OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Thanks Mark (?) for adding the full preview treatment for all three versions, which must have been a ton of work. If it wasn't so specific as subject matter, and yet so inaccurate for it, I would readily say it is a very cool figure. In some ways it really is. But if they are going to take such flights of fancy, I feel they might as well create novel characters, where such things could not be called inaccuracies. And they do not seem to have ARH to credit or blame this time, judging by the absence of that logo from the promotional images. From the cross, to the open-mouthed snake on the brow, to the fur and hooves, it adds up, although that makes it more consistent in both style and quality with other figures in their pseudo-Egyptian line. At least this time there are perhaps more pieces suitable for kitbashes than in some other recent TBLeague releases.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

gooboo

I've always assumed the lack of new superheroine/licensed female character content is due to the fact that Phicen must feel like they don't need to do them anymore since they're pretty well established by now. No point in splitting the profits with another company when you can create something and keep all the profit, and copyright, for yourself.

Moonbase Alpha Male

gooboo wrote:I've always assumed the lack of new superheroine/licensed female character content is due to the fact that Phicen must feel like they don't need to do them anymore since they're pretty well established by now. No point in splitting the profits with another company when you can create something and keep all the profit, and copyright, for yourself.

Well, probably not. Though they did cut loose Executive Replicas as a middleman. But I guarantee you that Sideshow currently takes a larger slice from TBL/Phicen for "Court of the Dead" than Lady Death or Painkiller Jane ever did, and TBL loves making those. Plus, if it's true that there's "No point in splitting the profits with another company when you can create something and keep all the profit, and copyright, for yourself," then that business model would be very bad news for this other little company that's trying to make it big, called Hot Toys...

actionfiguremovies2

I like the green one the best. I'm ignoring all the Egyptian mumbo jumbo and going for the alien villain vibe.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The green skin makes sense, but the hooves don’t at all, nor the horns. It’s like they just didn’t know how to make him interesting aside from the skin color.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) - Page 2 C8485110

Valiarde

Valiarde
Are the horns connected to the helmet or head?

Diana

Diana
Valiarde wrote:Are the horns connected to the helmet or head?
I'm guessing it's all one piece.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Diana wrote:

Aaah right. Like the anubis head and others! Makes sense.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Valiarde wrote:
Diana wrote:

Aaah right. Like the anubis head and others! Makes sense.

Still begs the question, whether TBL's Osiris is supposed to have ram's horns himself, or is just wearing a fancy helmet. We'll probably never know.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The god Amun-Ra is sometimes depicted (though rarely) with ram's horns, but he looks nothing like Osiris -- he has blue skin, no bandages, and a flat gold crown with tall plumes; no hooves either. Smile And because Alexander the Great was recognized as a son of Amun-Ra (like any pharaoh would be), he is also sometimes portrayed with horns peaking out among his locks of hair. Hence his epithet in Muslim literature, Dhu-l-Qarnayn ("he of the two horns").

brazybear

brazybear
Anyone else thinks he looks a bit like John Travolta?

She's brushing her hair aside, NOT punching herself in the face Laughing

JohnByng

GubernatorFan wrote:The god Amun-Ra is sometimes depicted (though rarely) with ram's horns, but he looks nothing like Osiris -- he has blue skin, no bandages, and a flat gold crown with tall plumes; no hooves either. Smile And because Alexander the Great was recognized as a son of Amun-Ra (like any pharaoh would be), he is also sometimes portrayed with horns peaking out among his locks of hair. Hence his epithet in Muslim literature, Dhu-l-Qarnayn ("he of the two horns").

I think it is a simple cultural misunderstanding of someone in China who has assumed that Osiris and the Christian Devil are the same thing. Therefore we have the hooves and horns.

Valiarde

Valiarde
brazybear wrote:Anyone else thinks he looks a bit like John Travolta?

In this pic yes

mythology - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 scale TBLEAGUE OSIRIS (3 versions) - Page 2 11182410

Valiarde

Valiarde
Is this a m34 or m35 body?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:Is this a m34 or m35 body?
I think an M35 (although it is a little hard to differentiate them). I got the brown one parted out and recolored it.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thank you - I'm a bit late to the party, looking for a green body but there is only a black left atm.
I might be getting a M35 and try coloring it a bit.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I'd forgotten about this figure....the green one would have made a good SW alien. But yes, hopefully you can just colour a regular m35 body....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
He’d be perfect for an orc custom I think!

Valiarde

Valiarde
Lynkhart wrote:He’d be perfect for an orc custom I think!

Right? Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum