 1/6 scale Slave Planet Princess Head Sculpt & Outfit Set - Page 2 69842610

And these are from Asta (I hope you don’t mind me sharing, Brother):

clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Toys: 1/6 scale Slave Planet Princess Head Sculpt & Outfit Set - Page 2 768ca310
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Toys: 1/6 scale Slave Planet Princess Head Sculpt & Outfit Set - Page 2 0fcd7d10
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Toys: 1/6 scale Slave Planet Princess Head Sculpt & Outfit Set - Page 2 F0feb410
clothing - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Toys: 1/6 scale Slave Planet Princess Head Sculpt & Outfit Set - Page 2 81004f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting how decently the jointed body worked. The one with the touched-up make up seems to be a bit of an improvement on the head and likeness. I was wondering about the potential effect of the make up application but forgot to muse on it in my review.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It does look better in some of those, I don't know if it's maybe the body that makes it look so odd? It's so annoying that all the sets always use the s12d for everything.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

OSFModerator1

OSFModerator1
For anyone interested, this is being reissued. I only found it, however, on Toypanic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum