OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Burning Soul: 1/6 Wolverine Villain X24 Normal and Damaged Action Figure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wolverine villain X24 1/6 action figure
Size: 1/6
Manufacturer: Burning Soul

Battle damaged version X24A
Parts List:
Head sculpt: 1 roaring head
Four pairs of hands: one pair of fist and claw hands, one pair of natural hands, one posture hand (the picture is incorrect with the shipped product, please review once)
Costume: 1 set of battle damage
Body: 1
Shoes: 1 pair

NEW PRODUCT: Burning Soul: 1/6 Wolverine Villain X24 Normal and Damaged Action Figure D5836110
NEW PRODUCT: Burning Soul: 1/6 Wolverine Villain X24 Normal and Damaged Action Figure D30b0410
NEW PRODUCT: Burning Soul: 1/6 Wolverine Villain X24 Normal and Damaged Action Figure 43dc3f10
NEW PRODUCT: Burning Soul: 1/6 Wolverine Villain X24 Normal and Damaged Action Figure 69067410
NEW PRODUCT: Burning Soul: 1/6 Wolverine Villain X24 Normal and Damaged Action Figure 13875510
NEW PRODUCT: Burning Soul: 1/6 Wolverine Villain X24 Normal and Damaged Action Figure 998e5410

Normal version X24C

Parts List:
Head carving: 1 normal head
Four pairs of hands: one pair of claw hands, one pair of fist hands, one posture hand (the picture is incorrect with the shipped product, please review it once)
Clothing: 1 set
Body: 1 shoes: 1 pair

NEW PRODUCT: Burning Soul: 1/6 Wolverine Villain X24 Normal and Damaged Action Figure F291de10
NEW PRODUCT: Burning Soul: 1/6 Wolverine Villain X24 Normal and Damaged Action Figure C984e210
NEW PRODUCT: Burning Soul: 1/6 Wolverine Villain X24 Normal and Damaged Action Figure 84a7bf10
NEW PRODUCT: Burning Soul: 1/6 Wolverine Villain X24 Normal and Damaged Action Figure 7c842410
NEW PRODUCT: Burning Soul: 1/6 Wolverine Villain X24 Normal and Damaged Action Figure 8c7a4410
NEW PRODUCT: Burning Soul: 1/6 Wolverine Villain X24 Normal and Damaged Action Figure 35e3ba10

#newproduct #BurningSoul #WolverineVillain #male #movie-based #comicbook

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Not enough of a completist to go for either of these, but it's nice to see them recreate this version or clone. I can't remember whether this was done before. If so, certainly not very often, compared to regular Logan. I like both head sculpts, too.

Diana

Diana
Nice! I like pretty much everything about both sets! Despite the body not being seamless it looks really good. (The only seamless bodies with that kind of detailed definition that I know of are hard to pose at all.)
Luckily I'm not an X-Men collector. Phew! Laughing

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:Not enough of a completist to go for either of these, but it's nice to see them recreate this version or clone. I can't remember whether this was done before. If so, certainly not very often, compared to regular Logan. I like both head sculpts, too.

"Wolverine Villain" is of course Sabretooth, ie. Victor Creed, actor Liev Schreiber.  I don't think that a movie (or comics) Sabretooth has been done in 1/6 before; and in the bigger picture, I don't think Liev Schreiber has ever been done.

He's an actor who can look different across his many roles, but I suspect apart from Sabretooth, the character people might want to customize is Ray Donovan.  For that purpose the gritted teeth sculpt is too extreme, but the other one might do.  The sculpt expression is probably still a bit too fierce;  and Ray Donovan's beard is thinner, and more even across the chin.  But maybe, with some retouching, close enough for jazz.

NEW PRODUCT: Burning Soul: 1/6 Wolverine Villain X24 Normal and Damaged Action Figure 1d61ba10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:"Wolverine Villain" is of course Sabretooth, ie. Victor Creed, actor Liev Schreiber.  I don't think that a movie (or comics) Sabretooth has been done in 1/6 before; and in the bigger picture, I don't think Liev Schreiber has ever been done.

He's an actor who can look different across his many roles, but I suspect apart from Sabretooth, the character people might want to customize is Ray Donovan.  For that purpose the gritted teeth sculpt is too extreme, but the other one might do.  The sculpt expression is probably still a bit too fierce;  and Ray Donovan's beard is thinner, and more even across the chin.  But maybe, with some retouching, close enough for jazz.

NEW PRODUCT: Burning Soul: 1/6 Wolverine Villain X24 Normal and Damaged Action Figure 1d61ba10

I'm pretty sure this is different from Sabertooth. It is from the movie Logan, in which the protagonist Logan/Wolverine has a child female clone (X-23/Laura) and also an adult male clone (X-24). This is the latter. Sabertooth is a different character, who was indeed portrayed by Liev Schreiber in a different movie. There are Sabertooth 1/6 figures out there, for example by Toys Era. In most cases the head is useless for kitbashing a Ray Donovan because of weird expressions, fangs, and facial hair.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:I'm pretty sure this is different from Sabertooth. It is from the movie Logan, in which the protagonist Logan/Wolverine has a child female clone (X-23/Laura) and also an adult male clone (X-24). This is the latter. Sabertooth is a different character, who was indeed portrayed by Liev Schreiber in a different movie. There are Sabertooth 1/6 figures out there, for example by Toys Era. In most cases the head is useless for kitbashing a Ray Donovan because of weird expressions, fangs, and facial hair.

I most respectfully beg to disagree with you. In fact I was just scratching my head trying to figure out how you got X-24 into this at all, then I noticed that the promo pic does say X-24. But it just isn't. There's no way IMHO that those are Hugh Jackman (clone) sculpts, and they look to me like Liev Schreiber. The most obvious and non-subjective proof would be again the beard, where X-24 has a very full bushy beard, while this figure clearly has the "reverse soul patch" distinctive of the Liev Schreiber Sabretooth. And I would say "Wolverine Villain" is more apt for Sabretooth than X-24. Ironically X-24 only exists because Liev Schreiber couldn't fit doing "Logan" into his schedule, so there is some underlying connection either way.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:I most respectfully beg to disagree with you.  In fact I was just scratching my head trying to figure out how you got X-24 into this at all, then I noticed that the promo pic does say X-24.  But it just isn't.  There's no way IMHO that those are Hugh Jackman (clone) sculpts, and they look to me like Liev Schreiber.  The most obvious and non-subjective proof would be again the beard, where X-24 has a very full bushy beard, while this figure clearly has the "reverse soul patch" distinctive of the Liev Schreiber Sabretooth.  And I would say "Wolverine Villain" is more apt for Sabretooth than X-24.  Ironically X-24 only exists because Liev Schreiber couldn't fit doing "Logan" into his schedule, so there is some underlying connection either way.

You made me look it up. I don't know to what degree this product's design was influenced by Liev Schreiber or Sabretooth, but the intent to portray X-24 seems clear; whether they did a good job of it or were even influenced by the stunt actor (see photo), is also another matter. Here, by the way, is a video on the creation of the movie's X-24 (which indeed looks like a very Sabretooth-like clone of Hugh Jackman) --

NEW PRODUCT: Burning Soul: 1/6 Wolverine Villain X24 Normal and Damaged Action Figure 50cbe1523e5fec84d439ce0907e841c9

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Undoubtedly, a very Sabretoothish X-24, or a very X-24ish Sabretooth. Most likely the designer either had some confusion, or s/he targeted it so as to appeal/sell to fans of both. Thanks for the interesting link.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum