OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
POPTOYS 1/6 EX037 Miyamoto Musashi Action figure
List:
Head*1
Body*1
Normal arm*1 pair
Hold sword arm*1 pair
Push-type sword arm*1 pair
Underwear*1
Coat*1
Pants*1 pair
Tabi*2
Straw sandals * 1 pair
Corset * 1
Wakizashi strap * 1
Bamboo hat*1
Sleeve entangler*1
Katana*1
Wakizashi*1
Figure stand*1

japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) 57edf710
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) F06c8d10
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) E39ae810
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) E1192710
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) 64a1f410
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) 6473e710
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) 06769c10
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) C7341710
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) Ba878510
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) D1e3d910
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) 85ab0510
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) 782b7a10
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) 16e3e310
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) E3f6e910
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) Ac9e8e10
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) A2693710
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) E2c50b10
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) E8427c10
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) D2a3a610
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) 52e6b110
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) 24c20b10
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) D6c45210
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) Da936810
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) 5f115010
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) 17789b10
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) 1a100010
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) 8b671c10

#newproduct #PopToys #MiyamotoMusashi #Japanese #male #historical #Ronin

Theflyingman

Really nice figure. Wonder why they included that pole arm (sleeve entangler?) When it's not a part of his legend. Unless there's some new stuff I don't know about.

csyeung

csyeung
I'm liking this and the sculpt looks great in the proto. I believe this is based on the Westworld version. He used the sodegarami in the tv show.

japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) Sw_mus10

japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) Tumblr_p9afdhUjIq1syv3zao1_1280

Ovy

Ovy
Every headsculpt of this actor is a gift to the 1/6 world, haha.🤗 What a complete champ. And the arms are great for this clothing style. They might be the most detailed industrial forearms that exist.

Actually wanted to make a T-shaped Sodegarami or a Kanabo (Samurai Baseball bat to crush armor) one day with nails and wood.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Ovy wrote:Every headsculpt of this actor is a gift to the 1/6 world, haha.🤗 What a complete champ.

True, I love his face, great actor

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
What a gorgeous, hyper-realistic set. In principle I'm not a big fan of the detachable no wrist (or in the case of legs/feet, ankle) articulation extremities, but it does look great.

suo76

This one looks really nice.

shazzdan

shazzdan
I want one.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, I love those seamless wrists!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This could honestly be my first “samurai”/Ronin figure. That head sculpt of a great Asian actor, and a cool representation is awesome.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) C8485110

blackpool

blackpool
Ok I'm sold!

if it can be of any help, I do have the previous "ronin/samurai" poptoys made, the articulation is extremely well done, especially at the shoulders that really allow beautiful katana holding stances.
The finish of the forearms is very good, subtle veins and details. As expected from poptoys the tailoring is awesome, to the detail of the sandals and socks.

japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) Lastsa10

japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) Lastsa11

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, your photography makes these look like real people at first glance! Gorgeous!

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
That Algren looks fantastic! Those sculpted forearms look phenomenal, just a simple no-visible-wrist-joint look really accounts for realism of the figures.

suo76

Thanks for the pictures. They look really great and helps with the decision to buy this one. Very Happy

blackpool

blackpool
skywalkersaga wrote:Wow, your photography makes these look like real people at first glance! Gorgeous!

Thank you Sky! I actually brought them with me on vacation last summer, they fitted so well in the scenery!

rollotomasi wrote:That Algren looks fantastic! Those sculpted forearms look phenomenal, just a simple no-visible-wrist-joint look really accounts for realism of the figures.

suo76 wrote:Thanks for the pictures. They look really great and helps with the decision to buy this one. Very Happy

Indeed those forearms are extremely well done. The only limitation was that poptoys didn't include any alternative forearms on their "last samurai" figures, so they are bound to hold a sword (that's the way of the bushido lol)
Btw even if they don't come with any accessory besides the wooden training katana, the headsculpts are amazing, the figures are heavy and sturdy with tight joints, poptoys did a superb job for a decent price (I grabbed mine at kghobby, 108€ each)

So I'm definitely in for this one just to have more of those forearms!
(plus Mr Sanada's older look is fantastic and could match nicely with keanu reeves as the 47 Ronins, just sayin)

csyeung

csyeung
I got this in today, I'll try to post up some pics later today. So far the packaging looks very nice.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow. That came out really fast. Looking forward to seeing what you got.

japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) C8485110

csyeung

csyeung
Yea it was, I think I Po'd in November heh

The packaging is really nice, it's got a paper wrap over the shipper, shipper has a simple cloud design.
(I got it from OSK, so it was packed really nice. The box itself is a simple blue pattern but has a magnetic cover that has a classic painting on the other side. and a bookmark type image on folded in. Reminds me of all those Japanese art books i used to get where they do that type of stuff.

japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) Dsc03114
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) Dsc03113
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) Dsc03115
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) Dsc03116

When you open it up there is a 1/1 prop letter. It's in Japanese so I'm not sure what it says, 6-pages. I don't really remember this from the series, I'll have to watch that episode again.

japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) Dsc03117
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) Dsc03118

Comes in two foam trays, there's not a lot of accessories. (Also realized they forgot to pack the crotchgrabber, Kit's said he's going to get me a replacement from poptoys)

japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) Dsc03119
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) Dsc03120

The figure and the headsculpt. Looks pretty good to me from the front. The headsculpt looks like the actor, Hiroyuki Sanada. I do think they must have squished the mold a bit. His profile looks a bit flat, feels like the back of the skull should protrude back more around where the topknot is.

japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) Dsc03123
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) Dsc03122
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) Dsc03121
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) Dsc03124

The hands are hard plastic but nicely painted there are veins and pinkish sections. There are no instructions on how to change them, looks like you just pop them off. Definitely no wrist articulation. I had thought it was going to be a softer plastic,

japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) Dsc03125
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) Dsc03126

Hat is hard plastic with string to tie.

japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) Dsc03210
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) Dsc03211

The blades of the sword are diecast, the grips are string like material.

japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) Dsc03213
japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) Dsc03212

The barbed weapon is super long, about 16 inches in length. The tip on the end and the whole barbed piece is metal. The rest is wood, similar to a wooden chopstick. Pretty cool. Not sure if figure will be able to keep it held up.

japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) Dsc03214

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice weapons and arm accessories are pretty cool. I could see someone doing some really creepy dismembered body part sequences with those. The back of the head is jarring to say the least, like his skull was crushed. The face looks pretty good. I’d almost be tempted to contact Kit about the head being like that as it “could” be a factory defect; doesn’t hurt to ask.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I wonder if the head was shaped like that because of the hat? How does it look with the hat on?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:I wonder if the head was shaped like that because of the hat? How does it look with the hat on?

Good point; but that would still be odd, since they could have done something like other companies have done and just have part of his hair removable to accommodate the hat.

csyeung

csyeung
I'm pretty sure the head is like that for their entire production. I found this picture from ebay where they are parting out the head and i did an overlay. It's pretty much the same as mine. (slightly different angle from my pics above but bun to forehead is pretty much the same distance.

japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) S-l16010

Here's how he looks with the hat on. You won't notice cause the hat will cover up half his head anyway unless you're trying to peek from underneath. there's a small notch for the bun in the hat.

japanese - NEW PRODUCT: PopToys: 1/6 Miyamoto Musashi Action Figure (#EX037) Dsc03215

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Lovely, except maybe for the back of the head. I bet they did this to avoid having a separate head sculpt of hair piece to accommodate the hat. Too bad. It does not look too distracting to me, but obviously the effect is different on different viewers. I love the rest, even if I am opposed to no wrist articulation on principle (yes, I know what they're going for and why). Soft rubbery plastic would have been great, but I never expected it to be that when I saw the promotional information and images. Still, a great samurai figure. Have you started swapping the hands yet? It occurs to me that, despite the fairly concise nature of the commentary, this is pretty much a full review -- or will be -- when you share more of your impressions. Anyway, thank you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum