OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS 1/6 EX051 Female Vikings Action figure Lagertha

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Valiarde

Valiarde
POPTOYS 1/6 EX051 Female Vikings Action figure
List:
Head*1
Body*1
Ordinary hands*1 pair
Holding hands*1 pair
Upper armor*1
Front skirt armor * 1 (2.5mm manual chain armor)
Rear skirt armor* 1 (2.5mm manual chain armor)
Shoulder armor * 1 pair (2.5mm manual chain armor)
Arm armor*1 pair
Shirt*1
Pants*1
Cloak*1
Boots*1 pair
Leather belt*1
Alloy sword*1
Scabbard*1
Wooden Viking shield*1
Figure stand*1

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS 1/6 EX051 Female Vikings Action figure Lagertha MIlEdx5h

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS 1/6 EX051 Female Vikings Action figure Lagertha Udc9n5mh

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS 1/6 EX051 Female Vikings Action figure Lagertha IE7Jtm4h

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS 1/6 EX051 Female Vikings Action figure Lagertha KRBBwEnh

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS 1/6 EX051 Female Vikings Action figure Lagertha WdwREYvh

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS 1/6 EX051 Female Vikings Action figure Lagertha Udc9n5mh

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS 1/6 EX051 Female Vikings Action figure Lagertha YiHmKWwh

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS 1/6 EX051 Female Vikings Action figure Lagertha EpNAg3Qh

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS 1/6 EX051 Female Vikings Action figure Lagertha UCNEjEyh

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Ooooh….thanks for posting this one! I started my recent journey into figures originally trying to find a viking woman…. The Lagertha likeness doesn’t look completely spot-on, but will definitely watch out for this one. The outfit detail looks more reasonable to the show. I’m still deciding on whether to stretch to a Coomodel male viking preorder, but if POPtoys do some of the male Vikings characters that will be interesting too…. Coomodel seems to have a little better quality to it from reviews I’ve seen so far - anyone have general comments on POPtoys?

Valiarde

Valiarde
Tanzenwolfe wrote:Ooooh….thanks for posting this one!  I started my recent journey into figures originally trying to find a viking woman…. The Lagertha likeness doesn’t look completely spot-on, but will definitely watch out for this one.  The outfit detail looks more reasonable to the show.  I’m still deciding on whether to stretch to a Coomodel male viking preorder, but if POPtoys do some of the male Vikings characters that will be interesting too…. Coomodel seems to have a little better quality to it from reviews I’ve seen so far - anyone have general comments on POPtoys?

I think Poptoys is my favourite company right now, I like their quality and themes - normally the QC of Coomodel is a bit subpar and they get much flak for it on social media (even though I also like coomodel and have many of their knights.) I think you can't go wrong with either one, just go with the figure you want to see on your shelf. I also have the new Coo viking, it is very well done, I only have problems with the hands coming off to easily but other than that i love it.

Waiden

Waiden
Looks decent NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS 1/6 EX051 Female Vikings Action figure Lagertha 1f60a

Could anyone explain the difference between Pop Toys and Pop Costumes?

Valiarde

Valiarde
They operate under both names... I always assumed Pop Costumes is a sub company of them for some tailoring but not quiet sure to be honest.
Maybe they tried a name change to not have TOY in the name, but they still sell under Poptoys brand so...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I like the cloak and the brooches, but have no interest in the figure -- I was unfortunately not a big fan of the costumes for that series.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Only watched the first episode. Was okay, not bad but also not great. Still like this figure and head. But I guess it will not be cheap, so I'm not sure I want it that much.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:Only watched the first episode. Was okay, not bad but also not great. Still like this figure and head. But I guess it will not be cheap, so I'm not sure I want it that much.

That’s how I was. Watched one episode and stopped. (Scary thing is I have the entire series on Blu-Ray). I’m pretty sure there’s another company working on her also.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS 1/6 EX051 Female Vikings Action figure Lagertha C8485110

csyeung

csyeung
I watched like the first couple seasons. Was pretty good. I think the head is off though from the actress. Her costume and braids seemed to look cooler in the show. Poptoys usually does pretty decent work, especially with the armors. Proto on this doesn't look as good as some of their other offerings in my opinion. I'm wondering maybe because the chainmail is difficult to make convincingly in sixth scale. I think they do a good job here, but the chains are probably still too big.

Pic for reference

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS 1/6 EX051 Female Vikings Action figure Lagertha A9cf841a9e1c9b601d5499679cb26e64--katheryn-winnick-lagertha

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
There was a custom figure done a couple years ago (or maybe it's still in the works?) and the head sculpt was fully haired and was absolutely stunning (I think it came to something like $800-900 for it, so I passed). (Made by the same group that did the rooted hair Hela/Cate Blanchet).

Valiarde

Valiarde
Stryker2011 wrote:There was a custom figure done a couple years ago (or maybe it's still in the works?) and the head sculpt was fully haired and was absolutely stunning (I think it came to something like $800-900 for it, so I passed). (Made by the same group that did the rooted hair Hela/Cate Blanchet).

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS 1/6 EX051 Female Vikings Action figure Lagertha Ulli_p10
This one from Ulli Pekka?
He said he wants to make a second run of just the head

And I think 2,5mm chainmail size is good for mass production chainmail. Until a few years ago we only had the bigger ring versions..

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah, I think that’s the one. If they do just the head, I may be interested. Would be cool to do a Valkyrie with that head sculpt.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, the POP head is not a very good likeness. Otherwise the figure looks good as a representation of the character from the show and a less cliche female warrior. That Ulli head, on the other hand, looks much, much better.

csyeung

csyeung
That custom looks amazing!

gooboo

I would have preferred Poptoys making something like a female version of COOModel's viking, instead of this tv show viking warrior. There are some elements to this outfit I like, but overall I find it lackluster and don't think I'll buy it.

I do wish there was a photo of what the tunic looked like without the armor. I guess I'll have to wait until this set gets parted out on ebay.

shazzdan

shazzdan
They screwed up the mail armour. Should have copied COOMODEL.

Valiarde

Valiarde
shazzdan wrote:They screwed up the mail armour. Should have copied COOMODEL.

With Coo you mean that mail armour from the viking especially and not the other coo mail armors right?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
gooboo wrote:I would have preferred Poptoys making something like a female version of COOModel's viking, instead of this tv show viking warrior. There are some elements to this outfit I like, but overall I find it lackluster and don't think I'll buy it.

The costumes were what made me unable to watch this tv show, they were , in my opinion, atrocious. Nails on chalkboard to my eyes....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
I think Poptoys is my favourite company right now, I like their quality and themes - normally the QC of Coomodel is a bit subpar and they get much flak for it on social media (even though I also like coomodel and have many of their knights.) I think you can't go wrong with either one, just go with the figure you want to see on your shelf. I also have the new Coo viking, it is very well done, I only have problems with the hands coming off to easily but other than that i love it.

[/quote]

Interesting thanks, wasn’t aware of the QC issues with Coomodel.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Valiarde wrote:
shazzdan wrote:They screwed up the mail armour. Should have copied COOMODEL.

With Coo you mean that mail armour from the viking especially and not the other coo mail armors right?

Yep. It is the first time I've seen mail armour done properly.

shazzdan

shazzdan
skywalkersaga wrote:
gooboo wrote:I would have preferred Poptoys making something like a female version of COOModel's viking, instead of this tv show viking warrior. There are some elements to this outfit I like, but overall I find it lackluster and don't think I'll buy it.

The costumes were what made me unable to watch this tv show, they were , in my opinion, atrocious. Nails on chalkboard to my eyes....

Me too. I only started watching it because I like Gabriel Byrne.

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Well that Ulli Pekka version is a superb head!  I wish all heads were that well done, but then again my bank account would spontaneously combust.

I really enjoyed the Vikings series, it tailed off a bit during the last couple of seasons but thought it was a good pacey journey and some strong characters, with a reasonable smattering of historical basis, if a bit mashed up for the storytelling. This and GoT binges carried me through the lockdowns.

Evidently there were similar ideas inspiring the Lagertha costume homage - seems pretty accurate to the Vikings screen version at least.

Ovy

Ovy
But does she have viking woman body?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Ovy wrote:But does she have viking woman body?

No but she does have Viking Spirit!

I've never watched 'Vikings', but from the photos, that sculpt looks nothing like the actress (which in my book is a good thing - I like to create characters that aren't bound to an actor's likeness).

Although (and here's a reference that will probably be lost on anyone born after 1990):

If that sculpt looks like anyone, it looks like Diana Scarwid.

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS 1/6 EX051 Female Vikings Action figure Lagertha 1191

Annalise

Annalise
Newly arrived is POPtoys Lagertha, oops, I mean generic Viking Female Soldier not based on any specific copyrighted IP...

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS 1/6 EX051 Female Vikings Action figure Lagertha 1img_215

The armour is real metal rings on her torso and shoulders and molded and painted on her forearms. Mine unfortunately has a defect in one chain where the ring wasn't joined properly leaving a noticeable gap. Sad  (I'll pretend it's battle damaged). The cloak is great. Nice thick material with a wire and two different coloured strips wound through. The shield is big and real wood and super heavy meaning that it looks amazing BUT while you MAY be able to get her arm to hold it up, her wrist won't, so getting the shield parallel to her body is challenging. The good news is that her hands, unlike previous POP figs I have, are super tight on the pegs and won't be falling off.

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS 1/6 EX051 Female Vikings Action figure Lagertha 2img_214

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS 1/6 EX051 Female Vikings Action figure Lagertha 3img_215

The weight of the metal on her shoulders makes her top-heavy and very time-consuming and more than a bit frustrating to pose. The stand is included for a reason as she loves nothing more than a good face-plant.

Her hair is wool or mohair or ?. Very different from the std plastic rooted hair material usually used and very realistic. I really wish they had done all her hair with it because I thought I wasn't going to like the half and half hair and sure enough, I don't. I understand the intricate braids would be impossible to pull off otherwise, but I don't think it's worth it. From the front it's not too bad at times...

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS 1/6 EX051 Female Vikings Action figure Lagertha 4img_216

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS 1/6 EX051 Female Vikings Action figure Lagertha 5img_213

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS 1/6 EX051 Female Vikings Action figure Lagertha 6img_213

The side view gets a bit worse...

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS 1/6 EX051 Female Vikings Action figure Lagertha 7img_213

From the back it's just bad. It looks like she's got an Alien Facehugger sitting on her head!

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS 1/6 EX051 Female Vikings Action figure Lagertha 8img_212

I'm leaning towards this Pop knight head as a replacement at the moment.

NEW PRODUCT: POPTOYS 1/6 EX051 Female Vikings Action figure Lagertha 9img_211

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum