OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ThreeZero - GoT - Arya Stark (Season 8)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ThreeZero - GoT - Arya Stark (Season 8) Empty ThreeZero - GoT - Arya Stark (Season 8) Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:38 am

Illusion

Illusion
"Stick them with the pointy end"

I have finally spent a couple of minutes with my recently arrived Arya Stark of Winterfell.

I like the character and I love the GoT outfits. I have been fearing for the worst as regards Arya's head but took the risk anyway... and I have to admit: though certainly not top notch, the head is surprisingly good. What do you think? Is it because it has indeed turned out reasonable or is it just due to my abysmal expectations?

Though I am certainly no fan of sculpted hair, I still think that a good hair sculpt is better than a messy rooting and prefer sculpting to the sparse and scrubby "real hair" that is often seen in mass production. (Not generous enough to treat my figures a custom job, which of course would be the dream solution to the ongoing hairy issues.)
I like the solution to mix sculpting and real hair for long hairstyles that would otherwise hinder the neck mobility (and sculpted long hair looks really odd to me).

The outfit and accessories are nice and the articulation is good, with the exception of the elbows... Seems to be the same damn body as Joffrey's. She can hardly bend her elbow more than 90 degrees and hold it in position. Why not use a double joint with such outfits? What's the point in giving up movability for skin you do not see?  Evil or Very Mad

Btw: I am still missing Michael Crawford's review of her (and Tormund)... Wondering whether she is still to show up there.

Here are a couple of quick pics:

ThreeZero - GoT - Arya Stark (Season 8) Img_4609egjv6

ThreeZero - GoT - Arya Stark (Season 8) Img_4611pekmp

ThreeZero - GoT - Arya Stark (Season 8) Img_4614k1jvk

ThreeZero - GoT - Arya Stark (Season 8) Img_461696kz7

ThreeZero - GoT - Arya Stark (Season 8) Img_4625zwk44

ThreeZero - GoT - Arya Stark (Season 8) Img_46293vkbo

ThreeZero - GoT - Arya Stark (Season 8) Img_4635kqklc

ThreeZero - GoT - Arya Stark (Season 8) Img_4641cbjvn

ThreeZero - GoT - Arya Stark (Season 8) Img_4645hfjg1

ThreeZero - GoT - Arya Stark (Season 8) Img_46469pkwe

ThreeZero - GoT - Arya Stark (Season 8) Img_4626-1kopfh9k5e

family...

ThreeZero - GoT - Arya Stark (Season 8) Img_4622-1starkspjkb6

Should I take further pics of my GoT characters in the future, I will just add them here...

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Very nice pictures and review. She looks really great.
Thanks for sharing.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
She turned out rather well, and the combination hair and the 2-piece boots helps a lot.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

ThreeZero - GoT - Arya Stark (Season 8) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Like Stryker said, she turned out great, and those are some good solutions (combination hair and two piece boots). Glad you like her (for the most part), she deserves it. By the way, excellent backdrop and ground cover. And I think you really should take and post more photos of your GOT characters, because that group shot is excellent. Smile

Allotropos

Allotropos
Illusion wrote:"Stick them with the pointy end"

The outfit and accessories are nice and the articulation is good, with the exception of the elbows... Seems to be the same damn body as Joffrey's. She can hardly bend her elbow more than 90 degrees and hold it in position. Why not use a double joint with such outfits? What's the point in giving up movability for skin you do not see?  Evil or Very Mad

Hi,
ThreeZero - GoT - Arya Stark (Season 8) 3iNcKVS
The base figure is double-jointed but due to the skin sleeve (as you can see in the picture below), it makes bending the arm more difficult with the annoying bounce back.
Since she is dressed and her arms are covered you can either :
1. Completely remove the arm sleeve and leave it as is for unrestricted movement or
2. (what I did - not pictured) cut the arm sleeve just above the elbow joints and redressed her.
ThreeZero - GoT - Arya Stark (Season 8) AtsNrAP

She's much more poseable now.
ThreeZero - GoT - Arya Stark (Season 8) RkGCj7O
ThreeZero - GoT - Arya Stark (Season 8) 3OfFwfX

I find her awkwardly tall. Her man-sized boots do not help.
I dressed Ginny Weasly in Arya's clothing and she looks much more realistic in terms of height but those boots were an eye sore on Ginny (to me).
ThreeZero - GoT - Arya Stark (Season 8) K1NVXlk

Since I could not use Arya's 2 piece boots, I modded Ginny's stock shoes and made her some fur boots instead and added some accessories.
ThreeZero - GoT - Arya Stark (Season 8) SZR7ncN

3Zero's a hit and miss sometimes. I have Tormund and he's awesome but the body is crap.
Still - Arya was on my list to get and I am overall happy with her.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack your post but I hope that arm sleeve fix helps (I plan to do the same to my Joffrey soon).

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thank you for these tips. With a new face, I do like Arya much more lol

Illusion

Illusion
Randam Hajile wrote:Very nice pictures and review. She looks really great.
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for looking and leaving a line!

Stryker2011 wrote:She turned out rather well, and the combination hair and the 2-piece boots helps a lot.

Thank you! Yes, the two piece boots are important. (After ThreeZero messed those with Joffrey).

GubernatorFan wrote:Like Stryker said, she turned out great, and those are some good solutions (combination hair and two piece boots). Glad you like her (for the most part), she deserves it. By the way, excellent backdrop and ground cover. And I think you really should take and post more photos of your GOT characters, because that group shot is excellent. Smile

Thank you. Just a quick grap of two design card board sheets… I was lucky enough to remember the fake snow before taking the pics  Wink
I should take more pics again in general… but where is the time to do so…

Allotropos wrote:

The base figure is double-jointed but due to the skin sleeve (as you can see in the picture below), it makes bending the arm more difficult with the annoying bounce back.
Since she is dressed and her arms are covered you can either :
1. Completely remove the arm sleeve and leave it as is for unrestricted movement or
2. (what I did - not pictured) cut the arm sleeve just above the elbow joints and redressed her. ….

Sorry didn't mean to hijack your post but I hope that arm sleeve fix helps (I plan to do the same to my Joffrey soon).

no hijacking at all! Thanks so much for this information! It is highly appreciated and surely of interest for a lot more people!
I am usually quite hesitant to make changes to figures (as I do sell one once in a while) - but in this case it should greatly increase the fun with the figure so I will most likely give it a try bounce

I am not so picky when it comes to correct body sizes. She looks nice and reasonable enough for me. Also I do not mind the boots too much. I Try not to find too many hairs in my soup Wink
Ginny makes for a great Wildling Very Happy - but the boots would be too big for her indeed.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting and effective modifications, Allotropos. And glad to see Arya make another friend.

Illusion

Illusion
SUCCESS!
I did it and took off the „arm skin sleeve“. Didn‘t have to cut anything. The skin can just be pulled off, which means it can be put back on if necessary (for sale or whatever purpose).

Thanks again for pointing this out!

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
She looks great!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum