OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Photo Studio

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Photo Studio Empty Photo Studio Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:40 pm

londonroadhog

This first chapter? Yes, I've arranged it into a chapter, at least for starters. If anyone is interested in the build of the studio, let me know in the comments. I did have a build post I can share.

Photo Studio 51166001211_bd22c75e5c_h

Photo Studio 51167101350_2604d2769b_h

Photo Studio 51166236428_a7fce1c167_h

Photo Studio 51166001126_67a74f98b8_h

Photo Studio 51167101210_a121e3d65a_h

Photo Studio 51167101185_3988b767f0_h

Photo Studio 51166236303_ab13202e3e_h

Photo Studio 51165335337_8ef8ce7372_h

Photo Studio 51167101015_723376ca5c_h

Photo Studio 51166781499_77f01c8cea_h

Photo Studio 51166000816_9ccdbf82f0_h

Photo Studio 51166000731_8fe81c763e_h

Photo Studio 51166781334_8627c101f2_h

Photo Studio 51166235993_ae5673d36f_h

2Photo Studio Empty Re: Photo Studio Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:52 pm

davidd

davidd
The posing of the "Jason" figure in the first several panels is excellent. Even before reading the captions, I got the impression that he was looking things over with more than a little bit of skepticism, perhaps wondering if it were a necessary expense to outfit the studio quite so completely.

Then, at the top of Page 4, he admits, "I think this might actually be a great idea." Apparently he was wondering if the "front" would be sufficiently convincing, and after he looked things over, he decided that the studio meets his standards.

Similarly, you convey through the posing that Kat seems genuinely overwhelmed. Had she any idea of what she could be getting involved in, she would doubtless feel some serious trepidation!

Time will tell if Kat's duties turn out to be as simple as snapping a few surreptitious photos from time to time.

It's a fantastic setting. I love the drape of the background curtains. You found fabric that has a "scale" look to it. The studio is a well detailed model in itself, in addition to providing an excellent "storytelling space" in which to have fun with your figures, whether as simple photo shoots, or as more developed stories.

3Photo Studio Empty Re: Photo Studio Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:01 am

londonroadhog

davidd wrote:The posing of the "Jason" figure in the first several panels is excellent. Even before reading the captions, I got the impression that he was looking things over with more than a little bit of skepticism, perhaps wondering if it were a necessary expense to outfit the studio quite so completely.

Then, at the top of Page 4, he admits, "I think this might actually be a great idea." Apparently he was wondering if the "front" would be sufficiently convincing, and after he looked things over, he decided that the studio meets his standards.

Similarly, you convey through the posing that Kat seems genuinely overwhelmed. Had she any idea of what she could be getting involved in, she would doubtless feel some serious trepidation!

Time will tell if Kat's duties turn out to be as simple as snapping a few surreptitious photos from time to time.

It's a fantastic setting. I love the drape of the background curtains. You found fabric that has a "scale" look to it. The studio is a well detailed model in itself, in addition to providing an excellent "storytelling space" in which to have fun with your figures, whether as simple photo shoots, or as more developed stories.

Thanks Dave…

Yeah, Jason was a bit sceptical at first. He was looking around seeing what was done, and then decided that it was a good job, and there “could” well be more to this studio, as well as the location of it, being more in the town.

Kat had no idea what this photo studio was for. She certainly didn’t have a clue that it was for her use, almost exclusively, apart from the Camp might needing to store some “stuff” from time to time.

Actually, the fabric on the curtains, should I say? They were part of a real photo studio backdrop where one side is white the other black. I decided to separate the two sides, and use the black half as the curtains over the window. I also found some clips that had loops, I just had to take them apart, and only use part of them to hang the curtains with. Of course, my mother taught me that the width of curtains should be twice the width of the window. I think that’s why they look right.

More will come of the Studio setting…

4Photo Studio Empty Re: Photo Studio Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:28 am

davidd

davidd
londonroadhog wrote:Of course, my mother taught me that the width of curtains should be twice the width of the window. I think that’s why they look right.

That is a good rule of thumb to know! Thanks to you (and your mom) for that bit of design wisdom!

5Photo Studio Empty Re: Photo Studio Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:00 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautifully done diorama and nicely fitted into your plotline. The drapes, the back cloth, the furniture, and the photos really sell it.

6Photo Studio Empty Re: Photo Studio Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:01 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
I remember when you started the photo studio, it was a long process. The final piece though is just amazing! Using the comic layout really brings it all to life. Just brilliant!

7Photo Studio Empty Re: Photo Studio Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:03 am

londonroadhog

GubernatorFan wrote:Beautifully done diorama and nicely fitted into your plotline. The drapes, the back cloth, the furniture, and the photos really sell it.

Thank you. Photography is another hobby of mine, so it made a lot of sense to make a studio. It’s a pity I don’t have one in real life…

8Photo Studio Empty Re: Photo Studio Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:06 am

londonroadhog

BAMComix wrote:I remember when you started the photo studio, it was a long process. The final piece though is just amazing! Using the comic layout really brings it all to life. Just brilliant!

Thanks Dal. I remember it all too clearly too.. Pleased you like the end result.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum