OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question re: tbleague S23 versions

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Question re: tbleague S23 versions Empty Question re: tbleague S23 versions Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:10 am

Ghost808

Ghost808
I'm looking to get a couple more S23 bodies, but I don't want the newer "big booty" sculpts. 
I really don't like the bubble butt, and I find they often have one odd shaped nipple, that shows through on tighter outfits.

Does anyone know if/where it's still possible to buy the older s23's with the smaller posterior? Do they have a different serial number? 

I really want to replace my newer S23's.

Any help and advice is much appreciated.

2Question re: tbleague S23 versions Empty Re: Question re: tbleague S23 versions Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:02 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Good question. I have no idea, all my S23Bs are probably from the original batches. I had read somewhere on here that they changed the design a little bit, and I hope someone can tell you something helpful. Maybe write to GianToy. I imagine that if any seller paid attention to this or has an easy way of tracking it, it would be them.

3Question re: tbleague S23 versions Empty Re: Question re: tbleague S23 versions Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:14 pm

Ghost808

Ghost808
GubernatorFan wrote:Good question. I have no idea, all my S23Bs are probably from the original batches. I had read somewhere on here that they changed the design a little bit, and I hope someone can tell you something helpful. Maybe write to GianToy. I imagine that if any seller paid attention to this or has an easy way of tracking it, it would be them.
Yeah, I was considering giving Giant a message. They have always been helpful re skin tones, sizes etc.

TBL changed the design quite a bit, in fact. 
I totally didn't notice until somebody on this forum mentioned "bubble butt". I stripped down an old 23 and compared it to a newer 23 I bought a few weeks back. The difference is really noticeable.
The newer models have noticeably smaller chests that point up more, MUCH larger backsides, and one much larger nipple!
As somebody who prides themselves on their observation skills, I'm gutted I never notice, until now!

After some checking, Turns out 3 of my 6 TBL 22/23's are newer. Now I want to swap them out. Its really bugging me! The original is far superior.

4Question re: tbleague S23 versions Empty Re: Question re: tbleague S23 versions Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:12 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hmmm... When it comes to realism and practicality, the smaller chest could be a good thing; but the bigger backside less so. It is difficult enough to put outfits on these to begin with.

5Question re: tbleague S23 versions Empty Re: Question re: tbleague S23 versions Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:40 am

Ghost808

Ghost808
GubernatorFan wrote:Hmmm... When it comes to realism and practicality, the smaller chest could be a good thing; but the bigger backside less so. It is difficult enough to put outfits on these to begin with.
Yup. The smaller chest isn't such an issue. In fact for believability, the more reasonable size works well. However, the kardashian backside on an otherwise slim and highly athletic body, is actually pretty ridiculous. 
Now I've seen it, I can't unsee it. I really want the new ones gone. 

And you are spot on about fitting. I tried changing a kitbash last night, and couldn't find any trousers that fit the newer body.

I've asked giantoy if they can help, so fingers crossed.

6Question re: tbleague S23 versions Empty Re: Question re: tbleague S23 versions Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:00 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I feel you. I'm honestly not keen on the newer design, either. But if I knew how or where to get the original style body, I'd have got some already for myself, lol. If I ever find any though, I'll let you know.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

7Question re: tbleague S23 versions Empty Re: Question re: tbleague S23 versions Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:43 pm

Ghost808

Ghost808
Had a reply from Giantoy. They weren't even aware there was a difference between older and newer S22/23's, and there are no different product codes. So that is a dead end, sadly.

8Question re: tbleague S23 versions Empty Re: Question re: tbleague S23 versions Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:48 pm

Ghost808

Ghost808
skywalkersaga wrote:I feel you. I'm honestly not keen on the newer design, either. But if I knew how or where to get the original style body, I'd have got some already for myself, lol. If I ever find any though, I'll let you know.
Im assuming you already tried contacting tbleague directly?

I've bought spare heads and hands directly from them in the past, so I wonder if they can shed any light on the existence of older 22/23's.

If you've already tried, I'll not bother.

9Question re: tbleague S23 versions Empty Re: Question re: tbleague S23 versions Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:05 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
If TBLeague is communicative, I suppose they are the people to ask, even more so than GianToy -- too bad they were not aware of this, although even if they were they might not have been able to help in the end. Apart from product numbers, it occurs to me that if the product's date of production is labeled anywhere, that might provide the answer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum