OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1/6Novice

Apologies if there's already a topic, I looked but I couldn't find one...

So I was browsing Big Bad Toy Store and saw these:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/168942

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/168944

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/168946

Is it just me, or did they use Yul Brynner as the model?

mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) DV3hc6u

TBLeague New Product: 1/6 Egyptian God Series-Osiris [Black/Green/Silver optional]

============

PL2021-179A Osiris Black Edition

Osiris 1/6 Scale Action Figure - Black

Item the Name: the Action Figure- the Osiris 1/6 Scale Black
Item No: PL2021-179A
Bar Code: 0 697 127 233 097

the Osiris WAS The Ancient Egyptian God of The Dead, and The Resurrection The God of INTO Eternal Life; ruler A, Protector , and judge of the deceased.
He was described as "He Who is Permanently Benign and Youthful and the "Lord of Silence" The kings of Egypt were associated with Osiris in death – as Osiris rose from the dead so they would be in union with him, and inherit eternal life through a process of imitative magic.

Packing List:
1) 1 x head sculpt
2) 1 x TBLeague 1/6 scale male seamless body with metal skeleton
3) 3 pairs x interchangeable hands
4) 1 x chest armor
5) a collar-like piece
6) 1 pair x shoulder armor
7) 1 pair x forearm sleeves with furry trim at both ends
Cool 1 pair x forearm armor
9) 1 pair x lower leg armor
10) 1 pair x sleeve-like pieces with furry trim at the bottom ends for lower legs
11) 1 pair x thigh armor connected by a thin belt
12) 1 x decorative belt
13) 1 x white skirt-like underwear
14) 1 pair x hoof-shaped feet
15) 1 x sword
16) 1 x shield
17) 1 x cloak
18) 1 x scepter
19) 1 x base with holder

Packaging:
1 product/individual box
GW: 3.72 kg
Measurements: 30cm*27.0cm*38.0cm

2 products/master carton
GW: 8.29 kg
Measurements: 56.5cm *31cm*40.5cm

mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11180410
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11180510
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11180710
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11180810
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11180910
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11181010
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11181110
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11181210
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11181310
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11181410
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11181411
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11181510

================================

PL2021-179B Osiris

1/6 Scale Action Figure-Green

Item Name: Osiris 1/6 Scale Action Figure-Green
Item No: PL2021-179B
Bar Code: 697 127233 098 7

Osiris was the Ancient Egyptian god of the dead, and the god of the resurrection into eternal life; ruler, protector, and judge of the deceased.
He was described as "He Who is Permanently Benign and Youthful and the "Lord of Silence" The kings of Egypt were associated with Osiris in death – as Osiris rose from the dead so they would be in union with him, and inherit eternal life through a process of imitative magic.

Packing List:
1) 1 x head sculpt
4) 1 x chest armor
5) a collar-like piece
10) 1 pair x sleeve-like pieces with furry trim at the bottom ends for lower legs
12) 1 x decorative belt
15) 1 x sword
16) 1 x shield
17) 1 x cloak
18) 1 x scepter
19) 1 x base with holder

Packaging:
1 product/individual box

2 products/master carton

mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11181610
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11181710
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11181810
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11182010
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11182110
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11182310
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11182410
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11182510
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11182511
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11182610
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11182711
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11182810
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11182811

================================

PL2021-179C Osiris Silver Edition

Osiris 1/6 Scale Action Figure-Sliver

Item Name : Osiris 1/6 Scale Action Figure-Sliver
Item No: PL2021-179C
Bar Code: 697 127233 099 4

Osiris was the Ancient Egyptian god of the dead, and the god of the resurrection into eternal life; ruler, protector, and judge of the deceased.

Packing List:
1) 1 x head sculpt
4) 1 x chest armor
5) a collar-like piece
12) 1 x decorative belt
15) 1 x sword
16) 1 x shield
17) 1 x cloak
18) 1 x scepter
19) 1 x base with holder

Packaging:
1 product/individual box

2 products/master carton

mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11182910
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11183010
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11183111
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11183210
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11183211
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11183311
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11183410
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11183510
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11183612
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11183613
mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 11183811

#newproduct #TBLeague #Osiris #Egyptian #mythology #fantasy

Theflyingman

Nice one. I wonder if the dark skinned version is light enough to be used for AA kitbashes or if it's like the previous Horus ones.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
At least they finally did one of these with a 'human' face....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It's a very nice looking figure, even if visually much more fantasy than genuine Egyptian.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
The human face, and the figure's potential for non-God AA bashes, are greatly lessened by the apparent non-removability of the helmet/casque.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:The human face, and the figure's potential for non-God AA bashes, are greatly lessened by the apparent non-removability of the helmet/casque.

I agree. They did the same thing with Nefertiti. Admittedly, the practical design's need to match the visual look (insofar as they do try to match it) may make that difficult. Removable headgear would have to fit quite tightly over a bald head, and that would require very thin walls around the lower edges.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:I agree. They did the same thing with Nefertiti. Admittedly, the practical design's need to match the visual look (insofar as they do try to match it) may make that difficult. Removable headgear would have to fit quite tightly over a bald head, and that would require very thin walls around the lower edges.

Sure.  But... Anubis, Horus, and Ra all came with two heads.  If there was a design problem with removable headgear on Osiris, would it have killed them to include a bald headsculpt? Would have made Nefertiti ten times better, too.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:Sure.  But... Anubis, Horus, and Ra all came with two heads.  If there was a design problem with removable headgear on Osiris, would it have killed them to include a bald headsculpt?  Would have made Nefertiti ten times better, too.

True, I forgot (never had any of these as full sets, though I did reconstitute an Anubis). Yes, good point. But I guess they felt a second head was only merited for a special expression... Sad

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:True, I forgot (never had any of these as full sets, though I did reconstitute an Anubis). Yes, good point. But I guess they felt a second head was only merited for a special expression... Sad

I'm telling you, if the Egyptians were right, TBL designers gonna have a tough afterlife... Smile

1/6Novice

For the Ancient Egyptian experts out there...is there some reason he has crosses on his clothing?

I'm not talking about the Ankh or however it's spelled. That looks like a Christian cross on his belt.

Dramatic (if inaccurate) effect? Or would that detail be accurate?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
1/6Novice wrote:For the Ancient Egyptian experts out there...is there some reason he has crosses on his clothing?

I'm not talking about the Ankh or however it's spelled. That looks like a Christian cross on his belt.

Dramatic (if inaccurate) effect? Or would that detail be accurate?

Good catch, that does look like a Christian cross. Besides the possible cultural influence of the Osiris myth (a god lives, dies violently, is resurrected, and judges the souls of the dead in the Afterlife/Netherworld), there should be no connection. The Ankh, on the other hand, an Egyptian symbol of life, is a common attribute of Egyptian gods (not very specifically Osiris). The green skin is accurate, reflecting vegetation, the death and rebirth of which mirrors the death and resurrection of Osiris. The crown is almost right (the central, bowling-pin shaped portion ought to be white, usually, though only in one of the reference images I posted below), the ram's horns do not belong, neither do earrings. Despite the plethora of Egyptianizing detail, the clothing is totally wrong. Usually, Osiris is represented in mummified form (with a decorative collar necklace and sometimes a belt), and his normal attributes are the pharaonic scepters in the shape of a shepherd's crook and a flail:

mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) 3b9bfff5caea7f10c53a78d1a159d499

mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) Egyptian_19th_Dynasty_-_The_Gods_Osiris_and_Atum_from_the_Tomb_of_Nefertari_New_Kingdom_(wall_painting)_-_(MeisterDrucke-420269)

mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) GZNaTpHrqrgSAE46qoFxkso6vXmi8QHD00NFNHgz2Z3FgMbUUWC1Half3jnjoTdau6R4fMSqg8AyPkWRU3zHIr6sKXbVs4WtLkVFtxdLd1LvmNQfZw

Osiris is certainly not represented as a warrior, and even for a warrior the armor shown here is pure fantasy.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Errors can be on different levels, and I think that cross is probabably just a straight-up stupid fumble, unlike the historical discordances GF correctly points out.  If it was just two crossed lines somewhere in a pattern, fine -- geometric patterns happen.  But it's so prominent.  Given that it's one of a set of three near-identical patterns encircled on a red laquer background, and the other two on the pauldrons are ankhs, I suspect it was supposed to be all the same ankh and someone misread the drawings. You can get "charm bracelet" Ankhs at that size, and I would probably put one over the "Cross."

While we are at it, the snakes around that cross belt-bucklish thing aren't particularly suitable to Osiris, and the upper part of it (which you can see more clearly in some of the pics) seems distinctly like a much later Europear Crown design.

Delanie

Delanie
Okay I know I'm being facetious but if that is Osiris and I remember the myth correctly, shouldn't he come with multiple body parts for his wife to reassemble into him?

and I thought Anubis judged the dead?

The cross like has previously said could be a 'slip of the brush' perhaps the colourist couldn't paint the hole in the ankh so gave up and just scratched in a cross?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
MBAM and Delanie --

I agree, the crown design on the belt-buckle area (whatever it really is) does not look Egyptian. It occurs to me that if the cross design had been a T design instead, the whole piece might have been a reasonably good approximation of a scarab beetle, as stylized in Egyptian art.

Yes, his wife reassembled him via mummification and brought him back to life. No sign of any bandages either. Sad

Osiris is in charge of the Afterlife/Netherworld, so the ultimate judge, but the actual process of judging is pretty mechanical. Anubis brings the deceased's spirit (ka) into the court chamber, the assembly of gods look on from above (after having been placated by the deceased with offerings), Anubis weighs the heart of the deceased (in a jar) against the feather of Justice (Ma`at) at the scales, while a monster awaits a negative outcome to devour the spirit, and Thoth awaits either outcome to record it. Presuming the spirit's actions in life have been vindicated, it is allowed an afterlife and presented to Osiris (and his sisters Isis and Nephthys) by Horus. See here:

mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) Osiris%2C_God_of_the_Dead

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
What the hell?  As soon as I get into 1/6, the warrior women and indie comic heroines disappear and it’s Happy Hour on the Nile with a smattering of Keebler Elf groupies.

I am Osirisously passing on these.

JohnByng

Why does he have cloven hooves? Did they mix him up with Beelzebub?

Diana

Diana
Xavion2004 wrote:What the hell?  As soon as I get into 1/6, the warrior women and indie comic heroines disappear and it’s Happy Hour on the Nile with a smattering of Keebler Elf groupies.

Laughing

Yeah, I crave something new along these lines. But at least my bank account gets a little break.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
I'm wondering if these hooves are gonna hold the figure in place, how will it affect it's balance. I hope it'll not be dependable of the stand, like the seamless ankle female figs.

I'm already imagining the obscenely high price these green bodies will get after being parted out. It may be used for an orc figure or a custom Hulk.

I must confess I'm so tempted on the green version. I loved all the fantastical aesthetic of it, the hooves, horns, costume, skintone and all... yet I'm trying to find reasons not to buy it, because it's at 250USD on Asian stores (shipping costs are sky-high), but... Xavion2004's ego is... just... not... shutting up!!

"Look at the pics! It's a pretty cool figure and it'll fit perfectly in your fantasy collection!"
...but it's, like, 250 bucks...
"If you don't get it now, the price of the figure will also skyrocket after release, on top of the shipping cost!"
...b-but, I shouldn'-...
"Dude, NIKE!"
...uuuh...
"Shia Labeouf motivational speech!"
...wait, whaaa?...
"DUDE! JUST DO IT!"
... alright, alright! geez...
*scratches earhole*

Xavion2004, you're a bad influence. I blame your ego for this purchase.

Once again, I envy you US (and possibly Canadian and Mexican) dwellers, cause you can get this figure at 180USD on BBTS.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Diana wrote:
Xavion2004 wrote:What the hell?  As soon as I get into 1/6, the warrior women and indie comic heroines disappear and it’s Happy Hour on the Nile with a smattering of Keebler Elf groupies.

Laughing

Yeah, I crave something new along these lines. But at least my bank account gets a little break.

There really hasn’t been much slow-down with warrior women just because of 6 Egyptian Gods taking up production slots.  The Royal Defenders and Knights of Fire are recent, and the Elf Archers are forthcoming.  But it isn’t just a “little break” with indie comic heroines – it’s been 3 years for TBL since the last Vampirella, and that was a rerelease of an existing figure.  I suspect it was Executive Replicas that put TBL onto those indie comic heroines licenses, and that’s ended.  Or maybe there just aren’t that many suitable indie comic heroines licenses left undone, and the creators of thpse remaining few said no to TBL.  Either way that stream may be ended altogether.

Diana

Diana
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
Diana wrote:

Laughing

There really hasn’t been much slow-down with warrior women just because of 6 Egyptian Gods taking up production slots.  The Royal Defenders and Knights of Fire are recent, and the Elf Archers are forthcoming.  But it isn’t just a “little break” with indie comic heroines – it’s been 3 years for TBL since the last Vampirella, and that was a rerelease of an existing figure.  I suspect it was Executive Replicas that put TBL onto those indie comic heroines licenses, and that’s ended.  Or maybe there just aren’t that many suitable indie comic heroines licenses left undone, and the creators of thpse remaining few said no to TBL.  Either way that stream may be ended altogether.
True, the warrior women haven't stopped. I just haven't liked most of them. ^^
I really hope they'll find new licenses or just produce something with similarities to popular characters or concepts.

And this Egyptian line must be successful or they wouldn't hammer them out like that.

Valiarde

Valiarde
The hooves are interesting.
Like the green version the most

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks Mark (?) for adding the full preview treatment for all three versions, which must have been a ton of work. If it wasn't so specific as subject matter, and yet so inaccurate for it, I would readily say it is a very cool figure. In some ways it really is. But if they are going to take such flights of fancy, I feel they might as well create novel characters, where such things could not be called inaccuracies. And they do not seem to have ARH to credit or blame this time, judging by the absence of that logo from the promotional images. From the cross, to the open-mouthed snake on the brow, to the fur and hooves, it adds up, although that makes it more consistent in both style and quality with other figures in their pseudo-Egyptian line. At least this time there are perhaps more pieces suitable for kitbashes than in some other recent TBLeague releases.

gooboo

I've always assumed the lack of new superheroine/licensed female character content is due to the fact that Phicen must feel like they don't need to do them anymore since they're pretty well established by now. No point in splitting the profits with another company when you can create something and keep all the profit, and copyright, for yourself.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
gooboo wrote:I've always assumed the lack of new superheroine/licensed female character content is due to the fact that Phicen must feel like they don't need to do them anymore since they're pretty well established by now. No point in splitting the profits with another company when you can create something and keep all the profit, and copyright, for yourself.

Well, probably not. Though they did cut loose Executive Replicas as a middleman. But I guarantee you that Sideshow currently takes a larger slice from TBL/Phicen for "Court of the Dead" than Lady Death or Painkiller Jane ever did, and TBL loves making those. Plus, if it's true that there's "No point in splitting the profits with another company when you can create something and keep all the profit, and copyright, for yourself," then that business model would be very bad news for this other little company that's trying to make it big, called Hot Toys...

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
I like the green one the best. I'm ignoring all the Egyptian mumbo jumbo and going for the alien villain vibe.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum