OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Empty INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:38 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Just trying to gauge interest. I have a commission coming up for a black female head sculpt that I need for a custom figure, and I usually end up with some extra heads that I usually don’t end up using. They come unpainted to me, so that would be on anyone interested to either paint themselves, or find a painter.

So, my questions:

1. Yes, if it comes with sculpted hair
2. No, if it comes with sculpted hair
3. Yes, if it comes bald so I can add my own hair style
4. No, if it comes bald, as I don’t want to have to add hair

These are the ladies I’m considering for my character:

Lesley-Ann Brandt

INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt 15b4b410

Naomie Harris

INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt 05943110

Halle Berry

INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt 28602f10

Any one of these ladies would work for my purposes, but if there is a majority interest in any one specifically, then that could probably end up being the one I choose.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt C8485110

2INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Empty Re: INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:11 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hmm, interesting project, and all good choices. I'm slightly partial to Naomi, but only slightly. I would prefer a bald head sculpt that could then receive a custom "real" hair application.

3INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Empty Re: INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:33 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It's nice of you to ask, Stryker. I find it hard to commit without seeing the final product, but my choice would definitely be a bald sculpt so I could add hair to it. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

4INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Empty Re: INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:55 am

Ovy

Ovy
Well I think Naomi Harris is by far the most interesting. If you have the chance to have a head sculpted, I would go for this distinctive face with features almost non existent among 1/6 head sculpts. A bald version would be best. Maybe with a similar lifelike expression like in the picture.

The other two look a bit like headsculpts already, heavy makeup and robotic stares.

But it would probably be too expensive for me, Logan and Jessica were about 70-100 for an unpainted headsculpt?

5INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Empty Re: INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:27 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Agree with the Naomie Harris choice -- just watched her in The Third Day. : )  The other two are too 'conventional' looking, imo.

6INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Empty Re: INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:53 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
But Friends.... there is  a H. Berry Sculpt. I just re- sculpt her nose

INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt 03010

7INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Empty Re: INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:46 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautifully done, Ephiane. I think you may have repainted her too?

8INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Empty Re: INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:52 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
GubernatorFan wrote:Beautifully done, Ephiane. I think you may have repainted her too?

Yes, indeed. The three Ladys in the pictures are real beautys. It´s a very sensible theme to talk about this. I really like to take care to insult no one. But let me say, only N. Harrys looks to me like typical african. Thats why i modified the H. Berry sculpt to looks like more african.

9INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Empty Re: INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:35 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Here's a couple renders getting close to the final (the one with hair is just to give an idea of what it would look like with one type of hair, but clearly since the sculpt is going to be bald, any type of hair can be added). Went with Naomie Harris as the inspiration.

INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt N0410
INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt N0510
INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Https-10
INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Landsc10
INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Naomie10

10INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Empty Re: INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:49 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That is looking good -- I'm very much interested!

ETA: Do you have any idea of the eventual sizing for this one? In other words, are you having it sized to fit a particular body, or would it fit any standard tbleague body?

11INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Empty Re: INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:36 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m using the Royal Defender body (I think it’s a 23b) — the one I dyed already (starting dressing her in the outfit already), but it should fit any standard TBL — probably not the smaller bodies you prefer (as the sculptor is waiting on one of his own to size it appropriately).

12INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Empty Re: INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:27 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:I’m using the Royal Defender body (I think it’s a 23b) — the one I dyed already (starting dressing her in the outfit already), but it should fit any standard TBL — probably not the smaller bodies you prefer (as the sculptor is waiting on one of his own to size it appropriately).

Sounds good! I actually was considering it for a larger/regular sized body, so that should be fine.

Looking forward to seeing your figure once finished!

13INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Empty Re: INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:10 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks very promising. If it comes without a neck (which I suppose it would have to, from the discussion about bodies), I'd be interested in picking up one if you have enough extras. Well, I suppose we'd have to know the price too. Smile

14INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Empty Re: INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:24 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
It will definitely be without a neck.

15INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Empty Re: INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:25 pm

Dr. Dahk'nezz

I'm late to the party, as usual, but I agree that the Naomi sculpt would be the best. If there's any room left, I'd be interested in an AfroAmerican head sculpt...my main concern would be...how much?

16INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Empty Re: INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:15 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent choice.

17INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Empty Re: INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:20 am

Diana

Diana
Depending on pricing and end result I'd be interested, too. Smile

18INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Empty Re: INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:49 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The render is almost complete. Sculptor added some subtle "hair" detailing so that when it comes time to paint, the real hair can be blended easier.

INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt N0610

19INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Empty Re: INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:33 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like it, but wouldn't that be a problem if someone wanted a totally bald head sculpt?

20INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Empty Re: INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:19 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Perhaps...

21INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Empty Re: INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:52 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, yes, in my case I was hoping for it to be bald. :/

22INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Empty Re: INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:09 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Fine.

I'll see what can be done.

23INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Empty Re: INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:39 am

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:Oh, yes, in my case I was hoping for it to be bald. :/
Me, too. ^^

Stryker2011 wrote:Fine.

I'll see what can be done.
Laughing
Thank you.

24INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Empty Re: INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:56 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Aww, cheers, Stryker. <3

25INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Empty Re: INTEREST: Black Female head sculpt Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:45 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
He’s going to remove the texture. We both thought it would make it easier for adding hair and blending, that’s why it was added — but, I guess not…

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum